Which iPhone model would you get (13 or 13 Pro) if you were in my shoes?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Mind you, I have an iPhone 11 Pro and the only reason I got the Pro when I did was because I wanted the OLED screen but since all models come with the OLED screen now that's kind of a moot point.

I'm not really a photographer. I may snap a few pictures every so often. Do I really need that third camera? Do I really need that 4x optical zoom? Or can I get away with just the 2x optical zoom?

The price difference is going to be about $10 more per month.

If you're in my shoes, which model would you get?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
13 Regular or 13 Pro?

Any particular reason why?

The additional RAM and the better camera. The camera on my iPhone 12 Pro takes phenomenal photos. In fact, I’ve taken more photos with it than I have with any other iPhone I’ve ever owned.

Last edited:

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: 13 Regular or 13 Pro?

So if given the choice between the 13 regular vs the 13 Pro, you'd get the Pro? Interesting.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

When I was deciding on my new iPhone this time last year, I really spent a lot of time weighing the pros and cons of getting an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro. I knew that the 12 was a fantastic phone with a good camera. But I love taking tons of photos, so in the end, I went with the Pro. Now mind you, I did pass on the Pro Max, which had even a better camera. I viewed this decision as a sort of compromise... I was coming from an 8 Plus so the larger size didn't really bother me. I was used to it! I am very happy with my choice. Choosing phones is such a personal decision, and while I can't really tell you what would be best for you, I would suggest that you're used to a Pro. Consider that when you're deciding. Would you have been happier with an iPhone 11? Good luck, and keep us posted on what you decide!

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site

Hands down the Pro with all the extra features especially if you are keeping it for a few years .

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

I've had the 11 Pro for two years and I see myself keeping the 13 for just as long. I'm a every other year kind of person when it comes to upgrades.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I've had the 11 Pro for two years and I see myself keeping the 13 for just as long. I'm a every other year kind of person when it comes to upgrades.

Me too. Whilst the 13 will be great, the 13 Pro will just be better. I upgrade every two years too and I feel that the non pro 13 is a step down from my 11 Pro Max, even if it actually isn't in real terms.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

Me too. Whilst the 13 will be great, the 13 Pro will just be better. I upgrade every two years too and I feel that the non pro 13 is a step down from my 11 Pro Max, even if it actually isn't in real terms.
In my case it'd be the same size so there's no difference.

Would you have been happier with an iPhone 11?
Back then it was a no brainer, LCD or OLED. Duh. But this time the difference is not that big.

I really don't take a lot of photos, so the extra camera isn't that big of a deal to me. The more I think about it the more I think that the 13 regular will be good enough.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Back then it was a no brainer, LCD or OLED. Duh. But this time the difference is not that big.

I really don't take a lot of photos, so the extra camera isn't that big of a deal to me. The more I think about it the more I think that the 13 regular will be good enough.

Awesome! Trusting one's instincts is always wise! And either way, you can't lose! I'll look forward to reading your thoughts once you have the new iPhone 13 in hand!

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

The biggest reason for me to upgrade to the 13 is because the 13 has the Qualcomm modem chip and the 11 has the Intel chip. While the Intel supplied chip in the 11 is OK, it handles low-signal situations quite badly whereas Qualcomm modem chips are generally seen as the best modem chips in the industry. 5G is just the icing on the cake.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

iPhone 13 in Midnight. I've qualified for the Apple Upgrade Program's 0% financing option and my pre-Pre-Order is in. Now I hope that I can choose in-store pickup since I just don't like the idea of something that expensive being delivered to my house. I have an Apple Store across town that's easy to get to.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Absolutely. As Annie said, your gut feeling is important. If the larger camera isn't a deal breaker, then the normal 13 will be perfect for you.

For me, whilst I really want the smaller 13 Pro, I just KNOW that I will regret not getting the Pro Max once I see it, so i'm getting the Pro Max. I know how my gut feeling has worked for me in this situation before. I've always had the larger version of the iPhone, but moved down to the normal X and regretted not getting the larger one for the year I had it.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

Mind you, I have an iPhone 11 Pro and the only reason I got the Pro when I did was because I wanted the OLED screen but since all models come with the OLED screen now that's kind of a moot point.

I'm not really a photographer. I may snap a few pictures every so often. Do I really need that third camera? Do I really need that 4x optical zoom? Or can I get away with just the 2x optical zoom?

The price difference is going to be about $10 more per month.

If you're in my shoes, which model would you get?

I mean, if it's only $10/mo price difference, don't get a Starbuck's coffee for a couple of days and it'll be fine. :) I'd get the Pro for the versatility.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR