12 Pro Max lens flare and artifacts.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Coming from XS Max, it seems like lens flare is noticeably worse in night and low light photos. Am I alone on this? Might it be the particular camera build I have?

Thank you.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Coming from XS Max, it seems like lens flare is noticeably worse in night and low light photos. Am I alone on this? Might it be the particular camera build I have?

Thank you.

It’s a common occurence.
I don’t mind nor care about it.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It’s a common occurence.
I don’t mind nor care about it.

Are you saying yes, it's more obvious with a 12 Pro Max, or a common smart phone problem? I know it's present in lots of phones but it is REALLY obvious in some photos and more than the XS Max still in the family.

Thank you.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Are you saying yes, it's more obvious with a 12 Pro Max, or a common smart phone problem? I know it's present in lots of phones but it is REALLY obvious in some photos and more than the XS Max still in the family.

Thank you.

I say it’s a common occurrence on the 12 Pro and Pro Max.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I’ve noticed it’s not better or worse than any other iPhone or any other phone for that matter that I’ve had.

We've been doing a lot of tests with 7, 8, XS, 11 and 12 family phones in our family (the house and on hikes). The night photo artifacts are much more of a noticeable issue with the newer phones as much as they offer other improvements in photography. This is same phones, all at latest software, same shots taken with default camera apps.