Has anyone experienced their iPhone not having cellular activity?

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
My daughter’s iPhone 12 has no cellular connectivity. Works fine on wifi. I tried hard reboot. Tried removing and reinserting SIM card. None of those worked.

In Settings>Cellular shows Error.

It was working fine and all of a sudden out of no where this started happening.

Anybody else experienced this? If so, what fixed it? Thanks.

d149b2585d40fa881a28ce4f01b5e862.jpg

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Re: No Cellular

If you performed a reboot, plus removed/visually checked for lint etc/put the Sim back in but this didn’t fix it, I’d call the carrier asap. If you’re paying AT&T then it is on them to make their SIM card work. A smartphone is a handheld Wi-Fi device without the Sim. And the Sim is a Carrier device, it’s what makes a phone part of and capable of using a cellular network.
But it definitely wouldn’t hurt to check out the applicable Apple Support document:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415

I see AT&T which, I’m pretty sure-ish, you can (same size) put into another iPhone that is unlocked or locked to AT&T. If you have such a device nearby and can test this, and get the same results, the Sim is bad or the carrier has some issue with the Account. But I’d stick to calling the carrier support.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Two other things you could try:
1. Make sure that cellular settings list 4G (sometimes called LTE) as enabled
2. Try resetting Network Settings, in General, Reset. This will erase all network settings (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Cellula) and start them back from defaults.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

One other thought... have you looked to see if there is an update to your Carrier Settings? My husband once had an issue where he had no cellular, and we checked to see if there was an update available and there was. That fixed his issue.

Here's how

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

In the Cellular Settings, please make sure the appropriate cellular plan is enabled.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes you can toggle Airplane mode off and back on and a quick thing to try. Though if you've done the other suggestions in this thread, I doubt that will clear it.

You'll likely need to work with your carrier.

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Been meaning to update post with findings. So pretty much the iPhone was faulty. First I dealt with ATT support. Determined the problem was not with the carrier. SIM card worked on another iPhone. Then dealt with Apple support.

They had me try updating/restoring the iPhone via iTunes connected to computer. That didn’t work. Ended up taking the iPhone to Apple Store. They tried doing just about the same to no avail. They replaced the iPhone. Replacement should be arriving in the mail next week.

Thanks to all who replied.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Been meaning to update post with findings. So pretty much the iPhone was faulty. First I dealt with ATT support. Determined the problem was not with the carrier. SIM card worked on another iPhone. Then dealt with Apple support.

They had me try updating/restoring the iPhone via iTunes connected to computer. That didn’t work. Ended up taking the iPhone to Apple Store. They tried doing just about the same to no avail. They replaced the iPhone. Replacement should be arriving in the mail next week.

Thanks to all who replied.

On behalf of those who replied, you’re very welcome and thank you for the update. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox