Upgrade or wait?

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello all
I’m in a fight with myself over to upgrade from my IPhone X to the 12 pro.
I live in a rural area so 5G really won’t be of much use for me. The biggest upgrade would be the camera in my opinion. So I’m at ends with myself on waiting for next years model or biting the bullet and upgrade now.
So I’m looking for some serious advice on whether to wait or upgrade.

Thanks in advance

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have an XS Max. I am upgrading to the 12 Pro Max because I want to... Nothing is wrong with my XS Max. It works perfectly, not a scratch on it, it's pristine. I like the new camera... and I have the money and I want something new in my life (tired of the lockdown) so I will be ordering a new phone. As for you, do you need it? Do you have the money for it? Do you need the $ for something else more important? Would you regret getting it and then doing the same thing when the iPhone 13 comes out?

If money is tight and you feel the 13 will be a game changer, then wait? If you're not worried about the cost and you want a new phone with an upgraded camera, buy it.

Only you know for sure.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello all
I’m in a fight with myself over to upgrade from my IPhone X to the 12 pro.
I live in a rural area so 5G really won’t be of much use for me. The biggest upgrade would be the camera in my opinion. So I’m at ends with myself on waiting for next years model or biting the bullet and upgrade now.
So I’m looking for some serious advice on whether to wait or upgrade.

Thanks in advance

You stated “5G really won’t be of much use...” since you live in a rural area and the “biggest upgrade would be the camera...” in your opinion. With that being said, you already know you don’t need to upgrade. With that being said, since the iPhone X, there has been the iPhone XS models, iPhone 11 models and now the iPhone 12 models so you are due for an upgrade in my opinion....

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
There will always be something new. After all, we only live once, and all that.
If you are financially about to, upgrade, and turn off the 5G (till it is available for you)...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would upgrade if I had a X or before iPhone model. From one year to the next you really don't see that much of a difference. The few times I've waited two years or more to upgrade, I appreciated the upgrade a lot more. I have an 11 Pro Max and will probably not upgrade. It's the tech geek inside of me that wants to upgrade yearly, but honestly it's not really necessary...IMHO

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I will upgrade later when the big rush settles down however my 8 Plus has worked flawlessly and still is , forget the 5g not a big deal for me but the camera features and the design changes are enough for me , I am leaning towards the 12 Pro and would be nice to hold a few in hand before making a decision however everything seems so locked up right now .

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the XS Max, gave it to my son for the X. Then had the 11, gave that to hubby and took my X back from him lol.

Currently being on the X for a few months now and I’m happy with the size. The only thing that would make me happier is a 12 mini for the smaller size but at this time I’m enjoying not having a phone payment or having to plunk down a chunk of cash for a new phone. 5G & the newer camera doesn’t entice me enough at this point.

So with all that being said, I’m sticking with the X for a while. Who knows...in 6 mths I may change my mind and upgrade. Also hubby isn’t finicky, if I wanted to trade back and give him the X & I take the 11 he wouldn’t care...as long as it kept me out of the Apple store spending money LOL He always says he’d like to retire some day

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711