Who’s getting the iPhone 13 / 13 Pro / 13 Pro Max?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How is the phone compared to iPhone 12?

Very similar with the exception of the updated camera and bump in speed. Like I’ve stated numerous times, I didn’t need the new iPhone at all. I simply wanted it and therefore I got it…(Laughing).

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
There are some people who feel the iPhone 13 models are not worth upgrading from their current smartphone and that’s their prerogative.

Having said that, I’m sure a good deal of people, especially those who have older devices, are interested in getting one of the new iPhone models. Are you considering purchasing or have you made up your mind to purchase an iPhone 13 model?

Bought the 13 pro max a couple of weeks ago unlocked, but I’m still sticking with AT&T. Upgraded from a XS MAX that I had for a couple of years. The ounce difference in weight is noticeable but I’m getting used to it. Other than that I bought it for the screen size. Don’t really care about that cameras.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Bought the 13 pro max a couple of weeks ago unlocked, but I’m still sticking with AT&T. Upgraded from a XS MAX that I had for a couple of years. The ounce difference in weight is noticeable but I’m getting used to it. Other than that I bought it for the screen size. Don’t really care about that cameras.

For a long time, I didn’t care for the camera on the iPhone or any smartphone because I knew I could always rely on my Nikon D90 DSLR. With that being said, all of that changed when I got my iPhone 12 Pro. The image quality blew me away and that quality has carried over to the iPhone 13 Pro.

As for your new iPhone 13 Pro Max, congratulations on getting it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Played with the 13Pro and 13ProMax at Best Buy today, yes the 13Pro is slightly bigger than the X I have which is good...the ProMax is just a little too big, while I have big hands its definitely a 2 hander. The display is definitely a step up, really leaning to pulling the trigger...got a new job, said they'd get me a 13Pro so gonna wait if that's actually true otherwise ill just get it as my personal. I do like the feel of the flat sides vs the rounded ones on the X.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Played with the 13Pro and 13ProMax at Best Buy today, yes the 13Pro is slightly bigger than the X I have which is good...the ProMax is just a little too big, while I have big hands its definitely a 2 hander. The display is definitely a step up, really leaning to pulling the trigger...got a new job, said they'd get me a 13Pro so gonna wait if that's actually true otherwise ill just get it as my personal. I do like the feel of the flat sides vs the rounded ones on the X.

Awesome!!! Keep us posted when you get it!

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine made progress after I had to call my bank this morning and resubmit my payment because it exceeded the amount. how long does it normally take before it ships?IMG_2235.JPG

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Transfer your data from google to iCloud and enjoy the added privacy.
First of all, FUD isn't cute.

Secondly, Apple's services are a downgrade from third parties...

Microsoft and Google have better PIM services.
Microsoft has better productivity services.
If you read eBooks, then Kindle is king (you can't find tons stuff on there in Apple's book store).
Outside of a few series, Prime and Netflix curb stomp Apple TV+.
Google Maps vs. Apple Maps
OneNote vs. Apple Notes
To-Do vs. Reminders

The iCloud website is also slow, so if you use PCs that run anything other than macOS, you're going to be forgoing native apps to access web apps that perform far worse than Google's - never mind Microsoft Office, etc.

iCloud is great for Synching Photos and Videos, and backups. I tried moving my personal productivity stuff to iCloud and I had tons of issues with iWorks documents being reverted back a week, etc. when moving between devices. It wasn't reliable at all. I've never experienced anything like this with Microsoft Office.

I only use it for Photo/Video Sync because 3rd party services for that on iOS do not work very well (get cut off causing failed syncs when running in the background for an extended period of time).

Even when I had an iMac, I used primarily Microsoft services, with a little of Google and Amazon (for eBooks and AudioBooks - cause I prefer that stuff to be portable).

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
First of all, FUD isn't cute.

Secondly, Apple's services are a downgrade from third parties...

Microsoft and Google have better PIM services.
Microsoft has better productivity services.
If you read eBooks, then Kindle is king (you can't find tons stuff on there in Apple's book store).
Google Maps vs. Apple Maps
OneNote vs. Apple Notes
To-Do vs. Reminders

The iCloud website is also slow, so if you use PCs that run anything other than macOS, you're going to be forgoing native apps to access web apps that perform far worse than Google's - never mind Microsoft Office, etc.

iCloud is great for Synching Photos and Videos, and backups. I tried moving my personal productivity stuff to iCloud and I had tons of issues with iWorks documents being reverted back a week, etc. when moving between devices. It wasn't reliable at all. I've never experienced anything like this with Microsoft Office.

I only use it for Photo/Video Sync because 3rd party services for that on iOS do not work very well (get cut off causing failed syncs when running in the background for an extended period of time).

Even when I had an iMac, I used primarily Microsoft services, with a little of Google and Amazon (for eBooks and AudioBooks - cause I prefer that stuff to be portable).

That’s your experience and not mine or many others.

Regarding privacy, iCloud offering privacy compared to google is certainly not fud. Trying to claim google offers anyone that uses their services any privacy is however complete nonsense.

No idea what iCloud has to do with Netflix prime or any other services you mentioned.

Google and privacy
giphy.gif

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Good lord, you're not locked out of third party services if you also subscribe to TV+. There is no one service that is perfect, honestly.

The rest of your list are just opinions really. I use both Google Maps and Apple Maps and have found that they are functionally equal, at least where I live. Sometimes Google is better, sometimes Apple is, but I can use either without issue. I have no PIM issues with iCloud at all for contacts and calendars and reminders, and did, in fact, transfer from Google a couple of years ago. Contacts sync to iOS from iCloud is frankly better because it brings over contact groups; Google contacts sync for some reason does not (unless something changed in the last couple of years). I played around with OneNote and gave up because it was not syncing data properly - I don't have that problem with Apple Notes. I'd use another third party app before I would use OneNote. I keep trying to move from DropBox to OneDrive, but iOS syncing isn't great - I have a folder that changes contents frequently, and OneDrive is always off for that folder. I test this every year when my DropBox subscription comes up for renewal, since I have OneDrive anyway with Office365. Word I use mostly because I need to share documents with others; if I need to create a quick document where presentation matters, I'll start with Pages. I use Numbers for some things for the same reason.

Anyway, you present your list as if they are universal facts, but they are really your opinions. You're entitled to them, but that doesn't make them facts.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Good lord, you're not locked out of third party services if you also subscribe to TV+. There is no one service that is perfect, honestly.

The rest of your list is just your opinion. I use both Google Maps and Apple Maps and have found that they are functionally equal, at least where I live. Sometimes Google is better, sometimes Apple is, but I can use either without issue. I have no PIM issues with iCloud at all for contacts and calendars and reminders, and did, in fact, transfer from Google a couple of years ago. Contacts sync to iOS from iCloud is frankly better because it brings over contact groups; Google contacts sync for some reason does not (unless something changed in the last couple of years). I played around with OneNote and gave up because it was not syncing data properly - I don't have that problem with Apple Notes. I'd use another third party app before I would use OneNote. I keep trying to move from DropBox to OneDrive, but iOS syncing isn't great - I have a folder that changes contents frequently, and OneDrive is always off for that folder. I test this every year when my DropBox subscription comes up for renewal, since I have OneDrive anyway with Office365. Word I use mostly because I need to share documents with others; if I need to create a quick document where presentation matters, I'll start with Pages. I use Numbers for some things for the same reason.

Anyway, you present your list as if they are universal facts, but they are really your opinions. You're entitled to them, but that doesn't make them facts.

I agree! We all have our opinions, and we have the right to disagree! Opinions are not facts. Opinions lead us to make choices. My choices are subscriptions to Hulu, Netflix, Prime, and Apple TV+. All work well with each other. Updates to Apple Maps have improved it greatly, and I use it exclusively. I will agree that at one time Google Maps was superior, but now that Apple is updating Apple Maps on a regular basis, I have uninstalled Google Maps. I really don't appreciate Google knowing where I go!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
FWIW, I saw the Sierra Blue in person at the local Apple Store last week, and it's GORGEOUS!!! As is the blue iPhone 13!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73