YMMV, but I picked up my iPhone 12 and Official Apple silicone case to replace my iPhone 11 and I have to say I am very disappointed. The square edges make the phone very uncomfortable to hold and except for the faster 5G speeds (T-Mobile 5G-I got 129 Mbps down vs 35 down on my 11). But other than that and the square edges, it doesn't seem any different than the 11 and as I said, for me, it is MUCH more uncomfortable to hold. Not sure what I will do now. This is going back for sure. If this one is uncomfortable, I am sure the larger 12 Pro Max will be worse, so that is out. I may wait until they put the refurbed 11 Pro Max on sale and move to that. I like the curved edges.

As I said, you may feel different about it and if you like the new shape, congrats on your new purchase. But this one is wiped and back in the box. The shortest time ever with a phone. For the moment, I am glad I didn't sell or trade in my 11.
    akutch34 likes this.
    10-24-2020 01:22 AM
    YMMV, but I picked up my iPhone 12 and Official Apple silicone case to replace my iPhone 11 and I have to say I am very disappointed. The square edges make the phone very uncomfortable to hold and except for the faster 5G speeds (T-Mobile 5G-I got 129 Mbps down vs 35 down on my 11). But other than that and the square edges, it doesn't seem any different than the 11 and as I said, for me, it is MUCH more uncomfortable to hold. Not sure what I will do now. This is going back for sure. If this one is uncomfortable, I am sure the larger 12 Pro Max will be worse, so that is out. I may wait until they put the refurbed 11 Pro Max on sale and move to that. I like the curved edges.

As I said, you may feel different about it and if you like the new shape, congrats on your new purchase. But this one is wiped and back in the box. The shortest time ever with a phone. For the moment, I am glad I didn't sell or trade in my 11.
    That was a good choice as I felt it wasn't much difference too. Did you get to test out the battery as well?
    10-24-2020 01:32 AM
    That was a good choice as I felt it wasn't much difference too. Did you get to test out the battery as well?
    No. Sorry. I didn't. Seems very lightweight. Can't be a very big battery, but I can't speak to battery life.
    10-24-2020 01:36 AM
    No. Sorry. I didn't. Seems very lightweight. Can't be a very big battery, but I can't speak to battery life.
    Alright I might not have high hopes for the battery life being alot too to be honest.
    10-24-2020 01:42 AM
    That's why you have to see and hold and hold the phone before you buy and yes battery life is very important .
    Annie_M and Spencerdl like this.
    10-24-2020 06:53 AM
    Haven’t used mine much out of the case yet but I personally love the design and don’t have any complaints. I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you.
    kataran and etad putta like this.
    10-24-2020 08:33 AM
    So after watching all the inboxing videos, the iPhone 12 reminds me of the old Volvo ads:

aximtreo, Spencerdl and tee_cup like this.
    10-24-2020 08:44 AM
    I’m sorry you’re disappointed. That’s why I have to look at them in person before I buy anything.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-24-2020 12:19 PM
    I’m sorry you’re disappointed. That’s why I have to look at them in person before I buy anything.
    With Apple's very convenient return policy, it's not that crucial to look at these devices before buying like it used to be. If I don't like it, return it and get every cent back.
    AlphaBeepBeep likes this.
    10-24-2020 01:05 PM
    With Apple's very convenient return policy, it's not that crucial to look at these devices before buying like it used to be. If I don't like it, return it and get every cent back.
    Well that is if you buy from Apple. If you buy from your carrier, it’s typically a $50 restocking fee or somewhere in the neighborhood so it can be a costly mistake for some.
    ladyc0524 and bakron1 like this.
    10-24-2020 01:14 PM
    That’s what I’m doing with my iPhone 12 in blue. It’s a super dull blue, not like how it is in photos. Going to return it.
    10-24-2020 01:19 PM
    Well that is if you buy from Apple. If you buy from your carrier, it’s typically a $50 restocking fee or somewhere in the neighborhood so it can be a costly mistake for some.
    Thankfully I stopped going through carriers since the iPhone 4s. I learned all they are is a pipe.
    JML5150 likes this.
    10-24-2020 01:25 PM
    Thankfully I stopped going through carriers since the iPhone 4s. I learned all they are is a pipe.
    I do because for me it’s easier for me. Plus T-Mobile gave an additional $200 bonus if you were a customer 5 years and buying the 12.
    larsonage likes this.
    10-24-2020 01:37 PM
    I do because for me it’s easier for me. Plus T-Mobile gave an additional $200 bonus if you were a customer 5 years and buying the 12.
    Same here. T-Mobile gave me $415 to trade my XR in for this 12 Pro. That was the deciding factor in the upgrade.
    10-24-2020 05:59 PM
    Interesting. I liked the flat edges on my 5s, however it was a small iPhone and the thought of being uncomfortable to hold the flat edges on a much larger iPhone never crossed my mind. Thanks for the information. Sorry it didn't work out for you, however you passed on some valuable information.
    10-24-2020 06:37 PM
    I loved the square edges when they were introduced on the iPhone 4 I think it was but that was a much smaller phone. Now I’m wondering how I will feel about the square edge design on the iPhone 12 should I decide to get one
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-24-2020 07:34 PM
    I'm having no issue with the square edges on my 12 Pro. It was something I was even worried about, as I've had that issue with phone edges before. I think Apple did a great job -- at least with my 12 Pro -- in "blunting" the edges.
    ladyc0524 and aximtreo like this.
    10-24-2020 08:14 PM
    I'm having no issue with the square edges on my 12 Pro. It was something I was even worried about, as I've had that issue with phone edges before. I think Apple did a great job -- at least with my 12 Pro -- in "blunting" the edges.
    That's good to hear, however I'm still curious if it will effect me on the 6.7" screen on the 12 Pro Max and the way I hold my iPhone.
    With that being said I'm still unsure if I'm even upgrading this year...LOL
    tee_cup, kataran and taz323 like this.
    10-24-2020 09:31 PM
    That's good to hear, however I'm still curious if it will effect me on the 6.7" screen on the 12 Pro Max and the way I hold my iPhone.
    I'm not a fan on my iPad 11 pro with no case. Battery reviews on the 12 are getting a bashing v the 11 series too, reading around.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-24-2020 09:36 PM
    I'm not a fan on my iPad 11 pro with no case. Battery reviews on the 12 are getting a bashing v the 11 series too, reading around.
    Thanks for the info. Yes, I've been hearing about the iPhone 12 battery issues as well. Maybe the next iOS14.2 will correct these battery life issues.
    Cladster likes this.
    10-24-2020 09:39 PM
    It’s not crucial, just my personal preference!
    ladyc0524 and Highrisedrifter like this.
    10-24-2020 10:40 PM
    You know, and I know, we're BOTH upgrading this year!

Spencerdl and aximtreo like this.
    10-25-2020 06:53 AM
    You know, and I know, we're BOTH upgrading this year!
    LOL . I'm not sure yet. I have about two weeks to decide
    10-25-2020 06:55 AM
    I am just over here trying to decide, do I get the iPhone 12 Pro, or get the 12 Pro Max.
    From time to time, I think my 11 Pro Max is a 'little' large. Thus, the 12 Pro would suffice. But, when I review images online, it seems a minimal increase.

Decisions, decisions...

LOL . I'm not sure yet. I have about two weeks to decide
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    10-25-2020 06:57 AM
    I am just over here trying to decide, do I get the iPhone 12 Pro, or get the 12 Pro Max.
    From time to time, I think my 11 Pro Max is a 'little' large. Thus, the 12 Pro would suffice. But, when I review images online, it seems a minimal increase.

Decisions, decisions...
    Personally I wouldn't go smaller /backwards to a 6.1" screen already having a 6.5" screen. My eyes would get upset...LOL . 12 Pro Max with the 6.7" screen would be my decision if I upgrade. I really like the 6.5" screen. I think that's the perfect size, just get rid of the notch which I thought was going to happen this year.
    10-25-2020 07:02 AM
156 123 ...