12 Pro or 12 Pro Max...and why?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Me too. I see no reason for the bigger model this year since a lot of us aren't on the go anymore for work since the pandemic started so battery life is no longer a priority for me this year. Besides, I'm getting almost as good of battery life on my 12 Pro as I did on my 11 Pro Max so no complaints here!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Good points on less travel but I've just had two REALLY long days (nearly all nighters or pages) and at our company sites. Documenting in low light (camera), using powerful IT admin apps, and a lot of voice call and video call time. Associates had late model Galaxy, Pixel and iPhone 8. Just after thinking a Mini would be sweet for bike rides, the 12 PM really stood out for the camera and battery life.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I went with the 12 pro. It's really the perfect size for me. I never have had any of the max sized phones always felt that have been too big for me. Battery lif has been good, especially since I am working more from home. For days on the road I have a battery case I can put it in. It's a really nice device overall, and takes great pictures.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I started with the pro, arrived on launch day. Beautiful phone, loved it. I just have such a hard time typing on the small screen. I noted I constantly had errors in message I sent or emails, etc. I borrowed my friend’s pro max for a hour and there was no going back.

Originally I had an 8 plus and when I upgraded to the XR I noticed the same problems with typing. Anyway, have the pro max now and couldn’t be happier.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Wanted Pro as ProMax simply too big and far too pricey. Turned out Max will be N/A here until at least July if at all & I won't travel overseas to buy a phone. Next choice was Pro- also a major availability issue - early stock ( remember it was just prior to Christmas when any iPhone 12's become available) now depleted until probably March. I got one of the 'last few' of current stock, island wide, of the 12. Turns out is perfect sizewize with a smaller box form but still larger screen size than my 8+. No Apple Cases in yet but what I got preserves the look of the 4, 4s, 5 series squared edges and is very comfortable and 'non-slip'.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Wanted Pro as ProMax simply too big and far too pricey. Turned out Max will be N/A here until at least July if at all & I won't travel overseas to buy a phone. Next choice was Pro- also a major availability issue - early stock ( remember it was just prior to Christmas when any iPhone 12's become available) now depleted until probably March. I got one of the 'last few' of current stock, island wide, of the 12. Turns out is perfect sizewize with a smaller box form but still larger screen size than my 8+. No Apple Cases in yet but what I got preserves the look of the 4, 4s, 5 series squared edges and is very comfortable and 'non-slip'.

Congratulations.

loulouOz

May 17, 2015
Visit site

Congrats! I am curious, where do you live?

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Barbados - eastern Caribbean. Closest  Store being possibly San Juan Puerto Rico if not Miami. Economy here is almost 100% tourism based, or support for it, or Government. So basically vulnerable in the worst way to covid woes and it's trickledown.

loulouOz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Barbados - eastern Caribbean. Closest  Store being possibly San Juan Puerto Rico if not Miami. Economy here is almost 100% tourism based, or support for it, or Government. So basically vulnerable in the worst way to covid woes and it's trickledown.

Amazing location!! Would love to go there eventually. Indeed, not that convenient for Apple stores.
Sorry to hear, it must be tough, hope things turn around soon-ish for you guys.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Amazing location!! Would love to go there eventually. Indeed, not that convenient for Apple stores.
Sorry to hear, it must be tough, hope things turn around soon-ish for you guys.

Been here since I retired from Canada 12 years ago. From an Apple perspective it's always been a bit this way as the average person can not consider purchasing a new phone every year or two. Thus most of what you see are either brought in by tourists or bought overseas by locals so what you 'see' isn't always 'real'. But I love every minute if it (tropical life) and roll with the ups and downs. My family originally came from here too which is why I closed the circle and  product keeps me in touch with the outside world as much as anything.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Which color 12 Pro did you get?

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
ProMax - probably July

Pro - hopefully March

Standard iPhone 12 - got one of the few remaining, in Black.

It was standard iPhone 12's that the 'chain of 3' Smartstore's had in theory 10 phones coming in March, 4 of which were already spoken for. The bigger standalone iShop simply said -'3 weeks to 3 months' for any 12 except ProMax which will be probably July.

I got the last HOCO Tempered glass screen protector available but had to go to another store branch. I am very impressed with one recently done on my 8+ which I have tentatively sold. I like the Evutec case in Blue. I have one very similar on the spare/guest iPhone 7Plus. More 'premium' cases like Ottorbox or Incipio, Spigen, Speck not available for beyond the iPhone 11 models and thin in supply there too.
Wake-up call, only a bit - but really 'business as usual'. These conundrums are part & parcel of life in smaller countries. If I had to guess I'd say Jamaica 'might' be a bit better and '$$ havens' like The Caymans. Not sure about San Juan in Puerto Rico. I have normally done my Tech shopping in Canada or the USA but anything off island is on a back-burner until probably 2022

That's the long version - short version is
iPhone 12, 128 Gb, Black, Deep blue case, Happy

As Walter Cronkite would say "And that's the way it is".IMG_3408.jpg

Last edited:

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Can empathize and sympathize being from Trinidad and covid woes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2