The iPhone is the best device to date for me

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I use both platforms in my daily days work. And after many years I can honestly say that the iPhone is the best device to date for me.

I just returned a Note 20 to T-Mobile due to SMS issues I was having and after 8 months they refunded my money I paid for it.

I went back and used an esim on my 12 mini which is working flawlessly. I picked up a 12 pro max to replace the Note 20 but after a week I found the Mini to be the better of the two devices so I returned the Max.

So many years and so many devices I find apple to finally be the winner in my book. Never a major problem and updates for every device plus public beta which I always use. And don’t forget the best point and shoot camera out there.

Also apps on iPhone work so much better than on Android devices. I am tired of spending money on expensive devices that don’t hold up to apple devices. I still have a galaxy watch and a galaxy tablet but from here on apple is my choice of phones.

I am pleasantly surprised on how much I like the mini I guess I am tired of reaching to touch the top of the screen and always using two hands.

I am basically retired and I am sure that my arthritis has a lot to do with my decision but it’s the way apple devices work in the end made my decision.

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone vs Android

This is a timely post for me. I just posted asking about people’s experiences on Android when using other apple devices as I’ve always had a nagging desire to try out Android (I’ve been with iPhone since the 2G I think).

One thing that gets me about Android is the ease of switching stores. I’m from the US, but live abroad so being able to get those apps that are only available in foreign stores using my secondary account is so much easier on Android and the Google Play store.

Then there are some hardware things that I like better on Android (mostly Galaxy phones), but the software experience on iPhone is almost always superior in my experience.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

Glad you are happy with Apple. I made the switch 7 years ago from Samsung

And Apple has the best watch too… just saying!

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site

Never tried Android , never wanted to I came straight to IOS when BlackBerry went Android and never looked back .

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Both have their pros and cons. Right now Apple fits my lifestyle better and what I currently want from a smartphone.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I like both platforms but at my stage in life I needed to settle into one or the other and stop spending so much money on phones.

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site

I recently converted from Android (Samsung) to Iphone. Only thing I miss is the customization....I don't understand why Iphone won't let people customize how their home screen looks.... Other than that I love it

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

I like both Android and iOS. I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro Max as my main phone. I'll buy a Samsung S/Note phone if it has features I enjoy. I have both a MacBook Pro and a Samsung laptop so both brands of phones can sync to my computers (if I use Google Messages on Android). I've been using iPhone for the last couple of years just because I like the idea that if I were to break my phone, I can just walk into any of the numerous Apple Stores around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and get it fixed or replaced. I can't do that with an Android phone. I've never damaged a phone where it needed to be fixed or replaced, but then again, I've never had a house burn down but I still pay for homeowners insurance.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

I have both 12 Pro Max and Note 10+, and like both. Now I'm using the iPhone as an outside home device, and my Note as the inside home, mainly because it works better with my Chromecast. In the Note I have to have WhatsApp installed, too, for work reasons, but as I don't want to carry this spy into my pocket, I leave it on my desk. Apple Watch is the absolute best. But DeX fits better to my workflow.

So, in a few words, both great devices. I'm looking forward for a new Fold ir Note, and I'll certainly buy one of these two as long as it supports s pen and microSD cards. If not, I'll continue using my two friends, in different situations, with one complementing the other.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I have been using both platforms for many years and have just as many paid apps in the google play store as I do in the Apple App Store.

For myself it’s all been about personal preference, I like the simplicity and stability of IOS, but I also like the ability to customize in Android.

I have been on the CB and iMore forums a while and used both Blackberry OS and iPhones at the same time and enjoyed both of them.

Being I am ancient and have been around since the early days and have seen both IOS and Android come a long way, both are well trenched in today’s highly competitive market and again, it’s personal preference.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I have to support Windows and Android at work, so I'd like to say I know enough about both to be dangerous. However, I prefer Apple.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

I have been using both platforms for many years and have just as many paid apps in the google play store as I do in the Apple App Store.

For myself it’s all been about personal preference, I like the simplicity and stability of IOS, but I also like the ability to customize in Android.

I have been on the CB and iMore forums a while and used both Blackberry OS and iPhones at the same time and enjoyed both of them.

Being I am ancient and have been around since the early days and have seen both IOS and Android come a long way, both are well trenched in today’s highly competitive market and again, it’s personal preference.

Yes I’m in both iMore and Android forums as well, and must say I do prefer the Android Central; these spam posts by iMore are simply irritating, so I just come less here because of that…

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

I have both an iPhone 12 Pro Max and the S21 ultra. The simplicity of iOS and its ability to just connect to devices is great. Apple feels like home and feels safe…. Android though feels like freedom and adventurous. The screen and just over all look of the S21 ultra is amazing. The camera on the S21 ultra is pretty awesome as well. There are features that android has that Apple just hasn’t put in yet for some reason, like reverse wireless charging. One thing I will say is the Apple Watch beats Samsung/android watches. One bad thing I feel like Apple has is they are so strict when it comes to apps, like Xbox can’t do cloud gaming on iOS but Google allows it. iMessage is really great when the majority of your daily communication is to other iOS people. If Apple ever allows RCS in its standard messaging then the switch to android would be a lot easier for some.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I have both an iPhone 12 Pro Max and the S21 ultra. The simplicity of iOS and its ability to just connect to devices is great. Apple feels like home and feels safe…. Android though feels like freedom and adventurous. The screen and just over all look of the S21 ultra is amazing. The camera on the S21 ultra is pretty awesome as well. There are features that android has that Apple just hasn’t put in yet for some reason, like reverse wireless charging. One thing I will say is the Apple Watch beats Samsung/android watches. One bad thing I feel like Apple has is they are so strict when it comes to apps, like Xbox can’t do cloud gaming on iOS but Google allows it. iMessage is really great when the majority of your daily communication is to other iOS people. If Apple ever allows RCS in its standard messaging then the switch to android would be a lot easier for some.

I just checked. My iPad Pro does reverse charge my iPhone, etc. Apple is integrating stuff like that, but it isn’t a universal thing, such as my iPhone reverse charging my Watch, though my iPad can.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox