iPhone 13?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
It’s been a crazy year with all that’s happening in the world. I was surprised to see Apple is going through with the release of the iPhone 13.

The pre release talk seems to be more camera updates and processor which is too be expected. I did hear an rumor that they actually may lower the cost on the new model, but I will believe it when I see it.

I know it’s early to be posting about a future product, but I am curious to see how many folks are serious about getting a iPhone 13 with all that’s been going on in our crazy world.

For myself, it’s been a brutal year after loosing my identical twin brother Don in May to cardiac arrest and trying to adjust without him around.

But, I will probably get the new model and hopefully they have a pro version available. But with Apple being a secretive company, who knows for sure. Just thought I would get folks talking about it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've been following stories about the name of the next generation of iPhones. Some think it will be called iPhone 13, others think it will be called iPhone 12s. I've also read that many people feel that Apple should switch to the year... i.e. iPhone 2021.

It will be interesting to see what rumors come true, and what was never meant to be. And even though I'll be passing up on the next couple of generations of iPhone (since I just got a 12 Pro in January), I'll still be interested to see what Apple has up it's sleeve, and my guess is that whatever it is, it will sell well.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Next gen. iPhone may have touch ID in some form. That's all I care about. My automatic yearly upgrade cycle stopped when Apple switched to face ID back in X days. I am using iPhone SE (2020) which serves me very well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless it’s something that wows me, I’ll more than likely stick with my iPhone 12 Pro. Besides, I tend to look forward to the operating system more than the hardware.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Why is that surprising?

Because a lot of manufacturers have pulled back or canceled products because of the COVID 19 issues. Now the issue in this country is getting people back to work when they have been getting the extra unemployment benefits that’s coming to an end in most states.

I know several business folks who are having a hard time to find folks who want to work and are dependable, going to get interesting now that things are ramping back up.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Next gen. iPhone may have touch ID in some form. That's all I care about. My automatic yearly upgrade cycle stopped when Apple switched to face ID back in X days. I am using iPhone SE (2020) which serves me very well.

I have also been using my twin brothers iPhone SE2020 since he passed and to be truthful, I like the forum factor and for the most part, I does everything I need to do well.

While I do miss the bigger screen and 5G on my iPhone 12 Pro, I am adapting to the device quite nicely. I did notice there is no thread for the SE2020 model in the iPhone Hardware forums?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Because a lot of manufacturers have pulled back or canceled products because of the COVID 19 issues. Now the issue in this country is getting people back to work when they have been getting the extra unemployment benefits that’s coming to an end in most states.

I know several business folks who are having a hard time to find folks who want to work and are dependable, going to get interesting now that things are ramping back up.

I understand what you’re saying but I don’t find it surprising at all that Apple is most likely going to release a new iPhone again this year despite those factors. Seemed like things were much grimmer a year ago today and they still released 4 new iPhones in October.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I'll get it for sure, just not going to be "wowed" by it. Hopefully we won't have to wait a long time to get one with the worldwide chip shortage.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I'll get it for sure, just not going to be "wowed" by it. Hopefully we won't have to wait a long time to get one with the worldwide chip shortage.

I have noticed the chip shortage situation is improving weekly, now that manufactures are starting to ramp up production again, the chip shortage will come to pass.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have also been using my twin brothers iPhone SE2020 since he passed and to be truthful, I like the forum factor and for the most part, I does everything I need to do well.

While I do miss the bigger screen and 5G on my iPhone 12 Pro, I am adapting to the device quite nicely. I did notice there is no thread for the SE2020 model in the iPhone Hardware forums?

The Forum Administrators opted not to create a separate forum for the SE2020. All discussions about it can be found under the SE.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I have noticed the chip shortage situation is improving weekly, now that manufactures are starting to ramp up production again, the chip shortage will come to pass.

I hope you're right.

I noticed on Samsung's website, for example, that the S21 Ultra is still a few weeks out for delivery, at least for the 256GB and 512GB models, and that phone was released in January.

lever2000

Aug 4, 2021
Visit site
Good day.
I've never had an iphone I've had android since the Samsung Galaxy s vibrant. Im going to make the switch, not the roommate switch,lol.
I'm wondering what would be the best option switch to iphone 12 or wait for iphone 13.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Good day.
I've never had an iphone I've had android since the Samsung Galaxy s vibrant. Im going to make the switch, not the roommate switch,lol.
I'm wondering what would be the best option switch to iPhone 12 or wait for iPhone 13.

I would wait for the iPhone 13 as its so close now (next Month) unless money is a issue and great deals can be found now on previous devices also Welcome to iMore.