Who’s getting the iPhone 13 / 13 Pro / 13 Pro Max?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Since when did they start including a SIM ejection tool in the box? I thought they only sent those with unlocked phones from Apple?

Both my carrier purchased iPhone 4 and 5 had a SIM eject tool. All my phones after that were unlocked devices from Apple.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Went to the Apple store at 0730 with my wife and daughter. They opened at 0800. Made an appointment in a short line to come back and pick our 13 Pro’s at 1230. Pretty smooth process considering the large crowd. I upgraded from an 11 Pro, the ladies from 11’s. All were 64gb. My wife got the Sierra Blue. My daughter and I got the Graphite. All 128gb. We are really happy with them.

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Went into the Apple Store an hour before store open and was able to reserve the Sierra Blue iPhone 13 Pro Max in 512GB! I get to pick it up in an hour and I’m excited!

BTW, there were only two people waiting in line. Gone are the days of waiting in the line at the store.

Not at the Apple store in the Woodlands Texas. I was on line for 2 hours. It was one of the longest lines I’ve seen to date. Even their Wi-Fi crashed several times with so many people using it.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I’m a little out of the loop here, but wasn’t it that you had to have your phone unlocked before being able to add an eSIM line?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Picked up my 256GB silver 13 Pro this morning….still haven’t opened it, it’s been a busy day lol

LOL I unboxed mine just after lunch when it arrived, but didn't actually get around to turning it on until around 8pm tonight.

First time I've tried the "transfer from another phone" for real where you scan the circle of blue swirling dots and it transfers everything. Usually I manually log in long enough to update iOS if it needs it then reset it and restore a secure local backup from my PC. It definitely seems like the direct phone to phone bluetooth transfer is the same thing as I only had to log into a few things just like a secure backup restore. Seems like my days of dealing with secure backup restores are over.

Well, actually technically my iPad Air back in January was my first use of that direct transfer, but I have far less "critical" apps on that. For example my phone is the device that I run Microsoft Authenticator on with a whole bunch of other non MS accounts added. I was a little worried about breaking that and having to go dig out restore codes for a number of accounts to fix them all.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
LOL I unboxed mine just after lunch when it arrived, but didn't actually get around to turning it on until around 8pm tonight.

First time I've tried the "transfer from another phone" for real where you scan the circle of blue swirling dots and it transfers everything. Usually I manually log in long enough to update iOS if it needs it then reset it and restore a secure local backup from my PC. It definitely seems like the direct phone to phone bluetooth transfer is the same thing as I only had to log into a few things just like a secure backup restore. Seems like my days of dealing with secure backup restores are over.

Well, actually technically my iPad Air back in January was my first use of that direct transfer, but I have far less "critical" apps on that. For example my phone is the device that I run Microsoft Authenticator on with a whole bunch of other non MS accounts added. I was a little worried about breaking that and having to go dig out restore codes for a number of accounts to fix them all.

It’s finally unboxed, but still not setup LOL…maybe tomorrow! I’m just glad I have it. I’ll take my time setting it up.

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Got it yesterday. FedEx just left it on my doorstep, had to rush home and throw inside and head back to work. Got off and was just happy my baby is here . Finally this morning I’m ready to unbox, slap a screen protector on it and case and then power on so I can set it up

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Had a realization this morning which is really throwing me off lol. I went with the non Max Pro because I felt my 11 Max was a little too big and that my work 11 was a perfect physical size. Since the screen size was the same I assumed the 13 was the same minus the rounded edges.

Apparently that’s not the case. Physically it’s the same size as my wife’s 11 Pro with the 5.8” screen. For whatever reason it doesn’t feel that small though. Maybe it’s the fitting a slightly larger screen in the same space

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Had a realization this morning which is really throwing me off lol. I went with the non Max Pro because I felt my 11 Max was a little too big and that my work 11 was a perfect physical size. Since the screen size was the same I assumed the 13 was the same minus the rounded edges.

Apparently that’s not the case. Physically it’s the same size as my wife’s 11 Pro with the 5.8” screen. For whatever reason it doesn’t feel that small though. Maybe it’s the fitting a slightly larger screen in the same space

My wife and daughter came from the 11 and said the same. Felt smaller to them. They got used to it quickly though.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
My wife and daughter came from the 11 and said the same. Felt smaller to them. They got used to it quickly though.

Yeah it was really surprising since the screen size is the same as the 11 so I wasn’t expecting that the overall size would be that of the older 5.8” models.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Made my decision to buy the iPhone 13 Pro Max Sierra blue with 512 GB but I have to wait till Oct 28 for it to ship

So the wait begins

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Hey so I got a bit nuts today and broke out the measuring tape. Turns out, while the phone is physically smaller than the 11, same size as the 11 Pro roughly (like 2mm taller) the screen on the two really are the exact same dimensions. So I'm cool with that. I double checked the 13 Max vs the 11 Max and the 11 and the 13 Pro Max definitely would have been big still. It's only marginally smaller than the 11 Pro Max