Should I get an Apple leather wallet w/MagSafe for my new iPhone 12?

loulouOz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I have order a 12 pro max Pacific Blue 256gb, that will arrive on Friday, yeah!!
I will use it without any case whatsoever.

However, I am starting to like the Apple leather wallet with MagSafe... should I go crazy and get one? Maybe I will go to an Apple store once I receive the phone to play with the wallets.

What about you??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I’ve got a problem...

If you want to use an Apple leather case with your new iPhone then go ahead and use one. You can always remove it whenever you like. Right?

loulouOz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: I’ve got a problem...

If you want to use an Apple leather case with your new iPhone then go ahead and use one. You can always remove it whenever you like. Right?

Sure, but is it reasonable when I just spent $2019 (Australia) on the phone!

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I am talking about the wallet. I think it’s actually pretty smart. Can probably put my work card, my commute card and a couple of notes in it.
By just looking at pictures/watching videos on the wallet that are out already, I believe it to be not very practical. I think you'll have to remove it from the phone's back in order to pull out cards. Also, there are videos of people showing how easily it falls off if putting the phone with the wallet attached into tight jeans pockets, and there is a chance you won't even notice. So for me, that's probably a no way for the Apple wallet. This might change once I can touch & try it, but honestly I don't think so.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am too worried about it falling off... seems too dangerous based on the few video reviews I have seen. Too huge of a risk to lose a Drivers Licence and Credit Cards. I am going to take a hard pass.

loulouOz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
By just looking at pictures/watching videos on the wallet that are out already, I believe it to be not very practical. I think you'll have to remove it from the phone's back in order to pull out cards. Also, there are videos of people showing how easily it falls off if putting the phone with the wallet attached into tight jeans pockets, and there is a chance you won't even notice. So for me, that's probably a no way for the Apple wallet. This might change once I can touch & try it, but honestly I don't think so.

The wallet is fine, it’s actually meant to be like this. If it is too sticky, it would be very annoying to take it off to get the cards. Instead, it is easy to take it off in your pocket, pull a card and use it, then pop it back on directly in the pocket without taking your phone out. Works like a charm!

loulouOz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I am too worried about it falling off... seems too dangerous based on the few video reviews I have seen. Too huge of a risk to lose a Drivers Licence and Credit Cards. I am going to take a hard pass.

It’s actually fine. Check my comment above. I’m loving it. I use it with 3 cards or 2 cards and a couple of notes.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It’s actually fine. Check my comment above. I’m loving it. I use it with 3 cards or 2 cards and a couple of notes.

How does it charge with Magsafe and how many cards can you fit. I can't just leave with one-two cards and a DL. I carry at least 4 cards plus DL plus I would need some cash "just in case" and my insurance (Health Card / Auto Card) etc. Can it hold 10 items w/o issue? Can it charge with 10-items?

It seems like it will only "supplement" a wallet.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

It’s meant to be taken off the phone to get the cards out. Also for it falling off, the videos make it seem easy to fall off but after actually seeing it I have a hard time believing it’ll just fall off putting it in your pocket unless the person is really rough and careless with how they use it.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I just bought mine yesterday. Love it to bits.
536303b2bf0def85b74cb3aa6bf374cc.jpg

loulouOz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I have had mine for a few weeks now, pretty cool. Can only hold 3 cards or 2 and some notes. Love the combo colours.
26bbf8bc22b10046b2ea4d20af644407.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices