Who’s getting the iPhone 13 / 13 Pro / 13 Pro Max?

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
You mentioned that you use a slim bumper, can you tell me where you found a slim bumper case for the iPhone 12? I have always loved the bumper cases since the iPhone 4 days, but I haven't been able to find a suitable bumper...thank you!

ESR have this one:

ESR Silicone Bumper Case Compatible with iPhone 12/12 Pro, Raised Edge Protection, MagSafe Compatible, Enhanced Heat Dissipation, Lightweight Protective Frame, Cloud Series, Blue https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08W25HFNB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_1MN2TQ6A13080RG68PRB?psc=1

Or this one:

Slim Metal Bumper Case Compatible with iPhone 12 12 Pro, Metal Bumper Cover with Soft TPU Inner [No Signal Interference][Support Wireless Charging] Compatible for iPhone 12 12 Pro, Blue https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08MKZPRR3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_RAN91TE7X8G2BB3TC2E8?psc=1

Or this one:

K TOMOTO Compatible with iPhone 12/12 Pro Bumper Case (6.1 Inch), Soft Liquid Silicone Gel Rubber Bumper Cover [Silky Smooth Grip] Slim Design Protective Bumper-Frame-Case, Blue https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08QHX95HM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_BPZ80GG0SXH6J5HEN5WH?psc=1

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
Rhinoshield is still making bumpers. RhinoShield CrashGuard NX iPhone 12 Case - Frame + Rim + Buttons - Black|RhinoShield I used one on my 7 Plus for a while and it was nice. With their new design I'd recommend getting extra button replacements for it though. Not sure if they've improved the quality but when I bought one of their newer designs for my X that had the customizable different button colors, they make them by laminating the colored plastic on the rubbery material that makes contact with the phone buttons and 2/3 buttons this plastic piece fell off after a few months. I was disappointed by that and moved on to other cases since. (was going to cost the same in shipping as the actual buttons to buy some new ones separate from buying with a case)

I used the Rhinoshield Crash Guard bumper for a month and returned it. The bumper started getting scratches on the side even though it was always put into the same pocket with nothing else. It was super bulky compared to the slim bumper I’m using now.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Comically, if you had asked me yesterday, my response would have been “no, I’m perfectly happy with my iPhone X.” This morning, I noticed for the first time that my screen is about to fall off. The case is holding it on. :rotfl:

So, I have pre-ordered a 13 Pro and will be completing the order tomorrow morning. We’re leaving the country next Saturday, so needless to say I’d really like to be lucky enough to get a delivery next Friday! Wish me luck!

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Pre Pre ordered 13 Pro Max 1TB. Never done this before but it looks like all I have to do is click buy as my CC info is all saved and all steps are covered.

They are expecting high demand and low supply, as usual first come first served.
I thought the 12 Pro Max would run out fast last November but it took a few hours before ship dates started slipping and in store availability was limited.
In actuality it was the easiest to get.

Is anyone doing pickup at the store? Last year I decided to have it delivered and same this year. The lines pre-covid were long enough but now with the six foot rule...no way! I usually pick up at Christiana (Delaware) so there's no tax but not having the hassle of the lines and the hour trip there and back is worth the $100.

Then it's playing that wait for the FedEx driver game but that's simple here as they are authorized to drop off regardless of signature required status due to security here.

There's nothing more frustrating than missing a delivery and having to play the game of picking it up if you can. And since it's on a Friday waiting until Monday is even worse.

And too, I was planning on getting the 512GB model but (of course) the new video modes which can gobble up to 4GB per MINUTE means that 1TB is more of a necessity than luxury. I just wish they put USB-C on it instead of lightning. USB 2.0 in 2021 is pretty bad with a device with 100s of GB of files. :(

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone doing pickup at the store? Last year I decided to have it delivered and same this year. The lines pre-covid were long enough but now with the six foot rule...no way! I usually pick up at Christiana (Delaware) so there's no tax but not having the hassle of the lines and the hour trip there and back is worth the $100.

Then it's playing that wait for the FedEx driver game but that's simple here as they are authorized to drop off regardless of signature required status due to security here.

There's nothing more frustrating than missing a delivery and having to play the game of picking it up if you can. And since it's on a Friday waiting until Monday is even worse.

Nope I'll be doing delivery. I've only picked up in person twice. Once for my 6s when I first joined the Apple side, and once for my 7+ as I did the 6s on the Upgrade Program and the first year of new devices for that was the 7's and it was poorly set up. You HAD to pick up in store that year if you were on the Upgrade Program. I've been working from home since March 2020 due to Covid so I have zero worries about missing the delivery driver either :D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Comically, if you had asked me yesterday, my response would have been “no, I’m perfectly happy with my iPhone X.” This morning, I noticed for the first time that my screen is about to fall off. The case is holding it on. :rotfl:

So, I have pre-ordered a 13 Pro and will be completing the order tomorrow morning. We’re leaving the country next Saturday, so needless to say I’d really like to be lucky enough to get a delivery next Friday! Wish me luck!

Go ahead and admit you purposely caused the screen to come apart so you can feel good about ordering an iPhone 13…. ;)

Last edited:

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
1TB and the 120hz display was enough for me to upgrade to the 13 Pro Max.

What’s everyone’s ETA on delivery? Mine said Oct6-Oct11.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Which model and color did you order, if you don’t mind me asking?

Still hoping one day for a nice matte black option lol but I ordered the graphite pro max. I was debating on the 512 storage, but went with 256. I’m slowly running out of space, but I think I’ll wait till there’s a significant cosmetic change till I do the higher storage space…. I do really like that pacific blue color though.. hmm

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm not getting the 13 because I haven't even had my 12Pro for a year yet. I always wrestle with the decision of whether or not to keep my old phone. In the end, I've always traded in my phone, because the trade-in values have been increasingly better. But there's definitely a part of me that wants to keep the older phone, who's always been a good friend, for "just in case"!

The struggle is real. Just to see, went into the Apple Store app to see. I can get $800 on trade for my 12 from Verizon to go to a 13 Pro. That’s awfully tempting.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Still hoping one day for a nice matte black option lol but I ordered the graphite pro max. I was debating on the 512 storage, but went with 256. I’m slowly running out of space, but I think I’ll wait till there’s a significant cosmetic change till I do the higher storage space…. I do really like that pacific blue color though.. hmm

Understood and thank you for the follow-up. :)

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Holding off for now. Only because I can’t select in store pickup at the moment. Because of my work schedule, it’s tough for me to schedule for home delivery. I may check again next week to see if I can get in store pickup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen