Who’s getting the iPhone 13 / 13 Pro / 13 Pro Max?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been blessed to be able to not pre-order but still find a new iPhone at a nearby Apple Store on launch day or the day after. Thankfully, there are 3 in the Orlando area and 3 an hour or so away in the Tampa area. Hopefully, you’ll be able to do the same.

tmx31415

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
dbec12eca0e520e7527d1a0ed69bd86b.jpg
Was able to order right at 8am in Detroit, delivering 9/24.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm passing.

I was really tempted by the ProRes recording, but I don't think that's at all practical considering how big those files are. The cloud isn't an option, so the first thing I looked for was to see if they switched to USB-C... Nope, still Lightning. Hard pass.

I'll probably keep the 11 Pro for another year and then upgrade to something else. It depends on what Apple does in the next iPhone/iOS 16.

Also, the iOS 15 update is quite thin this year, which typically means the better features next year will be exclusive so the new iPhone models ;-)

I can't use an iMac or MacBook due to Apple using PWM to manage display brightness. This gives me some serious tension headaches and migraines. Suffered for years before I realized my iMac was causing them, and had to get rid of it. The iPhone is too inconvenient to use with a PC, and while this is generally avoidable the use of ProRes for video acquisition will basically turn the phone back into another dongle... which requires a proprietary USB Cable, etc.

Just not an inconvenience I want to deal with.

I've probably used my 11 Pro a cumulative 20 hours or less since release, because I'm really over the inconvenience. I still use my Note 9 for 90% of things. I use my iPhone only for banking apps.

All this has taught me a valuable less regarding "how good are these upgrades, really?"

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Go ahead and admit you purpose caused the screen to come apart so you can feel good about ordering an iPhone 13…. ;)

LOL. I can say for sure I wouldn't have upgraded without the screen problem. But, I'm not unhappy. :)
BTW, I was lucky enough to complete my order the very instant Apple opened the order system. They're saying delivery next Friday. :biggrin:

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I thought I'd for sure be going for the Pixel 6 Pro from my Pixel 4 XL, but I'm tired of having a huge phone, and the iPhone Pros both have the same camera system unlike the Pixels, so I went for the iPhone 13 Pro 256gb in Sierra Blue this morning. Ordered when preorders when live on Verizon this morning and getting delivered next Friday.

The only iPhone I've had was the 6s Plus. I hope I don't still hate iOS so much and that the cameras are up to snuff. If it doesn't work, I'll just return it and get the Pixel 6 Pro.

sheba510

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I currently have a Samsung Note 20 on T-mobile with Jump on Demand. I really wanted to get a new Note, but Samsung has done away with the Note Series. So, I am seriously considering the iPhone 13 Pro Max with 256GB. I did buy an iPhone SE when that model first came out several years ago but never upgraded to another iPhone. I have two lines, my other line has a OnePlus 9 Pro on it, so I am not abandoning Android.

I ordered the 256GB 13 Pro Max in Sierra Blue through T-mobile.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Pretty amazing at the amount of folks here preordering the 1TB version of the 13 Pro Max.

Agreed, but some of them really need the additional storage space. Others plan to keep the iPhone 13 for a few years. I don’t keep enough stuff on my iPhone to even consider a 1 TB model.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
LOL. I can say for sure I wouldn't have upgraded without the screen problem. But, I'm not unhappy. :)
BTW, I was lucky enough to complete my order the very instant Apple opened the order system. They're saying delivery next Friday. :biggrin:

I hear and I’m glad you were able to get your order in without any problems. Please let us know your thoughts about it when it arrives, if you don’t mind.

gyounk

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
Ordered this morning at 7am my 13 pro max 512g Sierra blue beast! Getting it on release day next week the 24th. Soooooo excited.

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
Agreed, but some of them really need the additional storage space. Others plan to keep the iPhone 13 for a few years. I don’t keep enough stuff on my iPhone to even consider a 1 TB model.

Next year I’m going from 256GB to 512GB. With all of the new camera features it’ll be a must.

ScottsoNJ

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I mean with Apple giving me $790 rebate and T Mobile giving me $500 in monthly bill credits for me to purchase an iPhone 13 Pro Max and trade in my 12 Pro Max its kind of a no brainer

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal