The 12 moment I was waiting for.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I did a fat/snow bike ride at a park that's famous for all carriers' poor or non-existent reception and it has been under Verizon's 5G coverage map for 2 months.

The 5G disappeared in the park but my 12 PM over XS Max had 1-2 bars LTE where it used to be none or 1. I ran into several friends some with new 12 Mini and Pixel phones. The take-home is 12 family is definitely good antenna/radio performance regardless of what the carrier is serving.

A tangent from it was the mix of techie and science friends who also have different carriers. There were good and bad things said about all of them in terms of 5G.

Knowing Verizon is really busy in the area I assume that map will fill in but for now it's another confirmation that 12 family is really good in lots of ways. The friends with Minis were really pleased going from 6 and 7 family phones. For them more screen and great all around performance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Excellent and thanks for sharing your observation with us. It is appreciated...;)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I maintain that I am having much better coverage on my 12 Pros than I had with the 11’s and XS’s due to the better Qualcomm radio as opposed to the Intels on those previous generations.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I maintain that I am having much better coverage on my 12 Pros than I had with the 11’s and XS’s due to the better Qualcomm radio as opposed to the Intels on those previous generations.

I know many say that but in my day job we have Apple an Android mobile at scale and other cellular devices. Same generation Qualcomm modem devices did lots of travel with the Apple devices in a same carrier, same account and same vehicle or building scenarios. Obvious differences showed up with carriers more than devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73