I am fighting with this decision mightily. Love the size of the mini...LOVE it. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that battery life will be awful. I'm currently using an SE 2020 and the battery is terrible, and yes, I know the mini battery is bigger than the SE and I realize the chip is faster and more efficient. We all know that stuff is tech bluster usually. I plug in most days, at least, twice and I can't stand it. I gave up my 11Pro to my nephew in anticipation of these new phones. So, the dilemma is iPhone 12 mini for that delectable size, or the iPhone 12(non-Pro) with better battery life and compromise on size. Grrrrr. Anyone else with similar thought processes?
    10-14-2020 08:49 AM
    I understand your Dilemma as I was a 5/5s/SE lover and if I had remained there instead of going to the iPhone X and now 11 Pro Max I would have jumped on the Mini. It has the full screen FID and all the goodies but in a small package

As for battery life I wouldn’t worry so much. Apple knows what except able battery life is and there’s always a means of charging your device if needed
    10-14-2020 10:15 AM
    I understand your Dilemma as I was a 5/5s/SE lover and if I had remained there instead of going to the iPhone X and now 11 Pro Max I would have jumped on the Mini. It has the full screen FID and all the goodies but in a small package

As for battery life I wouldn’t worry so much. Apple knows what except able battery life is and there’s always a means of charging your device if needed
    I do not think your statement is true. Apple knows what we are prepared to put up with ! not what we want. I do not like the idea of having to carry around one of those stupid knapsacks just to keep my kit charged.
    10-14-2020 10:29 AM
    I do not think your statement is true. Apple knows what we are prepared to put up with ! not what we want. I do not like the idea of having to carry around one of those stupid knapsacks just to keep my kit charged.
    Never said what your referring too!

Acceptable battery life. What is deemed to be in our current stage of battery development.
    10-14-2020 10:36 AM
    I am fighting with this decision mightily. Love the size of the mini...LOVE it. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that battery life will be awful. I'm currently using an SE 2020 and the battery is terrible, and yes, I know the mini battery is bigger than the SE and I realize the chip is faster and more efficient. We all know that stuff is tech bluster usually. I plug in most days, at least, twice and I can't stand it. I gave up my 11Pro to my nephew in anticipation of these new phones. So, the dilemma is iPhone 12 mini for that delectable size, or the iPhone 12(non-Pro) with better battery life and compromise on size. Grrrrr. Anyone else with similar thought processes?
    One possibility would be for you to try out the iPhone mini for a couple of weeks. Apple has had, and I am assuming still does, a 14-day return policy. If the battery life is not acceptable, you could then return it and get one of the other phones. Just an idea...
    tanknitrous and kataran like this.
    10-14-2020 10:39 AM
    The fact that Apple didn’t mention a thing about battery life for the Mini is all the confirmation you need that it’s probably not that great. If it was, they would have obnoxiously let us know.
    10-14-2020 11:02 AM
    Actually, and sadly, a very good point. If it had beast battery life, they 100% would have said this. Kudos.
    10-14-2020 11:05 AM
    I'm torn between the mini and the Pro. Battery life isn't a concern for me, just don't know if I am ok with missing out on the latest and "greatest" camera tech. I am coming from an X so either is an upgrade. I used to only keep a phone a year, but have had the X for almost 3 now, so I'm wondering if I will feel like I am behind come three years from now on the mini. The size is just about perfect though.
    10-14-2020 04:25 PM
    According to Apple, the iPhone 12 Mini is able to watch video for 15 hours before it needs to be recharged. That drops to 10 hours when streaming video from YouTube or Netflix. If you're only listening to music, Apple says you'll get to 50 hours of playback before the iPhone 12 Mini croaks. For comparison, iPhone 12, which has a larger physical footprint, packs enough juice to watch video for 17 hours. That drops to 11 hours when streaming video, but rockets to 65 hours when listening to music.
    tanknitrous likes this.
    10-15-2020 06:55 AM
    Decided to go with two iPhone 12 minis for my brother and myself. I like the smaller forum factor and the battery life should be exactly what we are looking for. I will have to wait until the 23rd to preorder, but I think it will be worth the wait.
    10-16-2020 07:27 PM
    Decided to go with two iPhone 12 minis for my brother and myself. I like the smaller forum factor and the battery life should be exactly what we are looking for. I will have to wait until the 23rd to preorder, but I think it will be worth the wait.
    Just to be clear, preorders start on Nov 6 for the Mini and the Max.
    10-17-2020 10:05 AM