Not only will it make imprints on cases but I'm pretty sure it'll make a mark on the phones finish over time if you don’t use a case.

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/10/23...leather-cases/
    10-24-2020 09:16 AM
    I can indeed see how the heat could cause the circular imprint on a leather case, but I’m not so sure about causing one to appear on the phone itself.
    10-24-2020 09:19 AM
    I can indeed see how the heat could cause the circular imprint on a leather case, but I’m not so sure about causing one to appear on the phone itself.
    Since it can swivel around over time I can see it showing some wear and tear. Especially on the glossy backed models.
    10-24-2020 09:26 AM
    Since it can swivel around over time I can see it showing some wear and tear. Especially on the glossy backed models.
    Yeah, but how much time will have to pass before the imprint shows up? What about the people who will use the Mag Safe part of the time due to having other traditional chargers? Is it possible? Sure. Is it probable? That’s unknown, in my opinion.
    10-24-2020 09:38 AM
    Yeah, but how much time will have to pass before the imprint shows up? What about the people who will use the Mag Safe part of the time due to having other traditional chargers? Is it possible? Sure. Is it probable? That’s unknown, in my opinion.
    Yes, but who really wants to find out. Lol Why risk it when they're alternatives. My post was to just give visibility to the potential issue.
    10-24-2020 09:42 AM
    Yes, but who really wants to find out. Lol Why risk it when they're alternatives. My post was to just give visibility to the potential issue.
    Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with your post or comments therein. The fact that Apple admits it’s a possibility a reason to give pause, but again, what’s the likelihood of it happening to the masses?

I’m not interested in the mag safe at all and I haven’t used a wireless charger in quite some time. The charging cable that came with my iPhone is sufficient for me. Know what I mean?
    10-24-2020 09:48 AM
    Not only will it make imprints on cases but I'm pretty sure it'll make a mark on the phones finish over time if you don’t use a case.
    https://www.macrumors.com/2020/10/23...leather-cases/
    Seeing that the backs are glass then the phones themselves will most likely scratch up the metal ring on the MagSafe, at worst. But then again you could be right. We’ll know soon enough.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-24-2020 11:17 AM
    Well, it’s definitely food for thought! Since my iPhones will always have a case, I’m not too worried about it. But for those who prefer their iPhones to go commando (sorry if my attempt at humor is offensive), they could always buy an inexpensive case to use while charging.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-24-2020 12:04 PM
    I don’t care about scratching.
    I’m gonna get a Mag Safe charger and a USB-C 20W brick as soon as I preorder my iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Gold
    comiken205, aximtreo and kataran like this.
    10-24-2020 12:13 PM
    I'm not really feeling any of the Mag Safe items. Seems like a money grab to me. I'm pretty sure we already have plenty of charging devices for Apple products.
    Tartarus, Spencerdl and popkurn611 like this.
    10-25-2020 08:07 AM
    I'm not really feeling any of the Mag Safe items. Seems like a money grab to me. I'm pretty sure we already have plenty of charging devices for Apple products.
    Yes and no.
    I already have a charging dock, like the ones you see in Apple Stores displayed.
    It’s just that if I wiggle my iPhone a little, it stops charging and when I wiggle more it charges again.
    After 4 years that thing has seen tear and wear.
    I want to do away with it and use something that doesn’t tear my charging port up.
    I don’t even care about the charging speed, as my iPhone will be on the charger during bed time.

So yes; I’m gonna get a mag safe charger for my bed room and one for the living room.
    kataran likes this.
    10-25-2020 08:28 AM
    Yes and no.
    I already have a charging dock, like the ones you see in Apple Stores displayed.
    It’s just that if I wiggle my iPhone a little, it stops charging and when I wiggle more it charges again.
    After 4 years that thing has seen tear and wear.
    I want to do away with it and use something that doesn’t tear my charging port up.
    I don’t even care about the charging speed, as my iPhone will be on the charger during bed time.

So yes; I’m gonna get a mag safe charger for my bed room and one for the living room.
    You can get a cheap wireless charger to do what you want. I think the one I have, we paid $15 for back in 2018
    etad putta likes this.
    10-25-2020 10:25 AM
    You can get a cheap wireless charger to do what you want. I think the one I have, we paid $15 for back in 2018
    I bought an accessory that makes your phone stand up on your bed stand. It’s nice to have the wireless charger attached to the back of the phone.
    A wireless QI charger wouldn’t fit my needs. And what’s $49 on a $1200 device anyway.
    I really love the idea of the MagSafe and was sold immediately.

I used to buy cheap 3rd party accessories, but not anymore. I love the feel and design of original  accessories too much.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 10-25-2020 at 11:29 AM.
    10-25-2020 10:42 AM
    I'm with you. Menards a while back had some clock/wireless fast chargers for $5.00 each on sale. I picked up 5 of them for myself and family members. They work great and still have plenty of beer and snack money.
    10-25-2020 11:16 AM
    Probably a good reason why apple didn’t do leather cases this year.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-25-2020 01:27 PM
    Probably a good reason why apple didn’t do leather cases this year.
    They’re delayed until November 6th.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-25-2020 01:30 PM
    They’re delayed until November 6th.
    Oh they are coming? Good to know. I hadn’t even heard anything about leather cases and those are my preference.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-25-2020 01:32 PM
    Oh they are coming? Good to know. I hadn’t even heard anything about leather cases and those are my preference.
    Yeah, it was on MacRumors
    10-25-2020 01:35 PM
    Yeah, it was on MacRumors
    Yeah I just saw that. I googled it once you said they were coming.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-25-2020 01:36 PM
    Seeing that the backs are glass then the phones themselves will most likely scratch up the metal ring on the MagSafe, at worst. But then again you could be right. We’ll know soon enough.
    From the reviews I saw, no metal on the Magsafe charger actually touches the iPhone. Instead, there is a rubber ring on the charger that sits between the phone and the metal of the charger.
    10-26-2020 12:02 AM
    They also mention the possibility of demagnetizing credit cards, etc.
    Time will tell.
    10-26-2020 04:56 PM
    No need for the MagSafe charger. The only wireless charger that I use is the one that's built into my car. Actually, that's the only time wireless charging makes sense is int he vehilce with wireless charging with wireless Apple car play. Wanted 120Hz,Touch ID of some sort(the mask inconvenience is real) AOD or at least one of them. I could care less about some damn magnets.
    10-26-2020 07:14 PM
    Exactly this and me neither. I have enough wireless chargers and bricks all over, where as the Mag is not a first thought charging method.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-26-2020 10:32 PM
    No need for the MagSafe charger. The only wireless charger that I use is the one that's built into my car. Actually, that's the only time wireless charging makes sense is int he vehilce with wireless charging with wireless Apple car play. Wanted 120Hz,Touch ID of some sort(the mask inconvenience is real) AOD or at least one of them. I could care less about some damn magnets.
    This method worked for me. Took a couple tries but got it to work now FaceID works with my mask on. It doesn't compromise security too. I had others try to unlock my phone with their mask on and it didn't work.
    10-26-2020 10:44 PM
    Definitely a money grab when only their NEW 20W charger will provide the full 15W charging mag safe can provide. So everyone that bought Apple branded fast chargers in the past won't even work with mag safe to it's full spec. What a joke.

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/10/26...power-adapter/
    10-27-2020 01:10 AM
26 12