Mail in trash folder will not delete?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Posting this problem here, because it involves my 12 pro max. Since the 15.0.1 update, and now the 15.0.2, when i delete all emails from trash(most of them were from my icloud account), they all reappear the next morning back in my trash. For what it's worth, the mail app on my macbook pro does delete them, just not the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Trying going to Settings → Mail → Accounts → iCloud → iCloud and then scroll to the bottom to select “Mail” and then “Advanced”.

Under the “Deleted Messages” heading, you should see “Remove”. Check to see if it is set to “Never”. If it is, select a different option.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Followed your directions, and the "remove" setting was set to one week, so i changed it to one day. Let's see what happens when i delete my emails tonight. Thanks for the help.:)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Getting msg at the bottom of the mail page...connection to router failed. This only happens with my iCloud account, not my Outlook account. Tried rebooting the router but that didn't work. Would it be safe to delete my iCloud account, and then start it up again?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The way iCloud is set up within the phone, the mail in trash is saved on the server for a minimum of one day. That’s why it’s still there the next morning. This only happens with iCloud account because that’s the way Apple wants it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The way iCloud is set up within the phone, the mail in trash is saved on the server for a minimum of one day. That’s why it’s still there the next morning. This only happens with iCloud account because that’s the way Apple wants it.

I suppose it’s an additional level of safety for people who deletes an email and then complain to Apple why they need to retrieve it. Anyway, I appreciate the follow-up sir.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods