Magsafe battery

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Has any one purchased the magsafe battery pack yet? If so, what are your thoughts or impressions.

Yes! I have purchased the Anker Magnetic Wireless Portable Charger, PowerCore Magnetic 5K Wireless 5,000mAh Power Bank. I am very happy with it. It cost $49.99 from Amazon, which is significantly less than Apple's MagSafe power bank, plus it has more "juice". I've used it a couple of times and it's awesome. I do recommend it.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes! I have purchased the Anker Magnetic Wireless Portable Charger, PowerCore Magnetic 5K Wireless 5,000mAh Power Bank. I am very happy with it. It cost $49.99 from Amazon, which is significantly less than Apple's MagSafe power bank, plus it has more "juice". I've used it a couple of times and it's awesome. I do recommend it.

Ooh! I do like Anker gear; it's always served me well. I shall look into this battery pack. Thanks for the tip, Annie!

How sturdy is the magnet on it? The Apple one feels like it wouldn't take more than a slight tap to dislodge it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Ooh! I do like Anker gear; it's always served me well. I shall look into this battery pack. Thanks for the tip, Annie!

How sturdy is the magnet on it? The Apple one feels like it wouldn't take more than a slight tap to dislodge it.

I use it with a case so I am not sure that it is seriously sturdy but I will check when I get home tonight without the case to see how sturdy it is.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for that feedback Annie. I'm considering the apple one because of the integration and use of lightning charging.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for that feedback Annie. I'm considering the apple one because of the integration and use of lightning charging.

I get the appeal of the integration. You can use it for reverse charging and if you have an Apple Watch, you can use it to charge your watch as well! The cons are the price and less “juice”. There was much discussion on last week’s “iMore Show” .

Here’s a link if you want to watch: https://youtu.be/8VAEzOtMMrs

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I get the appeal of the integration. You can use it for reverse charging and if you have an Apple Watch, you can use it to charge your watch as well! The cons are the price and less “juice”. There was much discussion on last week’s “iMore Show” .

Here’s a link if you want to watch: https://youtu.be/8VAEzOtMMrs

Thanks for the feedback annie. I ultimately went with the apple one. I have watched countless videos some good supporting the pack some not supporting the use of the magsafe pack.

My .02 is that I have a MacBook charger and that will give me the fast charging, so it will be the magsafe Puck as well. Plus I can charge either my or my wife's airpod pros as needed and she can use this for her phone as well. We don't have any USBC cables I think save for 1 for my Android work phone. I really just don't want to have to hit a button off and on. I'd rather just have the integration and convenience of wireless charging pad and be able to take a battery pack along as needed along when I have to travel and can swap my magsafe wallet out and on with the battery.

Frankly for the price point it's at, it can be a multi functional unit and I think that's what I think sometimes is overlooked.

I just got it yesterday so I'm going to out it through it's paces this weekend to see if it suits my needs and go from there as well.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback annie. I ultimately went with the apple one. I have watched countless videos some good supporting the pack some not supporting the use of the magsafe pack.

My .02 is that I have a MacBook charger and that will give me the fast charging, so it will be the magsafe Puck as well. Plus I can charge either my or my wife's airpod pros as needed and she can use this for her phone as well. We don't have any USBC cables I think save for 1 for my Android work phone. I really just don't want to have to hit a button off and on. I'd rather just have the integration and convenience of wireless charging pad and be able to take a battery pack along as needed along when I have to travel and can swap my magsafe wallet out and on with the battery.

Frankly for the price point it's at, it can be a multi functional unit and I think that's what I think sometimes is overlooked.

I just got it yesterday so I'm going to out it through it's paces this weekend to see if it suits my needs and go from there as well.

I think you made a wise choice! I will be eager to hear your thoughts and review!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Bought one to take on vacation, never ended up needing it. I did use it one day, just because. Definitely not a fast charge, but if you need extra battery power, it is a pretty elegant solution, as long as you are using a MagSafe case. Both my wife and I had Otterbox Aneu cases, but now that we aren't on the beach I am going back to my Apple leather. I'm really loving MagSafe for accessories (Wallet, battery, wife uses pop socket. Haven't used the charger though).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711