I never had to choose.
    I’m stubborn.
    I love Apple and I don’t like android.
    This is all I can say about this matter.
    FFR, sleepngbear and Wotchered like this.
    07-18-2021 05:41 PM
    I, too, was torn between the two. I have a 12 Pro Max and watch 5. I also have a Note 20 Ultra and Galaxy Watch. Today, I posted the iPhone and watch on this site. I'm 76 and the two deciding factors was the slightly larger screen and the Pen. I'm excited to try something different.
    Spencerdl and cckgz4 like this.
    07-19-2021 04:28 PM
    I don’t believe it’s much of a competition any more to be completely honest.

Apple dominates the premium segment ($400+) of the market and android owns the low end ($100-$350).
    Annie_M and Highrisedrifter like this.
    07-30-2021 05:49 AM
    I don’t believe it’s much of a competition any more to be completely honest.

Apple dominates the premium segment ($400+) of the market and android owns the low end ($100-$350).
    Samsung still does well in the high end segment. I currently have a 12 Pro Max and a S21 Ultra 5G. The Samsung is the better built, better designed phone.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-04-2021 05:15 PM
    Samsung still does well in the high end segment. I currently have a 12 Pro Max and a S21 Ultra 5G. The Samsung is the better built, better designed phone.

Actually Samsung mobile hasn’t been doing well in the premium segment for a couple of years now.

In regards to the s21 series, It’s a flop, Sales wise it’s a disaster. Glad you are enjoying your though .

I disagree on the build quality, the iPhone 12 Pro Max feels more premium and better built compared to the s21 ultra. Stainless steel vs aluminum. Same goes for the iPhone 12 and s21; aluminum vs plastic, no comparison really.
    08-04-2021 06:25 PM
    Actually Samsung mobile hasn’t been doing well in the premium segment for a couple of years now.

In regards to the s21 series, It’s a flop, Sales wise it’s a disaster. Glad you are enjoying your though .

I disagree on the build quality, the iPhone 12 Pro Max feels more premium and better built compared to the s21 ultra. Stainless steel vs aluminum. Same goes for the iPhone 12 and s21; aluminum vs plastic, no comparison really.
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/sams...mbers_id131109
    cckgz4 likes this.
    08-05-2021 01:08 PM

The iPhone is the best device to date for me-img_0111.jpg
    08-05-2021 01:11 PM

Did you even read it?

Don’t think the morung express has any credibility
    08-05-2021 01:12 PM
    Did you even read it?

Don’t think the morung express has any credibility
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    08-05-2021 01:17 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0111.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	208.4 KB 
ID:	131134
    Um ok so apple gained in Europe at the expense of Samsung.

Which is kind of the point since the s21 was a global Flop this year, in terms of sales.

"Samsung's sales in Europe declined by 20% in June 2021 compared to May 2021”

Guess that’s why you didn’t want to post that article
    08-05-2021 01:18 PM
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    There is a considerable difference between opinion and facts.

You made the claim about Samsung’s premium segment doing well. They aren’t.

Samsung still does well in the high end segment.
    The s21 series flopped, that’s not an opinion but a fact. Don’t think the morung express is going to invalidate that due to your personal opinions.

Last edited by FFR; 08-06-2021 at 04:49 AM.
    08-05-2021 01:20 PM
    I went from Blackberry to Android back in 2014, then bought my first my iPhone in 2020. Apple had me very intrigued with the 12 mini and I have to say I’m very happy with my purchase. The carrier deals on trade ins these days are hard to pass up, I was able to trade in my Pixel 3 for the 12 mini which made my upgrade free. iOS still has it’s limits but overall Apple has done a good job with this device.
    Annie_M likes this.
    08-08-2021 12:30 PM
    The numbers for the s21 series are in and they are simply put, awful.

Last edited by FFR; 08-09-2021 at 07:49 AM.
    08-09-2021 07:22 AM
    Samsung’s ship are sinking. And that’s because the company are putting it’s money in the wrong horses. S line without SD card. End of the Note line without any proper replacement (aka any new model with the SPen included and inserted in the phone’s body, without the need to buy it separately paying another lot of money). All that emphasis put on the foldable line of devices, without making it even remotely affordable. Simply an awful lot of bad decisions.

For my part I decided some months ago that, without SD card and SPen the best option was an iPhone. My wife decided the same. I don’t have any loyalty to any brand, so as soon as Samsung makes a model that suits my needs in an affordable price, I can come back without a problem. But right now, there’s simply no option offered to replace my old Note 10+, and I’m sure there’re a lot of people in the same situation.
    08-09-2021 11:43 AM
    Samsung’s ship are sinking. And that’s because the company are putting it’s money in the wrong horses. S line without SD card. End of the Note line without any proper replacement (aka any new model with the SPen included and inserted in the phone’s body, without the need to buy it separately paying another lot of money). All that emphasis put on the foldable line of devices, without making it even remotely affordable. Simply an awful lot of bad decisions.

For my part I decided some months ago that, without SD card and SPen the best option was an iPhone. My wife decided the same. I don’t have any loyalty to any brand, so as soon as Samsung makes a model that suits my needs in an affordable price, I can come back without a problem. But right now, there’s simply no option offered to replace my old Note 10+, and I’m sure there’re a lot of people in the same situation.
    So yet you choose a phone with no SD card or Spen inside the body…. People want to talk crap about Samsung taking away the SD card like it’s some new technology. Apple has never had an SD card slot. Just use the cloud whether it’s Googles or apples. Time to leave old tech behind…
    cckgz4 likes this.
    08-09-2021 08:27 PM
    I guess I just use iPhone now for convenience, other than that they are both awfully close feature wise these days.
    08-10-2021 01:40 AM
    So yet you choose a phone with no SD card or Spen inside the body…. People want to talk crap about Samsung taking away the SD card like it’s some new technology. Apple has never had an SD card slot. Just use the cloud whether it’s Googles or apples. Time to leave old tech behind…
    I guess when the feature that differentiated Samsung from the iphone gets eliminated, some users elect to go back to an iPhone, better apps, better ecosystem, better privacy.

Some Samsung users have switched to Apple and the iPhone when Samsung removed the sd slot and cancelled the note. The s21 sales cratered compared to the s10 and s20, so it might be more than some users.
    vimagreg and sleepngbear like this.
    08-10-2021 06:27 AM
    I have google home on my Iphone. I downloaded it from the app store
    08-10-2021 03:00 PM
    I have google home on my Iphone. I downloaded it from the app store
    Is your mentioning of you having Google Home installed on your iPhone in reply to a post within this thread?
    08-10-2021 03:19 PM
    Is your mentioning of you having Google Home installed on your iPhone in reply to a post within this thread?
    yes sorry. thought I had quoted the person and guess I didn't. Someone said they wished their Iphone had google assistant and google home.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-10-2021 03:35 PM
    I guess when the feature that differentiated Samsung from the iphone gets eliminated, some users elect to go back to an iPhone, better apps, better ecosystem, better privacy.

Some Samsung users have switched to Apple and the iPhone when Samsung removed the sd slot and cancelled the note. The s21 sales cratered compared to the s10 and s20, so it might be more than some users.
    This! Thanks God somebody got it.

I had Samsung because of the SPen and SD card. Without these two, Samsung makes no sense for me anymore. Simply like that.

And, sorry, but I don’t think tech gets old just because somebody tells it or some companies try to force it. MicroSD are useful. And why should I be forced to pay to use some cloud service if I already payed for a 512GB card acquired to be used exactly in a Samsung phone?

Again, if Samsung and Apple offers the same, for the same price, so I have a no-brainer choice. For me. Everybody with their needs and their money to be put where they decide to. But as the numbers are showing… Samsung appears to be made some very bad decisions lately.
    FFR and aximtreo like this.
    08-13-2021 05:02 PM
    This! Thanks God somebody got it.

I had Samsung because of the SPen and SD card. Without these two, Samsung makes no sense for me anymore. Simply like that.

And, sorry, but I don’t think tech gets old just because somebody tells it or some companies try to force it. MicroSD are useful. And why should I be forced to pay to use some cloud service if I already payed for a 512GB card acquired to be used exactly in a Samsung phone?

Again, if Samsung and Apple offers the same, for the same price, so I have a no-brainer choice. For me. Everybody with their needs and their money to be put where they decide to. But as the numbers are showing… Samsung appears to be made some very bad decisions lately.
    No worries.
    Given price parity apple outsells Samsung by a wide margin . Most consumers seem to have made the same decision as yourself.

Regarding Samsung… yeah, it’s not just their premium smartphones that flopped but their entire mobile business is in decline.

Kind of feel sorry for Samsung fans, first the note gets cancelled and now Samsung is reviewing their mobile business.
    Last edited by FFR; 08-21-2021 at 05:25 AM.
    08-20-2021 04:25 PM
    Over the many years of playing with phones and keeping up with with the news on tech, I think I’ve reached a point in life where I don’t want to experiment anymore and just stick to what suits my life.

Up until now, the last iPhone I owned was the 7 plus. The battery was a huge problem so I went to the note 9. I stayed with Android up until April of this year and got a 12 pro. My friends were overjoyed as they could easily text me now with iMessage for media purposes. And while it feels good to be able to have that experience with my friends, it’s probably one of the only things im liking about being back on iPhone.

Don’t get me wrong: I’ve been back and forth on different platforms for years and at one point, iOS was definitely perfecting the art of doing things right and having a consistent experience. But Android is almost buttery smooth, especially Samsung, in 2021. Im having major reception issues at my jobs that I didn’t have with my last device which was a Samsung S20 FE. I came back to iOS to see if I was missing anything, but truth be told, in only a few months, im missing my experience with Android

So with that being said, im looking at getting the Z Flip 3 in November. They’re taking good condition iPhone 12 pros for $600 on Samsung’s site and it’s a good deal. I want to be excited for a phone that im paying over $1000 for. I miss Android’s interface but I overall miss the touches Samsung puts on their devices: dual simultaneous Bluetooth streaming, wireless Dex, customization with Good Lock, impressive hardware, and most of all: an ecosystem that’s becoming on par with Apple. Im ready to invest in that and im going to do it with Samsung. First the watch, I already have galaxy buds, then maybe a tablet.

My friends are gonna hate that im going back but oh well. They can always message me on Facebook messenger.
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    09-16-2021 10:05 AM
    I almost got caught up in certain posts. I’m glad I didn’t reply LOL. People, use what you love and what you think deserves your money
    aximtreo, FFR, grover5 and 1 others like this.
    09-16-2021 10:14 AM
    iPhone vs android, indeed

aximtreo likes this.
    09-16-2021 11:11 AM
99 1234