It’s been a crazy year with all that’s happening in the world. I was surprised to see Apple is going through with the release of the iPhone 13.

The pre release talk seems to be more camera updates and processor which is too be expected. I did hear an rumor that they actually may lower the cost on the new model, but I will believe it when I see it.

I know it’s early to be posting about a future product, but I am curious to see how many folks are serious about getting a iPhone 13 with all that’s been going on in our crazy world.

For myself, it’s been a brutal year after loosing my identical twin brother Don in May to cardiac arrest and trying to adjust without him around.

But, I will probably get the new model and hopefully they have a pro version available. But with Apple being a secretive company, who knows for sure. Just thought I would get folks talking about it.
    06-23-2021 02:21 PM
    I've been following stories about the name of the next generation of iPhones. Some think it will be called iPhone 13, others think it will be called iPhone 12s. I've also read that many people feel that Apple should switch to the year... i.e. iPhone 2021.

It will be interesting to see what rumors come true, and what was never meant to be. And even though I'll be passing up on the next couple of generations of iPhone (since I just got a 12 Pro in January), I'll still be interested to see what Apple has up it's sleeve, and my guess is that whatever it is, it will sell well.
    bakron1, Lawns and aximtreo like this.
    06-23-2021 03:10 PM
    Next gen. iPhone may have touch ID in some form. That's all I care about. My automatic yearly upgrade cycle stopped when Apple switched to face ID back in X days. I am using iPhone SE (2020) which serves me very well.
    06-24-2021 12:24 PM
    Unless it’s something that wows me, I’ll more than likely stick with my iPhone 12 Pro. Besides, I tend to look forward to the operating system more than the hardware.
    taz323 and kataran like this.
    06-24-2021 01:33 PM
    It’s been a crazy year with all that’s happening in the world. I was surprised to see Apple is going through with the release of the iPhone 13.
    Why is that surprising?
    06-24-2021 02:46 PM
    Why is that surprising?
    Because a lot of manufacturers have pulled back or canceled products because of the COVID 19 issues. Now the issue in this country is getting people back to work when they have been getting the extra unemployment benefits that’s coming to an end in most states.

I know several business folks who are having a hard time to find folks who want to work and are dependable, going to get interesting now that things are ramping back up.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-24-2021 03:34 PM
    Next gen. iPhone may have touch ID in some form. That's all I care about. My automatic yearly upgrade cycle stopped when Apple switched to face ID back in X days. I am using iPhone SE (2020) which serves me very well.
    I have also been using my twin brothers iPhone SE2020 since he passed and to be truthful, I like the forum factor and for the most part, I does everything I need to do well.

While I do miss the bigger screen and 5G on my iPhone 12 Pro, I am adapting to the device quite nicely. I did notice there is no thread for the SE2020 model in the iPhone Hardware forums?
    06-24-2021 03:44 PM
    I’m not sure.
    Apple either has to wow me into buying it or my fomo must be paralyzing enough to get it.
    06-24-2021 04:47 PM
    Because a lot of manufacturers have pulled back or canceled products because of the COVID 19 issues. Now the issue in this country is getting people back to work when they have been getting the extra unemployment benefits that’s coming to an end in most states.

I know several business folks who are having a hard time to find folks who want to work and are dependable, going to get interesting now that things are ramping back up.
    I understand what you’re saying but I don’t find it surprising at all that Apple is most likely going to release a new iPhone again this year despite those factors. Seemed like things were much grimmer a year ago today and they still released 4 new iPhones in October.
    06-24-2021 05:38 PM
    I’m not sure.
    Apple either has to wow me into buying it or my fomo must be paralyzing enough to get it.
    Yeah, me too. Then I’ll pretend to stick to my guns on this and buy the new model anyway.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-24-2021 05:39 PM
    I’m not sure.
    Same
    06-24-2021 05:53 PM
    I'll get it for sure, just not going to be "wowed" by it. Hopefully we won't have to wait a long time to get one with the worldwide chip shortage.
    06-25-2021 09:30 AM
    I'll get it for sure, just not going to be "wowed" by it. Hopefully we won't have to wait a long time to get one with the worldwide chip shortage.
    I have noticed the chip shortage situation is improving weekly, now that manufactures are starting to ramp up production again, the chip shortage will come to pass.
    06-25-2021 05:32 PM
    It will be interesting to see what Apple actually announces in September!
    06-25-2021 08:28 PM
    I have also been using my twin brothers iPhone SE2020 since he passed and to be truthful, I like the forum factor and for the most part, I does everything I need to do well.

While I do miss the bigger screen and 5G on my iPhone 12 Pro, I am adapting to the device quite nicely. I did notice there is no thread for the SE2020 model in the iPhone Hardware forums?
    The Forum Administrators opted not to create a separate forum for the SE2020. All discussions about it can be found under the SE.
    06-25-2021 08:35 PM
    The Forum Administrators opted not to create a separate forum for the SE2020. All discussions about it can be found under the SE.
    That’s for the info.
    Annie_M likes this.
    06-26-2021 09:14 AM
    That’s for the info.
    Anytime!
    06-26-2021 09:21 AM
    I have noticed the chip shortage situation is improving weekly, now that manufactures are starting to ramp up production again, the chip shortage will come to pass.
    I hope you're right.

I noticed on Samsung's website, for example, that the S21 Ultra is still a few weeks out for delivery, at least for the 256GB and 512GB models, and that phone was released in January.
    bakron1 likes this.
    06-26-2021 10:23 AM
    Good day.
    I've never had an iphone I've had android since the Samsung Galaxy s vibrant. Im going to make the switch, not the roommate switch,lol.
    I'm wondering what would be the best option switch to iphone 12 or wait for iphone 13.
    08-03-2021 09:34 PM
    Good day.
    I've never had an iphone I've had android since the Samsung Galaxy s vibrant. Im going to make the switch, not the roommate switch,lol.
    I'm wondering what would be the best option switch to iPhone 12 or wait for iPhone 13.
    I would wait for the iPhone 13 as its so close now (next Month) unless money is a issue and great deals can be found now on previous devices also Welcome to iMore.
    08-04-2021 04:43 AM
    Good day.
    I'm wondering what would be the best option switch to iphone 12 or wait for iphone 13.
    Hello and welcome to iMore!!! All of the iPhone 12's are great phones, but since the release date for the iPhone 13 is just a few weeks away, I agree about waiting for the iPhone 13.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-04-2021 09:25 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore!!! All of the iPhone 12's are great phones, but since the release date for the iPhone 13 is just a few weeks away, I agree about waiting for the iPhone 13.
    Normally I upgrade every year - 18 months, but this year I’m not interested in any of the rumors I’ve been seeing regarding the iPhone 13. I’m happy with my launch day iPhone 12 Pro Max and the pacific blue color. The only thing that would get me to upgrade is if Apple come out with a Rose Gold Pro Max.
    08-04-2021 10:50 AM
    My sister is the same. Well kinda. She is reluctant to give up her home button which has touch ID. Me, I love the face unlock. It's so smoothe.
    Just_Me_D and aximtreo like this.
    08-09-2021 04:12 PM
    I was actually surprised on how many folks I know and talk to that don’t like giving up the home button. I like the gesture concept myself and I have adapted to using the home button again using my brothers SE2020.

I figure sooner or later Apple will eliminate the home button all together and folks will have to adapt to the gesture concept.

But, who knows for sure, as with everything Apple does, it’s wait and see what the next product launch will bring to the market and what they are willing to support as far as hardware goes.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-16-2021 07:38 PM
    I’m sure the iPhone 13 is going to be a great phone like all iPhones that get released in that year but I have my iPhone 12 Pro Max in pacific blue and will be having this phone for quite some time
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-12-2021 11:14 AM
39 12