TYPO'S ON iPhone 12 PRO MAX!

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
im not sure if this is a hardware issue or a software issue. so I have had my iPhone 12 Pro max for a year and a half now. although I love the phone for what it is. its really frustrating now for when I am txting or messaging on the phone. the reason being is cause I feel like I am always making typing errors on the phone or the phone is always auto correcting stuff that doesn't need to me corrected but not correcting stuff when I am typing it wrong.i always thought having a bigger phone would make it easier to type but I feel like I am making more errors then when I had the phone x or even older model phones with smaller screens. is anyone else noticing these issues or os it just me? just want other people opinion on this

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your frustration is shared by many. The autocorrect feature is both a plus and a minus in my opinion.

Having said that, when I restore my iPhone and then set it up as new, I tend to have more typos. It didn’t matter if were using a max size iPhone or not. Have you recently reset your iPhone?

Thankfully, the device learns your typing habits and therefore your typos should decrease over time.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
the reason being is cause I feel like I am always making typing errors on the phone or the phone is always auto correcting stuff that doesn't need to me corrected but not correcting stuff when I am typing it wrong.

This has been an issue with iOS and its autocorrecting as time has gone on. I can type out a perfect sentence and it will still autocorrect words to something off the cuff. I've fiddled around with dictionaries on the phone and it has helped a bit. But it really sucks in general.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Your frustration is shared by many. The autocorrect feature is both a plus and a minus in my opinion.

Having said that, when I restore my iPhone and then set it up as new, I tend to have more typos. It didn’t matter if were using a max size iPhone or not. Have you recently reset your iPhone?

Thankfully, the device learns your typing habits and therefore your typos should decrease over time.

I have many times and done everything I can but as more iOS updates come I feel like this typing issue is just getting worse

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It can be annoying! You might consider submitting feedback to Apple… the more reports the get will hopefully get them to fix it!

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
OP did you try swiping?
I'm coming from the Blackberry world and 20+ years of typing on physical keyboards. Typing on glass and autocorrect still drives me mad, after quite some time 'exercising' on iPhones.
Actually, I still can't 'type' on the iPhone (nor on Androids) without going insane. So I began to swipe instead, and that works a little better for me. I also feel like autocorrect performs better than with typing, apparently it's easier to get closer to the right keys with swiping. It also works better, the larger the screen is.
I'm still longing for a Blackberry keyboard, but swiping made it a little less cumbersome for me to no longer having one.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Try a different but credible keyboard app.

I use Swiftkey and allow it in our enterprise for Microsoft's privacy and Office 365. I like the row of numeric keys, it's swipe function and speed with good accuracy. Of course there are others.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Try a different but credible keyboard app.

I use Swiftkey and allow it in our enterprise for Microsoft's privacy and Office 365. I like the row of numeric keys, it's swipe function and speed with good accuracy. Of course there are others.

I also use SwiftKey and abandoned the Apple keyboard years ago. In my opinion the Autocorrect on SwiftKey is and has been much better than Apple keyboard over the years.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I also use SwiftKey and abandoned the Apple keyboard years ago. In my opinion the Autocorrect on SwiftKey is and has been much better than Apple keyboard over the years.

How good it is might be preaching to the choir. After finding it good with Android and Apple, our security and compliance consulting firm listed it as allowed. That row of numbers is darn handy.

A lot of people don't know how much Microsoft is changed these days. Their mobile and cloud stuff is good with a lot of data to support that. A long ago work associate who works for Microsoft jokes along the lines of "we need to use the stuff too" or "we don't like crappy stuff".

The other features are Swift key are great too.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
How good it is might be preaching to the choir. After finding it good with Android and Apple, our security and compliance consulting firm listed it as allowed. That row of numbers is darn handy.

A lot of people don't know how much Microsoft is changed these days. Their mobile and cloud stuff is good with a lot of data to support that. A long ago work associate who works for Microsoft jokes along the lines of "we need to use the stuff too" or "we don't like crappy stuff".

The other features are Swift key are great too.

I totally agree, not to mention several different styles and colors of keyboards available.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Can't use Swiftkey, as it doesn't show special characters. Need to tap & hold a char then select the special version from a popup. Cumbersome.
I need special characters for my native language. Apple's standard keyboard does show them.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by special characters .
dad358cac5f3278d09d560189fe8f940.jpg

98debb739f6a21dd6088f20fc3f1e206.jpg

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Can't use Swiftkey, as it doesn't show special characters. Need to tap & hold a char then select the special version from a popup. Cumbersome.
I need special characters for my native language. Apple's standard keyboard does show them.

Choose what you like but Swiftkey has a really big library of language support and it's why some I know love it. You might not have to do the long press, and it will remember what you do often in auto-correct.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0079.jpeg
1st Apple, 2nd Swiftkey. Just so you know what I'm talking about.
No option to display these special characters on Swiftkey.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711