The iPhone is the best device to date for me

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone vs Android

Difference is great, that’s what keep innovation and competition in play, if a viable third player where to enter the smartphone market, that would really stir up the pot.

Like when we had IOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile. Each platform was trying to be better then their competitors, that’s actually great for the consumers and keeps the cost competitive.

I agree with all of this. The problem is finding app developer support for a third option.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Difference is great, that’s what keep innovation and competition in play, if a viable third player where to enter the smartphone market, that would really stir up the pot.

Like when we had IOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile. Each platform was trying to be better then their competitors, that’s actually great for the consumers and keeps the cost competitive.

The problem was Blackberry and Microsoft refused to innovate. They thought they would survive forever by giving us the same garbage every year. The two innovators survived.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

The problem was Blackberry and Microsoft refused to innovate. They thought they would survive forever by giving us the same garbage every year. The two innovators survived.

They both failed miserably and forgot to deliver what the customer asked for. The iPhone was also unique when it came out and Apple was very smart putting their computer products in the school systems back in the day.

So when they introduced the iPhone, it was a natural progression that the young folks who where raised on Apple products would buy them like hot cakes, add brilliant marketing and the rest is history.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

They both failed miserably and forgot to deliver what the customer asked for. The iPhone was also unique when it came out and Apple was very smart putting their computer products in the school systems back in the day.

So when they introduced the iPhone, it was a natural progression that the young folks who where raised on Apple products would buy them like hot cakes, add brilliant marketing and the rest is history.

Agree. They had insight. It came from the success of the iPod. They didn’t fare well at the beginning but improved it enough to become successful. It’s quite a story if you think about it.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Agree. They had insight. It came from the success of the iPod. They didn’t fare well at the beginning but improved it enough to become successful. It’s quite a story if you think about it.

Amen 100% and earned wheelbarrows of cash doing it. Basic business concepts 101.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

And as far as messages on Android being as good as iMessage, that’s a complete joke. How many Android users even know what RCS is let alone have it turned on?

sandycrane

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site

I switched over to an s10e because the 12 mini I'd been waiting for did not offer what I was looking for. After many years with iPhones I find I prefer the utilities (phone app, messaging, music, &etc) of the iPhone and have found Google Play Store to be a jungle of sub standard apps competing to include as many mindless ads as possible. People complain that Apple is too anal about their apps, but the lack of standards in Android apps is amazing. As far as hardware quality: I'd call it a wash.
If I find the iPhone 13 mini more to my liking over the 12 I'll probably go back to Apple.

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site

I prefer the flexibility of Android over iPhone. Must admit I am enjoying my iPhone more since I upgraded to the 8 plus in February. I prefer the Instagram app and Day One on iPhone but my Day One subscription is £6 a year cheaper through Google tha/ Apple and works on all devices.

The Apple watch is superior to any Android watch a d I have a series 6. I also prefer an iMac to Windows 10 and my iPad over ANY other tablet.

I drink from both the Apple and the Google Kool Aid. I have a chromecast with Google TV in my living room and an Apple TV 4K in my garden room. A Pixelbook for laptop and an iMac. Google Homes and Hubs all over my house, and Alexas too. I have a Pixel, a Galaxy S10+ and an iPhone 8+. All are daily drivers, but am running Android 12 beta on the Pixel and 14.7 beta on the iPhone.

Maybe I am just a tech floozy.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I honestly dont understand why this is always a question for debate? I feel there are pros and cons for both operating systems and its just all about preference on what people decide to choose. there are other more important things to worry about rather then debating on if someone prefers apple phones or android phones

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I honestly dont understand why this is always a question for debate? I feel there are pros and cons for both operating systems and its just all about preference on what people decide to choose. there are other more important things to worry about rather then debating on if someone prefers apple phones or android phones

I don’t see it as a debate but as a conversation on two different but viable smartphone OS options. Both are changing so it brings about talk about one vs. the other.

I’m a dual user myself.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I never had to choose.
I’m stubborn.
I love Apple and I don’t like android.
This is all I can say about this matter.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I, too, was torn between the two. I have a 12 Pro Max and watch 5. I also have a Note 20 Ultra and Galaxy Watch. Today, I posted the iPhone and watch on this site. I'm 76 and the two deciding factors was the slightly larger screen and the Pen. I'm excited to try something different.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I don’t believe it’s much of a competition any more to be completely honest.

Apple dominates the premium segment ($400+) of the market and android owns the low end ($100-$350).

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

I don’t believe it’s much of a competition any more to be completely honest.

Apple dominates the premium segment ($400+) of the market and android owns the low end ($100-$350).

Samsung still does well in the high end segment. I currently have a 12 Pro Max and a S21 Ultra 5G. The Samsung is the better built, better designed phone.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Samsung still does well in the high end segment. I currently have a 12 Pro Max and a S21 Ultra 5G. The Samsung is the better built, better designed phone.

Actually Samsung mobile hasn’t been doing well in the premium segment for a couple of years now.

In regards to the s21 series, It’s a flop, Sales wise it’s a disaster. Glad you are enjoying your though .

I disagree on the build quality, the iPhone 12 Pro Max feels more premium and better built compared to the s21 ultra. Stainless steel vs aluminum. Same goes for the iPhone 12 and s21; aluminum vs plastic, no comparison really.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Actually Samsung mobile hasn’t been doing well in the premium segment for a couple of years now.

In regards to the s21 series, It’s a flop, Sales wise it’s a disaster. Glad you are enjoying your though .

I disagree on the build quality, the iPhone 12 Pro Max feels more premium and better built compared to the s21 ultra. Stainless steel vs aluminum. Same goes for the iPhone 12 and s21; aluminum vs plastic, no comparison really.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/sam...phone-12-february-2021-sales-numbers_id131109

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

IMG_0111.JPG

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
iPhone vs Android

Did you even read it?

Don’t think the morung express has any credibility

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR