Can you answer some questions I have about the iPhone before I purchase one?

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
On your iPhone, initiate the Files app. At the bottom, select “Browse”. Under “Locations”, you should see the following:

iCloud Drive
On My Phone
Recently Deleted.

As long as you have the storage space, you can store files (documents, images, videos and music) locally on the device. The information found via the following link should provide you with helpful information.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206481

The Files app on iOS will let you move files to device storage if they need to be accessed while offline.

thank you! i'm assuming i can move folders at a time instead of just a file at a time, right? these are thousands of files and would be terrible to have to move them one by one. sorry to be picky but i really need to know if i can do what i need to do before i get the phone >_<

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
thank you! i'm assuming i can move folders at a time instead of just a file at a time, right? these are thousands of files and would be terrible to have to move them one by one. sorry to be picky but i really need to know if i can do what i need to do before i get the phone >_<

Yes, you can copy/move multiple folders at a time over to the Files app on your iPhone. I did it when I moved files and folders from Dropbox, OneDrive and others to the Files app and the process was fairly quick.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can copy/move multiple folders at a time over to the Files app on your iPhone. I did it when I moved files and folders from Dropbox, OneDrive and others to the Files app and the process was fairly quick.

hi. so i finally got my phone. where do i get the files app for my pc so i can move the files from my pc to my new iphone? i know i can just probably search it but i want to make sure i get the right one. :)

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
hi. so i finally got my phone. where do i get the files app for my pc so i can move the files from my pc to my new iphone? i know i can just probably search it but i want to make sure i get the right one. :)

The Files.app is on your iPhone. It comes with it.

To transfer files from your computer to your iPhone, it will depend on what you decided to use as a service.

If you use a network shared folder or USB thumb drive, then it’s directly the Files app on your phone and Finder/File Explorer on your computer.
If you use iCloud Drive, you still use the Files app on your phone and Finder/iCloud.app on your computer.
If you use another cloud service, you need to install that service’s app on your phone and computer, sign in on both ends. Then (based on iPadOS), go to the Files app, click on the Ellipsis when viewing locations and toggle your sync app on.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I periodically access my iOS files via my Windows PC at work by logging in to my iCloud account. You can download iCloud for Windows, but I choose not to. So I just log into icloud.com. It works very well!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
they say use stuff that will basically be like using the cloud. i need the files to be stored in the phone locally.

Using apps like Box and Dropbox are not the same as iCloud. You can store files in these apps, and delete them from your iPhone. You can't do that with iCloud. Then they're just as easy to access as files on your camera roll or the files app. And you can get the same apps on your computer, and see the same files. Not sure how many images/photos you wish to make local on your iPhone, but be aware they take up a lot of storage space.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh