Is apple store in store pickup on launch day a covid risk?

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Good morning everyone,

i preordered a new pro for my wife exercising the upgrade program to be picked up in the apple store on launch day with a pick up time window. I am feeling a little trepidation going into the store. Luckily, its a stand alone store so I do not have to go into a mall. Is it safe or is there a covid risk? Does anyone have knowledge regarding the protocols the apple store will be taking to ensure my safety.

Thank you.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It's my feeling that Apple has been diligent in assuring employee/customer safety during this pandemic nightmare. People have to have appointments to even get into the stores to "shop". I'm sure masks will be required. I would be ok with picking it up there, but then I'm not you. If you are really concerned, you'll have to decide for yourself. One thing you might try is to drive by today or tomorrow (if it's not too far from where you live) and see how they are handling things now.

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I’ve been to my local Apple Store a couple of times and it is all very carefully organised to ensure social distance etc. They go to way more effort than most stores to make sure there are sufficient safety protocols in place. I am sure they will be just as diligent with the arrangements to deal with the extra crowds that release day will bring.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Besides medical facilities, the Apple Stores are handling sanitizing and social distancing better than anywhere else I have been. They are strict about the social distancing, appointments and sanitizing behind customers.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Wear a mask. Don't go in if the others in the store are not wearing their masks. Keep as much distance as possible from other people. Limit the amount of time you spend in the store. Don't touch your face. Wash your hands before and after your visit.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Wear a mask. Don't go in if the others in the store are not wearing their masks. Keep as much distance as possible from other people. Limit the amount of time you spend in the store. Don't touch your face. Wash your hands before and after your visit.

Apple won’t let you in without a mask. They are one of only a few retails stores who won’t let you in without a temperature check.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Apple Store employees were very strictly adhering to hygiene rules when I went to their Store twice during the Summer. Distancing and masks and hand sanitizer were required. I would be happy to pick devices up from there again.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I think it really depends on your local stores. It seems that Apple is being very diligent in ensuring safety but how it's being handled is based on different location/city/country requirements. My two local stores are still closed and our numbers have plateaued. No safer than that.

TBH, leaving your home is a covid risk so visiting your local store is something you have to research and make a decision for yourself.

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I have collected my new iPhone this morning. I was so impressed with Apple’s organisation. I work in social care and so have plenty of experience in infection control. They managed the process so well, not only was it safe but also quick and well organised. I was in and out in 15 mins. It was a much calmer experience than the usual hustle and bustle of iPhone release day.

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I have collected my new iPhone this morning. I was so impressed with Apple’s organisation. I work in social care and so have plenty of experience in infection control. They managed the process so well, not only was it safe but also quick and well organised. I was in and out in 15 mins. It was a much calmer experience than the usual hustle and bustle of iPhone release day.

Yes, i was pleasantly surprised. No line outside and wisked in. However, security was supposed to do a temperature check . They failed to do so. They do not do set up in store set up. Was fine though because had to exchange under the upgrade program. Was able to stiill buy Belkin screen protector and have rethe p machine apply it. Felt safe but should have done temperature check.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think it really depends on your local stores. It seems that Apple is being very diligent in ensuring safety but how it's being handled is based on different location/city/country requirements. My two local stores are still closed and our numbers have plateaued. No safer than that.

TBH, leaving your home is a covid risk so visiting your local store is something you have to research and make a decision for yourself.

Exactly this. Thanks for your response.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
TechOdyssey (known as Decaway here) did a video of picking up a new case for his iPhone 12 today. He didn't film in the store but talks a bit about the experience, including how they wouldn't let him in to buy the case -- he had to buy it online and then could schedule a time to pick up the phone. I believe he also used the iPhone 12 to shoot the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHlPS3jQCPQ

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Went to dadeland mall Miami Apple store to pick up my moms iPhone 12 today. Store was closed...only for pick up only.
212ac01efd88d8b28f845b4ddb2d56d6.jpg

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I’m honestly not sure why people even go to stores anymore. I haven’t waited in line or went to a store for an iPhone in almost 10 years. These days preordering and having it delivered is so easy. Had my phone by noon on launch day.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m honestly not sure why people even go to stores anymore. I haven’t waited in line or went to a store for an iPhone in almost 10 years. These days preordering and having it delivered is so easy. Had my phone by noon on launch day.

Some people still want and like the thrill of waiting in line and getting their new iPhone before noon. To each their own. My last two new iPhones I was in and out by 10am on launch day with the newest iPhone of my choice. Did I have to do it that way, of course not...I wanted to and it was FUN. Guess what, I wasn't pacing back and forth to the windows looking for the delivery person either...LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234