Complete waste of time and more importantly, space? Or the next great Apple feature?

Personally, I have no use for it. I have the 12 Pro and will not be purchasing any mag safe chargers. The click on wallet seems like a complete fail based on it falling off when you pocket your device. Watching JerryRig take it apart and the magnets definitely take up space which, I assume, is why the battery size has been reduced from last year.

I would have much rather had a bigger battery.

How about you?
    anachrotech and ladyc0524 like this.
    12-04-2020 12:05 PM
    Only good for a magnic car holder in my opinion but to each his own and apple would of not done it unless they did some research on it first.

Not everyone will feel the way you and I do so let's see if it's around next year!

Correction I just tried it on my car holder and it doesn't work go figure so I guess it’s useless to me.
    Last edited by o4liberty; 12-04-2020 at 04:52 PM.
    12-04-2020 02:27 PM
    The Magsafe charger solves a tiny little problem for me, to easily find the right spot to begin/optimize charging. However, this never felt so bad that I thought there has to be a solution or it will drive me mad.

Having said that. I ordered the new Belkin Magsafe car mount (overpriced, I know), to be delivered in a few weeks. If it works as desired (firm hod, no falling off of the phone), it will solve a somewhat bigger problem for me: having the phone screen in sight, without having to purchase other systems that require a magnet to be glued on to the back of the phone, or to fiddle with magnets inside a case. I never liked these clip on car mounts either.

So providing it works, this Magsafe mount will be something I'll enjoy having & using.

However, none of that is life-changing, and I could have survived without all of it. We'll see. Maybe smarter/more useful applications will arrive over time.
    12-05-2020 06:04 AM
    I think it’s a cool and useful gadget for some people. I don’t want it and nor do I need it, but that’s Just_Me_D....
    aximtreo and Nonsenseinsd8 like this.
    12-05-2020 08:16 AM
    The Magsafe charger solves a tiny little problem for me, to easily find the right spot to begin/optimize charging. However, this never felt so bad that I thought there has to be a solution or it will drive me mad.

Having said that. I ordered the new Belkin Magsafe car mount (overpriced, I know), to be delivered in a few weeks. If it works as desired (firm hod, no falling off of the phone), it will solve a somewhat bigger problem for me: having the phone screen in sight, without having to purchase other systems that require a magnet to be glued on to the back of the phone, or to fiddle with magnets inside a case. I never liked these clip on car mounts either.

So providing it works, this Magsafe mount will be something I'll enjoy having & using.

However, none of that is life-changing, and I could have survived without all of it. We'll see. Maybe smarter/more useful applications will arrive over time.
    No CarPlay?
    12-05-2020 08:19 AM
    I bought on to use with my new 12 Pro Max. Sweet spot is not easy to find for charging. If I pick up the phone, the Mag head falls off; weak magnet. I tried with and without my thin case and it's marginally better without the case. Wish I had saved my money.
    Just_Me_D and Speedygi like this.
    12-05-2020 08:33 AM
    No CarPlay?
    not for my 10 years old Tiguan :-(
    12-05-2020 10:25 AM
    I bought on to use with my new 12 Pro Max. Sweet spot is not easy to find for charging. If I pick up the phone, the Mag head falls off; weak magnet. I tried with and without my thin case and it's marginally better without the case. Wish I had saved my money.
    Could be the case you’re using. I have the Apple leather case and I’m 100% positive I can pick the phone up using only the mag safe cable and jostle it around up and down and it holds.
    12-05-2020 12:10 PM
    It's literally no different than using a wireless charger. I felt stupid paying $40 for the MagSafe charger so I returned it. I'm just going to use my two wireless chargers sitting around the house because the MagSafe charger is unnecessary.
    tadpoles and aximtreo like this.
    12-05-2020 01:51 PM
    I purchased the MagSafe charger. Will be here Wednesday. Definitely looking forward to trying it. Also with the wallet cases after trying it you have to try to make it fall off the back of your phone or use a case that’s not MagSafe compatible. I see zero issues using it from my experience but to each their own.
    12-05-2020 06:30 PM
    Could be the case you’re using. I have the Apple leather case and I’m 100% positive I can pick the phone up using only the mag safe cable and jostle it around up and down and it holds.
    I tried with and without the case. Marginally better without the case but still doesn't meet my expectations. Would love to hear from others about their experience.
    Annie_M likes this.
    12-06-2020 08:14 AM
    I purchased the MagSafe charger. Will be here Wednesday. Definitely looking forward to trying it. Also with the wallet cases after trying it you have to try to make it fall off the back of your phone or use a case that’s not MagSafe compatible. I see zero issues using it from my experience but to each their own.
    So, when you put it in your pants pocket, it’s stays securely on the back of the phone?
    12-06-2020 01:11 PM
    So, when you put it in your pants pocket, it’s stays securely on the back of the phone?
    Yes. There’s another thread on here with a picture of the person holding the wallet only and the phone is hanging from the wallet and that’s with the wallet sideways and not fully on the back of the phone. The thread is “should I get the apple wallet with MagSafe for iPhone 12” it’s the 21st post I believe.
    12-06-2020 01:14 PM
    Yes. There’s another thread on here with a picture of the person holding the wallet only and the phone is hanging from the wallet and that’s with the wallet sideways and not fully on the back of the phone. The thread is “should I get the apple wallet with MagSafe for iPhone 12” it’s the 21st post I believe.
    It looks strong but will it stay on when you put it in your front pocket? That’s a totally different scenario. Your pants are going to catch it. From what I’ve seen, it doesn’t stay on. Which would make it worthless to me.
    12-06-2020 02:17 PM
    It looks strong but will it stay on when you put it in your front pocket? That’s a totally different scenario. Your pants are going to catch it. From what I’ve seen, it doesn’t stay on. Which would make it worthless to me.
    Not really if it’s that strong to hold the phone and when you go to take it off you have to put a little bit of force behind pulling it off. But if what you’ve seen in videos tells you otherwise then maybe it isn’t for you.
    12-06-2020 02:21 PM
    For my use case its worthless, more specifically, the mag safe charger. The cable is too damn short. I’d pick up the Belkin car Mount if it were a wireless charger at that price point.
    12-10-2020 07:49 AM
    It's a gimmick
    Tunji99 likes this.
    12-13-2020 10:21 PM
    It charges my phone much faster than anything else. Outside of that, it’s just a charger.
    12-14-2020 01:27 AM
    Unless you purchase apple accessories it’s worthless.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    12-14-2020 02:27 AM
    So far I love the charger and wallet. I’m hoping for a MagSafe compatible car holder that will charge the phone too.
    12-14-2020 02:47 PM
    12-15-2020 09:41 PM
    I have done fine charging as I have. Not interested in the mag charging. I have a Belkin wireless phone/watch combo charging unit.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-18-2020 12:18 AM
    I have done fine charging as I have. Not interested in the mag charging. I have a Belkin wireless phone/watch combo charging unit.
    i do have the Belkin combo too. While it worked well with the larger phones like the 11 Pro or 12, even with the SE20, it does not work for the 12 mini. The mini seems to be too short to reach the position of the charging coils, maybe?
    So I bought the magsafe charger, which works ok. Nothing spectacular, the snap in positioning is convenient but nothing to write home about. Now I'm thinking of replacing it with the duo version. I like the small size compared to other dual solutions - the magsafe feature for the phone is nice to have, and the Watch was mag-saf'd from the beginning on anyway.
    However, a magsafe feature is not a must have for me.
    12-18-2020 06:35 AM
    My belkin isn’t working unless phone is not in the case. Weird. I purchased a case from Verizon like one I had for my 11 pro
    12-18-2020 08:04 AM
    I like it. I have a car holder that works perfect with my apple silicon case and I also bought a wireless charger with MagSafe that works perfectly.
    12-18-2020 12:05 PM
36 12