MagSafe battery pack

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Finally got my Charge Fast battery back. Took a few weeks to get from China but it seems great so far. Will post impressions after a couple of days but initially it does seem to charge surprisingly fast. Only downside at the moment is I did expect it to be able to charge wirelessly but apparently it needs to be plugged in with a USB-C cable to charge. Also the magnetic hold is very secure onto an Apple leather MagSafe caseIMG_2901.JPGIMG_2900.JPGIMG_2899.JPG

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations.....;)....Does it make your iPhone feel as thick as it looks?

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations.....;)....Does it make your iPhone feel as thick as it looks?

Lol it’s a little thicker than I’d hoped but it’s not bad, and considering you can just pop it on when you need it is nice. Magnets are nice and strong. No issues putting in/taking out of jeans pockets. Hoping there’s an Apple version of this coming out at some point that will be a little thinner and have wireless charging, but This is good for now

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for sharing! It looks interesting! I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts after a few ha few days of use!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Looks good, but would make the device too thick for me personally. I do like the whole magnetic accessories concept for the iPhone 12 series. It’s going to make a lot more cool gadgets available than can be attached to the device.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing! It looks interesting! I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts after a few ha few days of use!

After a few days the battery pack is decent but it’s not without issues. The good: it has very strong magnetic hold to the phone or any MagSafe case. It also charges pretty quickly and doesn’t get the phone overly hot. Just warm while charging. Even with the battery attached it doesn’t add much more bulk or weight to the phone than a standard battery case. The bad: it doesn’t wirelessly charge, which is really surprising. Also it doesn’t shut off or stop charging when the phone reached 100%, so you have to take it off to stop the charging. I was hoping for some intelligence in the chip to handle that but guess I shouldn’t be too surprised. Until something more official comes out from Apple or one of the more reputable brands this will do just fine.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
After a few days the battery pack is decent but it’s not without issues. The good: it has very strong magnetic hold to the phone or any MagSafe case. It also charges pretty quickly and doesn’t get the phone overly hot. Just warm while charging. Even with the battery attached it doesn’t add much more bulk or weight to the phone than a standard battery case. The bad: it doesn’t wirelessly charge, which is really surprising. Also it doesn’t shut off or stop charging when the phone reached 100%, so you have to take it off to stop the charging. I was hoping for some intelligence in the chip to handle that but guess I shouldn’t be too surprised. Until something more official comes out from Apple or one of the more reputable brands this will do just fine.

If anyone is interested in one of these battery packs and you don’t want to wait for shipment from China, I inadvertently ordered 2 of them and just received the second. It’s still wrapped in the box and I’ll ship it to anyone if you want it. Just need to Venmo me the what I spent, $60 which includes shipping. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If anyone is interested in one of these battery packs and you don’t want to wait for shipment from China, I inadvertently ordered 2 of them and just received the second. It’s still wrapped in the box and I’ll ship it to anyone if you want it. Just need to Venmo me the what I spent, $60 which includes shipping. Let me know if anyone is interested.

It would be best if you list it in the Marketplace, following the "Marketplace Rules & Guidelines" which can be found here: https://forums.imore.com/marketplace-buy-sell-trade/387433-marketplace-rules-guidelines.html

bcbbanga4l

Trusted Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
wow looks cool I can see me using it when I need to charge love that it has magnets I have been trying to look for a magnet kick stand that I can just pop on and off without any adhesive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2