I have a Usb c to lighting cable & I can not connect to iTunes/laptop usb c in on laptop and lighting to phone

Any one else have this problem as trying update my phone but can not connect to pc it will charge that is all
    05-17-2022 08:54 AM
    I have seen that there are different types of USB-C cables. Some will charge only, some will update data only. And of course, there are some that will do both. I first noticed this when I was shopping for them on Amazon. And I was glad that I paid attention. This was also discussed on this past Friday's episode of the iMore show. You might want to check that out for further clarification.
    kataran likes this.
    05-17-2022 09:41 AM
    I have seen that there are different types of USB-C cables. Some will charge only, some will update data only. And of course, there are some that will do both. I first noticed this when I was shopping for them on Amazon. And I was glad that I paid attention. This was also discussed on this past Friday's episode of the iMore show. You might want to check that out for further clarification.
    It works for like a second it connects then dose it connect again I got the official apple usb c to lightning
    06-08-2022 07:46 AM
    I'm wondering if your cable is bad. I just had that happen to one of mine. It might be worth trying another cable to rule that out.
    06-08-2022 08:37 AM