Is apple store in store pickup on launch day a covid risk?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I would have been the first in line to have a look see at the newest iPhone Pro colors.
Because of Covid I’ve decided to hold off on going to the AppleStore and simply pick a color I’ve had for the past 7, namely Gold of which I’m sure I won’t regret it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would have been the first in line to have a look see at the newest iPhone Pro colors.
Because of Covid I’ve decided to hold off on going to the AppleStore and simply pick a color I’ve had for the past 7, namely Gold of which I’m sure I won’t regret it.

It's a different shade of Gold than your iPhone 7 Gold, you may want to rethink your choice...LOL

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It's a different shade of Gold than your iPhone 7 Gold, you may want to rethink your choice...LOL

I’m familiar with that gold has different shades.

That’s okay because gold is gold
When Apple introduced it I was immediately sold
It’s time for you to put your being mean to a hold

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m familiar with that gold has different shades.

That’s okay because gold is gold
When Apple introduced it I was immediately sold
It’s time for you to put your being mean to a hold

Just trying to inform you so you wouldn't make the same mistake twice...LOL

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Some people still want and like the thrill of waiting in line and getting their new iPhone before noon. To each their own. My last two new iPhones I was in and out by 10am on launch day with the newest iPhone of my choice. Did I have to do it that way, of course not...I wanted to and it was FUN. Guess what, I wasn't pacing back and forth to the windows looking for the delivery person either...LOL

I’m with you on this one. Last three years I got the 8 am pick up time. Grabbed some Starbucks, drank my coffee while I had my brief wait in line and was in my car by 8:20 with my new phone. I could go the delivery route, but I enjoy the experience.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m with you on this one. Last three years I got the 8 am pick up time. Grabbed some Starbucks, drank my coffee while I had my brief wait in line and was in my car by 8:20 with my new phone. I could go the delivery route, but I enjoy the experience.

I've been doing the early morning release day lines since the 6 Plus. Times have changed especially this year, but the FUN will never be forgotten.
0ead543529cf79a91da3c527231398c1.jpg

1c71eabc1ade0c7210baadf9e60496c3.jpg

As you can see I was first in line that year

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Some people still want and like the thrill of waiting in line and getting their new iPhone before noon. To each their own. My last two new iPhones I was in and out by 10am on launch day with the newest iPhone of my choice. Did I have to do it that way, of course not...I wanted to and it was FUN. Guess what, I wasn't pacing back and forth to the windows looking for the delivery person either...LOL

Makes sense. I’m just boring these days I guess lol. I avoid carrier and Apple Stores with all my might lol.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I would say Apple is taking all necessary precautions to make sure everyone is safe.

A little too much in my opinion.
There was literally no one in the Store today except their workers and the guy at the entrance still told me I needed an appointment.

I was browsing in the neighborhood of the Store to get some cartridges for my printer and was like, let’s go have a look see at the new colors.

This guy saying that I needed an appointment to get in seriously made me feel less joyous today.
The bitter side of it is I would be in and out of the AppleStore in 2-3 minutes.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
A little too much in my opinion.
There was literally no one in the Store today except their workers and the guy at the entrance still told me I needed an appointment.

I was browsing in the neighborhood of the Store to get some cartridges for my printer and was like, let’s go have a look see at the new colors.

This guy saying that I needed an appointment to get in seriously made me feel less joyous today.
The bitter side of it is I would be in and out of the AppleStore in 2-3 minutes.

Unfortunately this is the world we live in right now. You and I may be inconvenienced by all the safety precautions being done, but on the flip side, I have a friend who was in perfect health and who spend 12 weeks on a ventilator. He’s currently learning how to walk again.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately this is the world we live in right now. You and I may be inconvenienced by all the safety precautions being done, but on the flip side, I have a friend who was in perfect health and who spend 12 weeks on a ventilator. He’s currently learning how to walk again.

I get it and I nodded to the guy with understanding his point of view.
I wasn’t even frustrated with the guy himself.
Just with the world we’re living in right now.

As I was pressed for time already, I simply left a few things undone, that I had planned to do spontaneously when I was in the city center.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
@Tartarus, could you have scheduled an appointment via the Apple Store App on your phone? Since they weren't busy, I wonder if you could have gotten in that way?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
@Tartarus, could you have scheduled an appointment via the Apple Store App on your phone? Since they weren't busy, I wonder if you could have gotten in that way?

I could have. I didn’t have time. I literally only had 5 minutes to spare to get in and out. Making appt on my phone would have taken 2 minutes. I didn’t feel like spending any time, as I was in a hurry and already frustrated because apparently it’s too much ask to find inkt cartridges for a 12y/o printer.

My brother asked me for my color printer, which I have not been using for years and put it somewhere in a closet.

As I looked in it, there was no cartridges in it. Heck, the whole idea of putting that thing away was because of the costly cartridges. I have a b&w laser printer now, much more cost effective.

Since my brother needed to print something real quick and we both didn’t feel like spending a lot of money for original cartridges ($75 in total) we were looking for some off brand cartridges. Which nobody carried anymore.

And I took my dads car, which he needed within the hour. So I was in a hurry.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’m honestly not sure why people even go to stores anymore. I haven’t waited in line or went to a store for an iPhone in almost 10 years. These days preordering and having it delivered is so easy. Had my phone by noon on launch day.

Not everybody can have packages shipped to their jobs.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I could have. I didn’t have time. I literally only had 5 minutes to spare to get in and out. Making appt on my phone would have taken 2 minutes. I didn’t feel like spending any time, as I was in a hurry and already frustrated because apparently it’s too much ask to find inkt cartridges for a 12y/o printer.

My brother asked me for my color printer, which I have not been using for years and put it somewhere in a closet.

As I looked in it, there was no cartridges in it. Heck, the whole idea of putting that thing away was because of the costly cartridges. I have a b&w laser printer now, much more cost effective.

Since my brother needed to print something real quick and we both didn’t feel like spending a lot of money for original cartridges ($75 in total) we were looking for some off brand cartridges. Which nobody carried anymore.

And I took my dads car, which he needed within the hour. So I was in a hurry.

Sounds very frustrating!!!!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Not everybody can have packages shipped to their jobs.

I’m in that boat. I have them shipped to my house. The same way I would take off work to go to an Apple store and wait in line, I take off work and wait at home lol.