Sure is. I plugged into the iPad Pro’s USB-C port with the stock iPhone USB-C cable that came with my phone and it is charging. Sorry It isn’t wireless.
    So if you lay your iPhone on the back of the iPad it will charge?
    06-20-2021 10:58 PM
    I don’t think they’ll ever catch up, I’m not even sure they want to.
    They seem to be going in a different direction, medical. That’s probably smart and they will most likely lead in that category.
    I seriously think Apple doesn’t care if they catch up. I ask folks all the time about why they don’t switch to Android for more customization and the google assistant and so on.

They always give me the same answer, simplicity and their iPhones and iPads just work and they like it that way. As with many others out there on the forums, I have been around since the early days.

I have seen massive improvements in IOS and Mac OS and Apple has built a Trillion dollar company by following those principles, so why wonder off the path that has led them to the pot of gold, just my two cents.
    06-21-2021 06:57 AM
    So if you lay your iPhone on the back of the iPad it will charge?
    Nope. It isn’t Qi charging I use the stock iPhone USB-C cable.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-21-2021 07:50 AM
    I seriously think Apple doesn’t care if they catch up. I ask folks all the time about why they don’t switch to Android for more customization and the google assistant and so on.

They always give me the same answer, simplicity and their iPhones and iPads just work and they like it that way. As with many others out there on the forums, I have been around since the early days.

I have seen massive improvements in IOS and Mac OS and Apple has built a Trillion dollar company by following those principles, so why wonder off the path that has led them to the pot of gold, just my two cents.
    I agree and actually think it’s a good thing. We don’t need two or more identical platforms. We need variety.

Apple brings simplicity and really tries to perfect the things it does. One example is their weather app which, I believe, is second to none. Another is iMessage, again, thought of as the best messaging platform.

Android, on the other hand, brings innovation and pushes boundaries. I have multiple speakers in my home and Android can do more than play music, it can answer questions or show step by step instructions on how to cook dinner on the display in my kitchen.

It’s really about which platform fits your needs best.
    bakron1 and Spencerdl like this.
    06-21-2021 04:14 PM

Apple brings simplicity and really tries to perfect the things it does. One example is their weather app which, I believe, is second to none. Another is iMessage, again, thought of as the best messaging platform.

It’s really about which platform fits your needs best.
    iMessage is only good bc Apple doesn’t allow RCS on the text message side. Google has its Google message which is like iMessage yet can be used on Samsung, Google, Any android and it has all the features of iMessage. If Apple opened up the text message side and enabled RCS and the ability to send High quality videos of text, then I bet they loose a good amount of people.
    06-21-2021 11:44 PM
    Nope. It isn’t Qi charging I use the stock iPhone USB-C cable.
    Then it’s not the same as Samsung. Samsung needs no cables to charge the Galaxy watch, earbuds or another phone
    06-21-2021 11:45 PM
    iMessage is only good bc Apple doesn’t allow RCS on the text message side. Google has its Google message which is like iMessage yet can be used on Samsung, Google, Any android and it has all the features of iMessage. If Apple opened up the text message side and enabled RCS and the ability to send High quality videos of text, then I bet they loose a good amount of people.
    iMessage is good because they built a great messaging app. It’s lose not loose. Loose is not tight.
    anon(50597) likes this.
    06-21-2021 11:56 PM
    Then it’s not the same as Samsung. Samsung needs no cables to charge the Galaxy watch, earbuds or another phone
    I’m pretty sure that’s what he’s saying.
    06-21-2021 11:56 PM
    Difference is good. Nobody wants identical platforms.
    Spencerdl and Annie_M like this.
    06-21-2021 11:57 PM
    Difference is good. Nobody wants identical platforms.
    Difference is great, that’s what keep innovation and competition in play, if a viable third player where to enter the smartphone market, that would really stir up the pot.

Like when we had IOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile. Each platform was trying to be better then their competitors, that’s actually great for the consumers and keeps the cost competitive.
    grover5 and aximtreo like this.
    06-22-2021 05:24 AM
    iMessage is good because they built a great messaging app. It’s lose not loose. Loose is not tight.
    I wouldn’t say great, I’ll give you good and reliable. And sorry my auto correct for some reason switch to loose instead of lose… but you can calm down there grammar Nazi
    Annie_M and cckgz4 like this.
    06-22-2021 06:32 AM
    Problem with RCS is it’s not enabled by default unless someone has a particular device, and dependent on the app being used as well. Plus, only a few people outside the online tech community know what it is. It’s not a completely reliable service, I noticed it turning off and on in conversations for no reason whatsoever. iMessage just works, to use the cliché.
    06-22-2021 09:54 AM
    I message can't be beat sending photos and videos is flawless no need to send links like with android devices to get a better image
    06-22-2021 10:08 AM
    Sorry, RCS is not even comparable to iMessage. Yet. Simply no reliable (at least here in Brazil), doesn’t work well with media, depends on specific apps which not everyone uses. I tried to use RCS, I really tried. But was impossible, for me, with my needs. Actually even iMessage doesn’t fits me well, since there is a very few people using iPhones in this country. So, here, communication is a matter of using WA or… almost nothing. So, for me, is almost nothing.
    06-22-2021 11:22 AM
    I wouldn’t say great, I’ll give you good and reliable. And sorry my auto correct for some reason switch to loose instead of lose… but you can calm down there grammar Nazi
    We disagree on iMessage which is how it goes sometimes. I’m not excited about the spelling. I do see that error made too often.
    06-22-2021 11:26 AM
    Difference is great, that’s what keep innovation and competition in play, if a viable third player where to enter the smartphone market, that would really stir up the pot.

Like when we had IOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile. Each platform was trying to be better then their competitors, that’s actually great for the consumers and keeps the cost competitive.
    I agree with all of this. The problem is finding app developer support for a third option.
    06-22-2021 11:27 AM

The problem was Blackberry and Microsoft refused to innovate. They thought they would survive forever by giving us the same garbage every year. The two innovators survived.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-22-2021 03:51 PM
    The problem was Blackberry and Microsoft refused to innovate. They thought they would survive forever by giving us the same garbage every year. The two innovators survived.
    They both failed miserably and forgot to deliver what the customer asked for. The iPhone was also unique when it came out and Apple was very smart putting their computer products in the school systems back in the day.

So when they introduced the iPhone, it was a natural progression that the young folks who where raised on Apple products would buy them like hot cakes, add brilliant marketing and the rest is history.
    grover5 and iwoodland like this.
    06-22-2021 05:19 PM
    They both failed miserably and forgot to deliver what the customer asked for. The iPhone was also unique when it came out and Apple was very smart putting their computer products in the school systems back in the day.

So when they introduced the iPhone, it was a natural progression that the young folks who where raised on Apple products would buy them like hot cakes, add brilliant marketing and the rest is history.
    Agree. They had insight. It came from the success of the iPod. They didn’t fare well at the beginning but improved it enough to become successful. It’s quite a story if you think about it.
    bakron1 likes this.
    06-22-2021 05:30 PM
    Agree. They had insight. It came from the success of the iPod. They didn’t fare well at the beginning but improved it enough to become successful. It’s quite a story if you think about it.
    Amen 100% and earned wheelbarrows of cash doing it. Basic business concepts 101.
    anon(50597) likes this.
    06-22-2021 05:33 PM
    And as far as messages on Android being as good as iMessage, that’s a complete joke. How many Android users even know what RCS is let alone have it turned on?
    06-22-2021 05:39 PM
    I switched over to an s10e because the 12 mini I'd been waiting for did not offer what I was looking for. After many years with iPhones I find I prefer the utilities (phone app, messaging, music, &etc) of the iPhone and have found Google Play Store to be a jungle of sub standard apps competing to include as many mindless ads as possible. People complain that Apple is too anal about their apps, but the lack of standards in Android apps is amazing. As far as hardware quality: I'd call it a wash.
    If I find the iPhone 13 mini more to my liking over the 12 I'll probably go back to Apple.
    06-23-2021 10:27 AM
    I prefer the flexibility of Android over iPhone. Must admit I am enjoying my iPhone more since I upgraded to the 8 plus in February. I prefer the Instagram app and Day One on iPhone but my Day One subscription is £6 a year cheaper through Google tha/ Apple and works on all devices.

The Apple watch is superior to any Android watch a d I have a series 6. I also prefer an iMac to Windows 10 and my iPad over ANY other tablet.

I drink from both the Apple and the Google Kool Aid. I have a chromecast with Google TV in my living room and an Apple TV 4K in my garden room. A Pixelbook for laptop and an iMac. Google Homes and Hubs all over my house, and Alexas too. I have a Pixel, a Galaxy S10+ and an iPhone 8+. All are daily drivers, but am running Android 12 beta on the Pixel and 14.7 beta on the iPhone.

Maybe I am just a tech floozy.
    bakron1, Annie_M, vimagreg and 2 others like this.
    06-23-2021 02:07 PM
    I honestly dont understand why this is always a question for debate? I feel there are pros and cons for both operating systems and its just all about preference on what people decide to choose. there are other more important things to worry about rather then debating on if someone prefers apple phones or android phones
    bakron1 and Carrie Greicar like this.
    07-18-2021 04:33 PM
    I honestly dont understand why this is always a question for debate? I feel there are pros and cons for both operating systems and its just all about preference on what people decide to choose. there are other more important things to worry about rather then debating on if someone prefers apple phones or android phones
    I don’t see it as a debate but as a conversation on two different but viable smartphone OS options. Both are changing so it brings about talk about one vs. the other.

I’m a dual user myself.
    07-18-2021 05:18 PM
99 1234