Quick flash of Apple Logo before powering on

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
After today's 14.4.1 update I'm still getting that DAMN quick flash then the regular apple logo appears then powers up. I sent my previous iPhone 12 Pro with 512 gb back for that reason plus it had a few dead pixels. Before I set my new iPhone up (iPhone 12 Pro 512 gb) I turned it on and off 4 or 5 times, it never had the quick flash problem, only after the phone upgraded OS because I was setting my phone from my iPhone mini. After the OS upgraded is when the quick flashing logo started. I've seen others online complaining about this issue, Is this a common bug? Was hoping today's OS update would fix this issue.
Thank You,
Vinny

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it's in the OS. Have you tried setting the 12 Pro up as new? Not from a back up?

No, before setting it up I turned it off and on several times, worked perfectly, it’s after I set up by using my iPhone 12 mini and had to update OS is when the quick flash of apple icon then normal start up happens. If you go online and just type in “flashing Apple icon on iPhone 12 Pro before start up” You will get pages of people complaining about this issue. Some said they talked to Apple Care and they said a fix is coming in OS 14.5. Hope so.
THANK YOU
Vinny

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
For the couple of times I’ve had to turn off/on I’ve gotten the flash but never thought anything of it...my phone has been working as it should, no hiccups so I’m not worried. I’m on iOS 14.4.1 also.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed the same thing after the update and hasn’t effected the operation or performance of my device, not worried in the least.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
What I believe is going on is the the Apple “going off and then back on” is when the boot firmware hands off the process to the operating system, and it is just slower than it expects it to be.

If it is true, it’s nothing to worry about.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods