12 Pro Max getting warm!!

Raneciansamaiya

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone experienced there iPhone 12 (any of the 12 series) running warm when when using the camera? I have been taking photos all weekend and noticed that when I have the camera app open using it to take photos my phone will get warm on the back near the camera. I've only noticed it when I'm running the camera in the last couple of days only. I don't game and am not heavy on my phone usuage. I haven't changed the camera setting, I don't use 5G (I heard that can make your phone warm because it's very intense on your device to get good speeds) I honestly don't do anything crazy intense on my device. I'm trying to figure out if this is a phone issue or a setting maybe in my phone. Thinking of doing a hard reset and see if that helps. Any suggestions?

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
How warm? I have used my 12 Pro for a number of photos before as well as video at my sisters wedding. It got good and warm, but I was certain that was because of the video recording which of course uses more battery power than just taking pictures. To see if I could get the same results as you, I set my phone up on the photo taking mode and just left it for half an hour. It did get very slightly warm. Like, to the point where it was just barely noticeable.

Raneciansamaiya

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
How warm? I have used my 12 Pro for a number of photos before as well as video at my sisters wedding. It got good and warm, but I was certain that was because of the video recording which of course uses more battery power than just taking pictures. To see if I could get the same results as you, I set my phone up on the photo taking mode and just left it for half an hour. It did get very slightly warm. Like, to the point where it was just barely noticeable.

Definitely warm to where I noticed it, but not like burning. It was weird because I had a case on it (Casetify kinda thin not to thick) and I could still notice the warming. With my iPhone 11 Pro Max it never got warm.

Is there any settings you have or changed to help the fact that it barely gets warm? I can't figure out what I could be doing different. Here are my battery settings.

Attachments

• 036FF83B-F559-4690-B994-2BD0E1263045.jpeg
    036FF83B-F559-4690-B994-2BD0E1263045.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 73517073-890B-425D-AA35-58BDC310E4A9.jpeg
    73517073-890B-425D-AA35-58BDC310E4A9.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 1

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone experienced there iPhone 12 (any of the 12 series) running warm when when using the camera? I have been taking photos all weekend and noticed that when I have the camera app open using it to take photos my phone will get warm on the back near the camera. I've only noticed it when I'm running the camera in the last couple of days only. I don't game and am not heavy on my phone usuage. I haven't changed the camera setting, I don't use 5G (I heard that can make your phone warm because it's very intense on your device to get good speeds) I honestly don't do anything crazy intense on my device. I'm trying to figure out if this is a phone issue or a setting maybe in my phone. Thinking of doing a hard reset and see if that helps. Any suggestions?

I haven’t taken many photos with my iPhone 12 Pro, but I have been talking on it quite a bit as well as a good deal FaceTime use and the first day or two I had it, the phone got really warm, but I haven’t experienced it since. Just so we’re clear, I’ve experienced similar warmth with my previous iPhone models “on occasion”.

With that being said, how long do you have the camera app open before the device starts heating up?

Raneciansamaiya

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven’t taken many photos with my iPhone 12 Pro, but I have been talking on it quite a bit as well as a good deal FaceTime use and the first day or two I had it, the phone got really warm, but I haven’t experienced it since. Just so we’re clear, I’ve experienced similar warmth with my previous iPhone models “on occasion”.

With that being said, how long do you have the camera app open before the device starts heating up?

Not very long... Maybe with 15 minutes if gets warm.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m noticing the occasional warmth too but that’s just to be expected when you’re taking photos, use it for navigation or run an app that requires some more processing power from the phone.
I don’t think it’s harmful, therefore I ignore it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m noticing the occasional warmth too but that’s just to be expected when you’re taking photos, use it for navigation or run an app that requires some more processing power from the phone.
I don’t think it’s harmful, therefore I ignore it.

Agreed....:)

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Normal, matter of fact getting warm on the casing means the thermal system is working. If it was cold all that heat is being trapped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234