Every year I always get the new iPhone until this year.
    I have the 11 pro max midnight 512Gb version and I’m I love it.
    I’ve seen tons of videos and can’t seem to see wether it’s worth the upgrade.
    I’m from Australia so our 5G is basically non existent or limited.

Photo quality I can barely tell the difference between the 12Pro max.

Anyone find it worth it over the 11 pro max?
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-18-2020 01:55 AM
    I upgraded from the 11 max to the 12 max. It’s not much of an upgrade to be honest. I did it because I always like to have the latest and greatest.
    The phone is a little faster , a little bigger , and having the lidar and 5g is future proofing.
    11-18-2020 03:46 AM
    To me, it’s a personal preference, I’m upgrading from the 11 pro max to 12 pro max. I’m waiting for it to be delivered now. Currently using 12 pro.
    11-18-2020 04:38 AM
    As others have said, it’s all personal choice. I upgraded from an 11 Pro to a 12 Pro and I think it’s worth the upgrade.

My business partner also upgraded from a 11 Pro Max to the 12 Pro Max and he also likes it. He also likes to additional speed of 5G. I say if you have the financial resources to do, go for it.
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-18-2020 05:26 AM
    Unless you NEED 5G and a little better camera, then stay with the 11.
    Chuck_IV likes this.
    11-18-2020 05:29 AM
    I also feel the pull of a new device but my 11 Pro Max green 256GB is such a sweet device that as of now I’m planning on keeping it till the iPhone 13 Super Pro Max with a built in coffee maker comes out
    11-18-2020 08:36 AM
    I also feel the pull of a new device but my 11 Pro Max green 256GB is such a sweet device that as of now I’m planning on keeping it till the iPhone 13 Super Pro Max with a built in coffee maker comes out
    LOL . I feel the same way about my 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256gb as well.
    kataran likes this.
    11-18-2020 08:53 AM
    LOL . I feel the same way about my 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256gb as well.
    It’s been almost a week and you haven’t got yourself a 12 Pro Max yet?
    You keep surprising me.
    11-18-2020 09:29 AM
    You're just waiting for the folding iPhone with a built-in condom wallet.
    BreakingKayfabe and kataran like this.
    11-18-2020 10:53 AM
    It’s been almost a week and you haven’t got yourself a 12 Pro Max yet?
    You keep surprising me.
    Nope, not this year Yuk. My 11 Midnight Green Pro Max 256gb is doing just fine.
    kataran likes this.
    11-18-2020 11:37 AM
    I wish Midnight Green had been offered for the 12 PM. I like that color better than the Pacific Blue.
    ThePinkChameleon and Chuck_IV like this.
    11-18-2020 11:43 AM
    I wish Midnight Green had been offered for the 12 PM. I like that color better than the Pacific Blue.
    To be honest, so do I
    11-18-2020 11:49 AM
    Unless you NEED 5G and a little better camera, then stay with the 11.
    Came here to say the same.

To add to this, right now, there are quite a few having issues with a yellowish tint and possibly less bright screen.

If you don’t need the 5g/better camera now, I would, at least, wait a bit so these quality control issues can be resolved.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-18-2020 12:29 PM
    I switched from the 11 pro max for 2 reasons... 1 I wanted the flat screen/square body design ( I loved the 4-5s design) #2 I wanted 5G, not that it's massively out in my are but if for some reason I don't like the 13 I'll still have 5g and be ok for the future
    Raneciansamaiya likes this.
    11-18-2020 01:02 PM
    This Pacific Blue is soooooo nice.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-18-2020 01:36 PM
    This Pacific Blue is soooooo nice.
    LOL ...I see what you did there.
    11-18-2020 01:50 PM
    So I switched to the iPhone 12 Pro Max from the iPhone 11 Pro Max because of a few things... The new size, design, gold color, MagSafe and camera tweaks!! Now with the changes the 12 Pro Max stands out from am the new iPhones, not just by have a larger display. It was well worth the upgrade to me.
    kataran likes this.
    11-18-2020 02:01 PM
    Come on, man. You know you want to......Go ahead and make that Store appointment...You got this!
    11-18-2020 03:42 PM
    Come on, man. You know you want to......Go ahead and make that Store appointment...You got this!
    kataran likes this.
    11-18-2020 04:57 PM
    Every year I always get the new iPhone until this year.
    I have the 11 pro max midnight 512Gb version and I’m I love it.
    I’ve seen tons of videos and can’t seem to see wether it’s worth the upgrade.
    I’m from Australia so our 5G is basically non existent or limited.

Photo quality I can barely tell the difference between the 12Pro max.

Anyone find it worth it over the 11 pro max?
    I have the 12 Pro Max and the only thing I like about it is the 5G. The 11 Pro Max is a nicer to hold device. I am one that does not like the shape of the 12 series. The screen on the 12 Pro Max is a little nicer, but I would switch back to the 11 Pro Max in a second if it had 5G. I am trying different cases to compensate, but so far, no success. One possibility will be here tomorrow, so I have hope. But unless 5G is important to you (it is to me as the 4G in my neighborhood is oversold) then stay with the 11 PM.
    kataran and phlamethrowre like this.
    11-18-2020 05:23 PM
    Wait! I want that! When is the preorder on that model? If Apple came out with that, they would OWN the market. Samsung would be a distant memory. At least until you find the weight is 5 lbs and requires a special version of Magsafe to charge that takes a 120V plug in. Ah, but one could hope
    kataran likes this.
    11-18-2020 05:28 PM
    I see all kinds of inventory popping up all day when I check the Apple store app. So don’t keep checking the Apple store app if you don’t want to buy a new 12 Pro Max.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-18-2020 06:57 PM
    It's very nice and like many model changes - incremental upgrades. Some years more than others. Not having 5G service might be an issue. If you really value the extra zoom and other new camera capabilities you might have a yes on your hands.
    11-18-2020 07:11 PM
    I see all kinds of inventory popping up all day when I check the Apple store app. So don’t keep checking the Apple store app if you don’t want to buy a new 12 Pro Max.
    LOL ...I won't. It seems like my iPhone 11 Pro Max has become smoother and wicked faster....not sure what happened, but no need to upgrade.
    kataran likes this.
    11-18-2020 08:47 PM
    I have the 12 Pro Max and the only thing I like about it is the 5G. The 11 Pro Max is a nicer to hold device. I am one that does not like the shape of the 12 series. The screen on the 12 Pro Max is a little nicer, but I would switch back to the 11 Pro Max in a second if it had 5G. I am trying different cases to compensate, but so far, no success. One possibility will be here tomorrow, so I have hope. But unless 5G is important to you (it is to me as the 4G in my neighborhood is oversold) then stay with the 11 PM.
    I thought I wouldn’t like the new design because of the feel. But with a case on it(I use a silicone case), it’s not that much different then the 11 pro Max.

The two things that are a really nice upgrade are 5g(obviously, if it’s available to you) and IMO HDR/Dolby Vision video.

I record a lot of video and having just upgraded my TV to something that can do DV, it’s nice to be able to record in DV.

About the only thing I’m disappointed in(not Apples fault) is Filmic Pro’s support for DV is only up to 30fps and not 60fps like Apple’s camera app and even Pro Camera’s video. But that’s for another thread.
    11-18-2020 11:04 PM
34 12