Are we only going to be able to get MagSafe cases from Apple or will other companies jump on and if so how much will apple take to the MFI?

If the point is to have magnetic attachments once you put a competitors case on if you lose that feature then is apple forcing everyone to their boring and frankly ugly cases released thus far?
    10-15-2020 12:54 PM
    It was announced that Belkin also will have MagSafe accessories soon, if not yet.
    So yes, it’s safe to say third party MagSafes will be available soon.
    kataran likes this.
    10-15-2020 01:17 PM
    I’m steering toward companies coming up with interesting accessories to take advantage of MagSafe.

Also Apple wasn’t the first to put charging magnets in use. The Palm Pre lineup took advantage of there wireless chargers by putting the Magnets in the charging Pucks that would grab the smartphone and hold them in place but of course Apple refined it
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-15-2020 01:23 PM
    I want a puck that can charge on its own and be placed on my phone while I use it. That would be some real wireless charging.
    10-15-2020 03:13 PM
    I want a puck that can charge on its own and be placed on my phone while I use it. That would be some real wireless charging.
    Good idea, it would be great to have a batter pack that can be added on the back and when it needs charging you set it on a Qi charger.
    10-16-2020 07:40 PM
    Sign me up for that one.
    iwoodland likes this.
    10-17-2020 06:15 AM
    Every once in a while you do have good ideas
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-17-2020 10:51 AM