Pro 12 user here, purchased an unlocked 12 mini.

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
I’ve been with Apple plus and max sized phones since the 6S. Traded in my 11 Pro Max for the 12 Pro wanting a little smaller screen and I had no regrets on that. 6.1 inches feels right and I got use to it quick. I now have the mini 12 as a secondary phone and let me tell you, this thing feels great in the hands and I have large hands. Super light and fits easily in my pockets, sometimes I even forget I have a phone on me. I keep going to the mini and now my pro 12 just sits around unless I change sims and use it from time to time. Loving small phones once again I guess haha. Anyone else dig the mini?

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I have the 12 and the mini and feel the same as the OP. The mini is very loveable and feels like there is nothing I can't do with it that I would do on a larger device. I often put both phones next to each other's and open the same app or website to compare. I constantly find myself thinking 'what is the benefit of the larger display now?'. Yes there is a little more content on a larger display, but you won't even notice if you don't compare side by side.
I still have not made a decision yet on whether to keep the 12 or the mini, but have a strong inclination to go for the mini at the moment.
Battery is ok, even the 12 will not last 2 full days, so I have to charge them every night anyway. And my mini shows 25 to 45 % battery after a day of regular use, before I put it on the charger.
Just to give you an idea of how good the mini feels to me: I had the SE2020 before (gave it away already). And when I compared it to the 12, I instantly felt that I wanted the larger screen. I almost never have that feeling with the mini. Oh yes, and the battery of the SE was much worse than the mini's.

What would be reasons for me to go for a bigger screen?
Extensive video watching & gaming
Extensive book reading (Kindle feels better on a larger screen with more content)
That's basically it. Everything else is perfectly fine on the mini.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I’ve been with Apple plus and max sized phones since the 6S. Traded in my 11 Pro Max for the 12 Pro wanting a little smaller screen and I had no regrets on that. 6.1 inches feels right and I got use to it quick. I now have the mini 12 as a secondary phone and let me tell you, this thing feels great in the hands and I have large hands. Super light and fits easily in my pockets, sometimes I even forget I have a phone on me. I keep going to the mini and now my pro 12 just sits around unless I change sims and use it from time to time. Loving small phones once again I guess haha. Anyone else dig the mini?

I wish they made the mini a little thicker to accommodate a bigger battery. I would've picked one up in a heartbeat if it had decent battery life.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I tried going back to a smaller device last year with the 11 pro. It felt good to be back on a smaller device. But a few months later really wanted to go back to a larger screen as media consumption and battery life was not great on the the regular 11 Pro. So I'm back to the 12 Pro Max and really love the larger screen and will no longer sacrifice battery and bigger screen for size convenience.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I went from the iPhone 11 Pro Max to the iPhone 12 Pro without any regrets. As I’ve stated in a different thread, I like the size of the iPhone 12 Pro better than that of the iPhone X.

Arkidelik

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site
I usually like larger phones myself. I went from an 11 Pro Max, to a Note 20 Ultra, and ultimately back to Apple, with a 12 Pro. I actually enjoy this particular screen size, more than I thought I would.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
At a tmobile store now they are giving me 730 for my iphone 11 and get a free mimi can't beat the deal. I have the note 20 which is bigger than the pro max so I don't need a 2 big phone. I am only loosing a few small camera options and battery life.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I went from the iPhone 11 Pro to the 12 Pro and I have no regrets making the upgrade. I did look at a mini while I was at the Apple store and was going to pull the trigger and get one, but after playing around with the 12 Pro, I decided to go that route. Not saying I might grab a mini down the road.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I went from the iPhone 11 Pro to the 12 Pro and I have no regrets making the upgrade. I did look at a mini while I was at the Apple store and was going to pull the trigger and get one, but after playing around with the 12 Pro, I decided to go that route. Not saying I might grab a mini down the road.

The iPhone 12 Pro, in my opinion, is both small enough and large enough. I like it’s size better than that of the iPhone X.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77