Metllicamilita got his iPhone 12 Blue today ..

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I can understand why @Tartarus created this thread. The delivery process and initial epic failure by the courier were horrifying... it was a complete saga... nothing anyone should have to endure.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Well then, may as well put the timeline up.

UPS MyChoice default settings, delivery to complex office, signature release. My brother was off and I asked him to stay home until I got home. Changed delivery settings to deliver to front door, signature release.

Friday
9:00am - Out for Delivery, delivery by 9:00pm
11:00am - Map tracking available
I am checking in at this point
3:00pm - I get home, off early
3:15pm - UPS is parked roughly 200 feet or so outside my building delivering to the building next door. Then across the street, down the road, and every other building. UPS has a history of failing to follow my delivery instructions so I wait to see if they deliver to the office. They do not.
5:00pm - UPS has been delivering in the housing area across the street and is now leaving my area. Now I jump to Twitter. “Customer Support” tells me the truck I have seen must not be the truck that has my iPhone. Keep tracking it.
6:00pm - UPS is moving even further away. I jump onto Twitter again. “Customer Support” tells me to keep tracking, it says it will be delivered by 9:00pm.
7:00pm - UPS is back at the sorting facility. Now I call UPS directly. They say they can’t connect me to the facility, tell me they must be changing drivers, keep tracking. I also jump on Twitter again, and get the same response.
8:00pm - The sorting facility is now closed, the truck has not moved. I call UPS again. They tell me they can’t do anything because the facility is closed. They must be changing drivers. Keep tracking. They will send a notice to the facility.
9:00pm - UPS has moved the truck inside the building now. I call them again. They can’t do anything because it’s closed. They’ve already sent a message to the facility. Keep tracking it.
11:00pm - The tracking map goes offline, the truck has not moved. This is the last I see of the map. Delivery rescheduled for Monday.

Saturday
7:00am - I show up to the sorting facility. It is only 20 minutes from me. It’s closed on the weekend to customers. No one will look at me or approach me at the gate.
7:30am - I leave. I have been quite livid at the lack of actual support and being told I’m wrong at this point. I am still not calm.
9:00am - The manager of the sorting facility calls me in response to the message that was left. I went through the events again. He asked what he could do. I said you can meet me at the gate with my package. Deliver it to my door. Or send it to a UPS store. He said he can’t do anything of those things. I explained Monday didn’t work and that if he couldn’t correct the situation that day, he was of no more use than the “customer support.” I hung up.

Monday
8:00am - I am at the sorting facility again. To catch them before the truck leaves.
8:30am - I am finally speaking to someone. They check my order and say the truck left at 8:00am.
9:15am - Out for Delivery. I will never see a tracking map.
5:00pm - I get home from work, I drive down by the apartment office to see if UPS is there, the office will close soon and I did not update my delivery instructions for the current attempt. Default is to the office. Now I drive back by my building and update the instructions (they usually do not bother anyway).
5:15pm - UPS shows up and parks about 200 feet away from my building. I approach the driver, he had one package and is heading toward my building. I comment it is likely my package. It is. He tells me he couldn’t find my apartment and had returned even this day to try again.

November
Wednesday Evening - After spending time troubleshooting why I am not receiving messages from my father. T-Mobile decided to send me a new SIM card, I should receive it by Friday.
Thursday 4:45pm - I get home from work, after receiving emails of a failed delivery attempt from UPS. There is a notice on my door that delivery was attempted and failed. It will be delivered to a UPS Store the next day. My default instructions are to delivery to the complex office, signature release.
Friday 5:00pm - I get to the UPS Store and pick up my package with my SIM card.
Sometime in the next few days - I get a customer support email asking to rate my latest UPS service. I give a low rating and explain that they mess up 99% of my orders and that “customer support” is useless as they refused to do anything.
Friday the next week - The sorting facility manager calls me again in response to my report form. I explain to him the events again and how no one would do anything. I explain the drivers almost exclusively ignore my delivery instructions. He said it was one of his best drivers who is good. I mentally scoff. He tells me he will speak with the driver and find out what happened.

I do not expect anything to come of us. After these events I wondered if I had forgotten and that FedEx was better. I had a case for review shipped from the Netherlands that reached Memphis on October 27th. It shows in transit. After two weeks I contacted FedEx. They said it arrived empty. No one told me anything. It still shows in transit.

At this point, I would very much like to be given a choice of shipper. I would choose USPS every time. All jokes aside, they don’t screw up my deliveries and delivery as promised.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

UPS MyChoice default settings, delivery to complex office, signature release. My brother was off and I asked him to stay home until I got home. Changed delivery settings to deliver to front door, signature release.

Friday
3:15pm - UPS is parked roughly 200 feet or so outside my building delivering to the building next door. Then across the street, down the road, and every other building. UPS has a history of failing to follow my delivery instructions so I wait to see if they deliver to the office. They do not.
5:00pm - UPS has been delivering in the housing area across the street and is now leaving my area. Now I jump to Twitter. “Customer Support” tells me the truck I have seen must not be the truck that has my iPhone. Keep tracking it.
6:00pm - UPS is moving even further away. I jump onto Twitter again. “Customer Support” tells me to keep tracking, it says it will be delivered by 9:00pm.
7:00pm - UPS is back at the sorting facility. Now I call UPS directly. They say they can’t connect me to the facility, tell me they must be changing drivers, keep tracking. I also jump on Twitter again, and get the same response.
8:00pm - The sorting facility is now closed, the truck has not moved. I call UPS again. They tell me they can’t do anything because the facility is closed. They must be changing drivers. Keep tracking. They will send a notice to the facility.
9:00pm - UPS has moved the truck inside the building now. I call them again. They can’t do anything because it’s closed. They’ve already sent a message to the facility. Keep tracking it.
11:00pm - The tracking map goes offline, the truck has not moved. This is the last I see of the map. Delivery rescheduled for Monday.

Saturday
7:00am - I show up to the sorting facility. It is only 20 minutes from me. It’s closed on the weekend to customers. No one will look at me or approach me at the gate.
7:30am - I leave. I have been quite livid at the lack of actual support and being told I’m wrong at this point. I am still not calm.
9:00am - The manager of the sorting facility calls me in response to the message that was left. I went through the events again. He asked what he could do. I said you can meet me at the gate with my package. Deliver it to my door. Or send it to a UPS store. He said he can’t do anything of those things. I explained Monday didn’t work and that if he couldn’t correct the situation that day, he was of no more use than the “customer support.” I hung up.

Monday
8:00am - I am at the sorting facility again. To catch them before the truck leaves.
8:30am - I am finally speaking to someone. They check my order and say the truck left at 8:00am.
5:00pm - I get home from work, I drive down by the apartment office to see if UPS is there, the office will close soon and I did not update my delivery instructions for the current attempt. Default is to the office. Now I drive back by my building and update the instructions (they usually do not bother anyway).
5:15pm - UPS shows up and parks about 200 feet away from my building. I approach the driver, he had one package and is heading toward my building. I comment it is likely my package. It is. He tells me he couldn’t find my apartment and had returned even this day to try again.

November
Wednesday Evening - After spending time troubleshooting why I am not receiving messages from my father. T-Mobile decided to send me a new SIM card, I should receive it by Friday.
Thursday 4:45pm - I get home from work, after receiving emails of a failed delivery attempt from UPS. There is a notice on my door that delivery was attempted and failed. It will be delivered to a UPS Store the next day. My default instructions are to delivery to the complex office, signature release.
Sometime in the next few days - I get a customer support email asking to rate my latest UPS service. I give a low rating and explain that they mess up 99% of my orders and that “customer support” is useless as they refused to do anything.
Friday the next week - The sorting facility manager calls me again in response to my report form. I explain to him the events again and how no one would do anything. I explain the drivers almost exclusively ignore my delivery instructions. He said it was one of his best drivers who is good. I mentally scoff. He tells me he will speak with the driver and find out what happened.

I do not expect anything to come of us. After these events I wondered if I had forgotten and that FedEx was better. I had a case for review shipped from the Netherlands that reached Memphis on October 27th. It shows in transit. After two weeks I contacted FedEx. They said it arrived empty. No one told me anything. It still shows in transit.

At this point, I would very much like to be given a choice of shipper. I would choose USPS every time. All jokes aside, they don’t screw up my deliveries and delivery as promised.

Dang, dude. I’m sorry you had to go through all of that.

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site

Friday

Saturday

Monday

November

Wow! and you probably said this out loud...

giphy.gif

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Friday

Saturday

Monday

November

I don’t know why, but I was really enthralled with this. I can relate because I know a thing or two about delivery drivers ignoring instructions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711