Att gave me $800 for my wife's iPhone 8

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I’m on the fence about trading in my iPhone X. $800 is way more than I expected to get for it. I have the shipping material from AT&T but my iPhone X is paid off, and I’m still attached to my iPhone X. I’ve had it from day 1 and has been with me through EVERYTHING. I think I will hold onto it. I don’t want to let it go..

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I’m on the fence about trading in my iPhone X. $800 is way more than I expected to get for it. I have the shipping material from AT&T but my iPhone X is paid off, and I’m still attached to my iPhone X. I’ve had it from day 1 and has been with me through EVERYTHING. I think I will hold onto it. I don’t want to let it go..

I feel the same way about my X, but it is getting traded for a 12 pro max.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I'd suggest upgrading. Yes, the X was a great phone, the 12 is very similar but a better phone. If you go for the iPhone 12, it sounds as if you'd basically get it "free," since even the 128GB iPhone 12 is $800, so you'll essentially pay tax. If you decided to go for the Pro, that would only be an extra $200.

While you will have to pay a little, it is a nicer screen, faster processor, faster FaceID, better modem/antenna (even with 5G turned off), better battery life, plus better cameras and you'll get Night Mode. The iPhone 12 (and Pro) are extremely close in size to the iPhone X and weigh a bit less -- the big difference will be the flatter sides.

Last, this is likely the last time you'll get this kind of money for your iPhone X -- this would appear to be almost a free upgrade, rather than having to pay at least half of the price of the new iPhone. The one reason I see for not doing it, depending on your situation, is if you don't want to be "locked" to AT&T for a couple of years, since I'm guessing the $800 for your phone is paid monthly (and offsets a monthly payment on the new phone).

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
AT&T must be hurting for business. Apple's only giving $500 for my 11 Pro Max and Tmo's only offering $521.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2