iphone 11 pro max or iphone 12

centuryold

Nov 26, 2020
Visit site
Hey i'm cyrrently carrying iphone X and planning to upgrade it. And as per the reviews read online, most of them says, 11 pro max and iphone 12 has no much difference. So, any take on this people?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
If you compare Max to Max and value the camera a 12 Pro Max has definite functional advantages. Low light and the 2.5 x zoom. The metro areas I work in most have Verizon 5G coverage, and Verizon has put 5G coverage in a few spots that had poor coverage. I find that to be an advantage because the phone's definitely a tool for my work.

A few I know still chose an 11 because their carriers made it a sweet deal. They also came from lesser phones than yours.

In my case we replaced a kid's older troubled phone as part of the upgrade, I knew I wanted the superior camera, and a 12 was a significant move for future proof because of the amount of 5G coverage where I am. I don't know your use. I'm a demanding user (IT admin) who depends on these things so what I value might not apply to others.

So far 14.2.1 on, I have no regrets. All those I know with a 12 family are happy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey i'm cyrrently carrying iphone X and planning to upgrade it. And as per the reviews read online, most of them says, 11 pro max and iphone 12 has no much difference. So, any take on this people?

In my opinion, upgrading from an iPhone 11 Pro Max to an iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max is not necessary even though I did. Yes, the iPhone 12 Pro is faster and has a better camera, but the things I do say to day can still be done without any issues via my iPhone 11 Pro Max that I still have.

With that being said, if you’re set on getting the iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max then go for it and you will notice an increase in performance coming from an iPhone X.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
In my opinion, upgrading from an iPhone 11 Pro Max to an iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max is not necessary even though I did. Yes, the iPhone 12 Pro is faster and has a better camera, but the things I do say to day can still be done without any issues via my iPhone 11 Pro Max that I still have.

With that being said, if you’re set on getting the iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max then go for it and you will notice an increase in performance coming from an iPhone X.

For me it really want about camera is device speed. I don’t notice a huge difference from there. For me it was about a retro design change and having good 5G in my area.
4db223a85b89170eb43c1d9ea4f14766.png

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I had the 11 Pro and was going to upgrade to the new 12 mini, but after playing with the new 12 Pro and seeing the new camera features, I decided the get the 12 Pro and so far I like the device and think the upgrade was well worth it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I had the 11 Pro and was going to upgrade to the new 12 mini, but after playing with the new 12 Pro and seeing the new camera features, I decided the get the 12 Pro and so far I like the device and think the upgrade was well worth it.

They’re very refined devices...as usual.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I went from an iPhone X to a 12 Pro. I wanted the 512gb of storage as I have a huge digital music collection and streaming from Apple Music/Apple Match via cellular is not possible in the areas I spend a lot of time where there is limited cell coverage. There is no 5g coverage near me, and there won’t be for a few years. The iPhone 12 doesn’t do much more than the iPhone X did. I’m not a huge photographer, so the camera may or may not be of value down the road. I upgrade every couple of generations so it was time. But if I had an iPhone 11 Pro Max I’d keep it until the next model is released.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I had the 11 pro max. I am able to upgrade every year. I chose to do so and the 128 gig is fine for me. I did have 256 gig 11 pro but I don’t need that. It is on my iPad Air 4 tho because 64 gig is not enough. I am enjoying the 12. It’s faster. 5G is a plus for me
The camera is amazing. Am also saving monthly on my Verizon bill and that’s a definite plus!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711