ATT and 5G SIM card

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Rather pleasant that the bill went down...

My current bill for Cellular 2-iPhones 1-iPad pro 2-Apple Watches w/ Unlimited Data = $132 a month
Base 5G Play = $192 a month = $60 more per month = $720 a year.

Not sure I would trust what ATT says about 5G in my area anyway... when 2 out of 5 of my phone calls are dropped at home for lost signal.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
This is what ATT is calling 5G in my area. The 115 is actually on 5GE. It’s a lot faster than the actual 5G.

e7b6f1a419d2bb472ad6bd5a35911d7a.jpg

justin_aga

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have at&t they changed my plan, gave me hbo max and the bill is cheaper. Unlimited. I think I need a new sim because twice I couldn't access data. Had to reboot my phone .

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
When I got my 12 Pro I had to call ATT and I had to switch my old plan that I had for years grandfathered in. I had to switch to a 5G plan and it actually costs me less per month than my previous. Once that happened 5G was enabled on the phone. Here in Arizona 5G is scarce, but I did get 5G connections in a few spots around Phoenix And Maricopa area.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Someone on another forum just explained to me that with ATT, you have to obtain a plan/service, that includes 5G, i.e. pay ATT more a month!
And, with that, you get a new white SIM card.

Ugh! Is all I can say to that...

I went through this with Verizon. Some sales person in the store told me I needed to change my service plan if I wanted to upgrade from my iPhone X to an iPhone 12. She tried to tell me I could only upgrade to an iPhone 11.

I have a great plan now, and the new 5g plan they wanted to ‘upgrade’ me to would have cost an additional $40/month for a couple of phones, iPads and an AW6). To make matters worse, I’m in upstate NY where 5g won’t be built out for a couple of years, so I’d be paying for nothing.

After searching this forum, I ultimately ordered an iPhone 12 Pro directly from Apple. Initially, I pulled the SIM card from my old iPhone X and installed it in my new phone. This got me up and running, but I got error messages telling me to is it my provider and get a 5g SIM card. I went to Verizon and was given a new 5g SIM card at no charge. I think Verizon did charge me $20 to switch the phones on my account. This didn’t change my plan.

I won’t bother paying for 5g until is available in my market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner