Recent iPhone Models Haven’t Been Innovative…Hmmm

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
You don’t need to buy a new phone with Touch ID, just use an Apple Watch. Aod is kind of pointless with an apple watch as well.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212208

f05f656fa6dd7d8351ebd1d8fea94912.jpg

Shouldn't need an optional $400 accessory to easily unlock a phone while wearing a facemask.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, I think it’s so pointless. I had a Pixel 5A for a couple weeks beginning of the month and I used split screen mode.

Conclusion. It sucked! LOL. Using two tiny windows was awful. I was trying to use a guide to change icons to match Android 12 Material You and the other window I was using the app to customize the icons, it was a terrible experience. Definitely a gimmick and I can see why  hasn’t implemented it on the iPhone.

Now it works wonders on the iPad and I use it all the time but on the iPhone it would just be too compact.

That’s the thing isn’t it, iPhone users can use an iPad, android users don’t want to use an android tablet .

For android users It’s either tiny screen multitasking or nothing.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't need an optional $400 accessory to easily unlock a phone while wearing a facemask.

Doesn’t cost anything If you already have an Apple Watch, and if you don’t you can get one second hand for nothing.

If you want those features on an iPhone there is a way. If you don’t you can just pull down your mask. , which still works better than an under screen fps.

At least others are doing something different, such as foldable displays.

What’s the point of doing something different if it doesn’t work/sell.

The foldables are even more Iterative than the iPhone. Aren’t they on their third generation? Not much has changed for foldables in three years .

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I do not really feel anything premium about iPhone. Mobile phone market saturated quite sometime ago. Only thing premium about iPhone is Apple pricing. It apparently gives some quarter of the walled garden market tremendous "high-end" feeling by owning iPhone. Apple really succeeded in creating this image. Apple watches, though very useful, are something disposable every 1 to 3 years yet they put Hermes, Nike and other name brands to maintain high end image. When Apple hyped up X super-cycle, I stopped my annual update cycle. I did not want to be milked. My current SE2020 is very "useful". I used to be an incurable gadget freak but became quite sober these days. I ran my own business that requires heavy use of off-office (i.e., mobile) communications. But I have no desire to buy the latest and the greatest. Perhaps next year when iPhone 14 might have some sort of touch ID, I will probably buy it. Until then, nothing really attracts me (as far as mobile phone is concerned). Other thing is that I strongly believe that the culture of Apple has changed (or completely lost). I do not expect Apple will wow us every year. But somehow, when Apple was more than spreadsheet gazer/bottom line defender, I loved everything Apple was doing and was proud of owning their products, S/W or H/W.
If I may, I just wish to post some quotes I stole from another forum that I noted and stored in my Notes app (hey, it's Apple app and very user friendly! :). Sorry, my post is becoming too long.
I value those airy-faiiry image of Apple in yesteryears more than high-end image created. In the era of former CEO, we all could feel that he was always thinking about pleasing users of Apple products. The bottom line naturally followed.

"A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them." - Steve Jobs

"Every once in a while a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything." - Steve Jobs at the unveiling of iPhone

"We built products for ourselves. We were the group of people who were going to judge whether it was great or not. We weren't going to go out and do market research. - Steve Jobs"

[Think Different] commercial in his own words in 1997

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtftHaK9tYY

Ahh, speechless.....

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
And... One more thing.
I am not a "worshipper" of Jobs, but he did not need script screen in his key note speech as everything was store in his head. It was mostly spontaneous presentation. When he realized that his customers were pleased, you could tell how proud he was. Seeing that, I was most willing and happy to buy Apple products. Never felt price was artificially jacked up. When products are good, people are most willing to open their wallet. High end image? Never cared about it. I just felt lucky to be able to afford what I wanted and worth spending money for.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
The entire smartphone market has peaked. I don’t know how much more innovation can be put into these slabs of glass.

Smartphones and computing are to us what the industrial revolution was to the generations that were living at its peak.

This was exactly my first thought when I read the OP. Is a foldable screen innovative? When you open it up it’s still just a smartphone.

At this point I’m just using a phone that has the features I use most at a reasonable price. Anything else is just throwing money away in my book.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
This was exactly my first thought when I read the OP. Is a foldable screen innovative? When you open it up it’s still just a smartphone.

At this point I’m just using a phone that has the features I use most at a reasonable price. Anything else is just throwing money away in my book.

Totally agreed.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think Apple really does need to step up their game, the fact that they just now busted out a screen with 120hz refresh when everyone else has had them for a minute is sad.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Interesting ! I personally hope that Apple stays away from “foldy fones” until there is a system around that will last for five years or more, Oh and I hate watches, and have no intention of wearing one again.
I would like to see a battery that would allow my iPhone to run for three days, or real air charging. I would like to see a genuine Apple browser, easily customisable so I never need see ten year old content again (unless I hit an ALL button !) And I would like to see some genuine security measures,that do not come pre-disabled. Nothing much, and nothing that Apple could not afford to do if it put its mind to it. The bling is for those who need an excuse to spend over a grand every year to keep the used market going.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Doesn’t cost anything If you already have an Apple Watch, and if you don’t you can get one second hand for nothing.

If you want those features on an iPhone there is a way. If you don’t you can just pull down your mask. , which still works better than an under screen fps.

What’s the point of doing something different if it doesn’t work/sell.

The foldables are even more Iterative than the iPhone. Aren’t they on their third generation? Not much has changed for foldables in three years .

It still requires buying an optional accessory to bypass FaceID. "Next to nothing" is still $100+. That's not "next to nothing".

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Then buy an Apple Watch 3 for $199 @mrsegundus. ;)

That feature works great!

Not everyone can go out and just drop $200 on an optional accessory. Shouldn't have to spend more money just to bypass FaceID with a mask.

BTW, bypassing FaceID with my Apple Watch only works like 1 in 4 times.

gyounk

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
You are correct. Not everyone can afford $200.

Don’t wear a mask the. Risk it.

It work every time with my Face ID on my iPhone 11 and Apple Watch 4. 100% every time.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I do not really feel anything premium about iPhone. Mobile phone market saturated quite sometime ago. Only thing premium about iPhone is Apple pricing. It apparently gives some quarter of the walled garden market tremendous "high-end" feeling by owning iPhone. Apple really succeeded in creating this image. Apple watches, though very useful, are something disposable every 1 to 3 years yet they put Hermes, Nike and other name brands to maintain high end image. When Apple hyped up X super-cycle, I stopped my annual update cycle. I did not want to be milked. My current SE2020 is very "useful". I used to be an incurable gadget freak but became quite sober these days. I ran my own business that requires heavy use of off-office (i.e., mobile) communications. But I have no desire to buy the latest and the greatest. Perhaps next year when iPhone 14 might have some sort of touch ID, I will probably buy it. Until then, nothing really attracts me (as far as mobile phone is concerned). Other thing is that I strongly believe that the culture of Apple has changed (or completely lost). I do not expect Apple will wow us every year. But somehow, when Apple was more than spreadsheet gazer/bottom line defender, I loved everything Apple was doing and was proud of owning their products, S/W or H/W.
If I may, I just wish to post some quotes I stole from another forum that I noted and stored in my Notes app (hey, it's Apple app and very user friendly! :). Sorry, my post is becoming too long.
I value those airy-faiiry image of Apple in yesteryears more than high-end image created. In the era of former CEO, we all could feel that he was always thinking about pleasing users of Apple products. The bottom line naturally followed.

"A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them." - Steve Jobs

"Every once in a while a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything." - Steve Jobs at the unveiling of iPhone

"We built products for ourselves. We were the group of people who were going to judge whether it was great or not. We weren't going to go out and do market research. - Steve Jobs"

[Think Different] commercial in his own words in 1997

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtftHaK9tYY

Ahh, speechless.....

Doesn’t matter what your feelings are; premium refers to 400 plus dollar. It’s an industry standard

And... One more thing.
I am not a "worshipper" of Jobs, but he did not need script screen in his key note speech as everything was store in his head. It was mostly spontaneous presentation. When he realized that his customers were pleased, you could tell how proud he was. Seeing that, I was most willing and happy to buy Apple products. Never felt price was artificially jacked up. When products are good, people are most willing to open their wallet. High end image? Never cared about it. I just felt lucky to be able to afford what I wanted and worth spending money for.

Jobs had the screens hidden in the stage, it wasn’t spontaneous, he rehearsed with an audience till he got it perfect, including timing laughter and applause from the audience.

You shouldn’t make things up.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Doesn’t matter what your feelings are; premium refers to 400 plus dollar. It’s an industry standard

Jobs had the screens hidden in the stage, it wasn’t spontaneous, he rehearsed with an audience till he got it perfect, including timing laughter and applause from the audience.

You shouldn’t make things up.

Re industry standard, I forgot all about it. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Re Jobs presentation, I knew he was occasionally changed his sightline sideways, giving short glancing at some screens, but very rarely. I thought it was mostly for agenda and sequence os presentations etc.
1. He did have everything in his head. You just can tell it from the way and what he was presenting. He presented everything as if they were his personal project. But it should also be true that he must have rehearsed everything million times. My point was mostly about the comparison with Cook's presentation: Yes, we all enjoyed Jobs insertions of smart remarks and humours. He could do that precisely because most of what he wanted to say was in his head. I watched his presentation so many times and of course know there are hidden monitors etc. In Cook's time, those transcripts are obviously placed in lower point between the stage and audience (hidden). But his occasional changes in eye directions revealed where they were place. I did not think I made up anything in a public forum like this, lol. I just wanted to make my posts more concise but it apparently did not work out well.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Re industry standard, I forgot all about it. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Re Jobs presentation, I knew he was occasionally changed his sightline sideways, giving short glancing at some screens, but very rarely. I thought it was mostly for agenda and sequence os presentations etc.
1. He did have everything in his head. You just can tell it from the way and what he was presenting. He presented everything as if they were his personal project. But it should also be true that he must have rehearsed everything million times. My point was mostly about the comparison with Cook's presentation: Yes, we all enjoyed Jobs insertions of smart remarks and humours. He could do that precisely because most of what he wanted to say was in his head. I watched his presentation so many times and of course know there are hidden monitors etc. In Cook's time, those transcripts are obviously placed in lower point between the stage and audience (hidden). But his occasional changes in eye directions revealed where they were place. I did not think I made up anything in a public forum like this, lol. I just wanted to make my posts more concise but it apparently did not work out well.

And... One more thing.
I am not a "worshipper" of Jobs, but he did not need script screen in his key note speech as everything was store in his head. It was mostly spontaneous presentation.

Spontaneous or rehearsed can’t be both, so yeah sounded made up, you know since it wasn’t true.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Spontaneous or rehearsed can’t be both, so yeah sounded made up, you know since it wasn’t true.

OK, sorry, English is not my first language. But I am sure you knew what I was trying to convey. Jobs presented his speech so smoothly that it all "sounded "spontaneous" in the essence of his speech. It is very natural to rehearse the proceeding of speech before, but I still insist that most, if not all, of his speech at least sounded "spontaneous". Take a look at his presentation at unveiling of the 1st iPhone.

OK, I need to take a few years sabbatical from this forum while polishing my English....
I do not want to spread false info., of course not, lol

So long and see you guys again (with my perfect and even nuance English).

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
OK, sorry, English is not my first language. But I am sure you knew what I was trying to convey. Jobs presented his speech so smoothly that it all "sounded "spontaneous" in the essence of his speech. It is very natural to rehearse the proceeding of speech before, but I still insist that most, if not all, of his speech at least sounded "spontaneous". Take a look at his presentation at unveiling of the 1st iPhone.

OK, I need to take a few years sabbatical from this forum while polishing my English....
I do not want to spread false info., of course not, lol

So long and see you guys again (with my perfect and even nuance English).

The word you are looking for is rehearsed.

It’s iOS day, download and enjoy

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro