iPhone 12/Mini/Pro/Max Preorder/Shipping/Delivery Thread

nocaldawg

Oct 13, 2020
Visit site
Not me! I had already decided that I was going to keep my 11 pro max another year, and the Apple event did not change my mind at all! Maybe next year…

If you were deciding between the two today, which would you buy and why. I am moving over from Samsung because their service is horrible. Not sure if I should grab an 11 pro max or wait for the 12 pro max?

Thanks

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I am almost positive I will be pre-ordering the 12 Pro this Friday, in Pacific Blue, 256GB. I just don’t think the extra zoom is enough of a factor/benefit to get me to change up the entire way I handle my phone and give up the extra pocketability.

The actual screen size (6.1 vs. 6.7) doesn’t do *too* much for me; my move up to the Max would be based on camera specs only and I don’t think the benefits outweigh the costs to me.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
If you were deciding between the two today, which would you buy and why. I am moving over from Samsung because their service is horrible. Not sure if I should grab an 11 pro max or wait for the 12 pro max?

Thanks

Unless you find a deal on the 11 Pro Max, the 12 Pro Max is the same price but with more storage.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Didn’t watch the Apple presentation, but looks like I am going to give my iPhone 11 Pro to my twin brother and order a new iPhone 12 Pro 128 in blue. The heck with it, you only live once.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’m not upgrading my 11 Pro. I not a huge fan of the larger phone, even if it is just slightly larger, and I hate the cameras on the Pro & Pro Max are different.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not upgrading my 11 Pro. I not a huge fan of the larger phone, even if it is just slightly larger, and I hate the cameras on the Pro & Pro Max are different.

I agree. I really don’t want a 6.7” phone, which is why I’m trying to justify that the cameras on the 12 Pro aren’t *that much* different than the 12 Pro Max. 6.1” on the 12 Pro is actually a perfect size for me coming from the 11 Pro.

The costs of the Max likely outweigh the camera benefits for me, so I’m 90% sure now that I’ll be preordering the pacific blue 12 Pro 256GB on Friday

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I really don’t want a 6.7” phone, which is why I’m trying to justify that the cameras on the 12 Pro aren’t *that much* different than the 12 Pro Max. 6.1” on the 12 Pro is actually a perfect size for me coming from the 11 Pro.

The costs of the Max likely outweigh the camera benefits for me, so I’m 90% sure now that I’ll be preordering the pacific blue 12 Pro 256GB on Friday

That makes sense. For me, I just don’t have enough of a reason. Now if I wanted a new color, then sure, but I’m not intrigued by any of the colors.

I might need to change my upgrade cycle to 2 years. I’m getting to the age where I don’t care to have a new device every year. I love tech but I need to be a bit more excited to upgrade. I’m definitely excited for others & can’t wait to see the Mini....it’s adorable LOL

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
That makes sense. For me, I just don’t have enough of a reason. Now if I wanted a new color, then sure, but I’m not intrigued by any of the colors.

I might need to change my upgrade cycle to 2 years. I’m getting to the age where I don’t care to have a new device every year. I love tech but I need to be a bit more excited to upgrade. I’m definitely excited for others & can’t wait to see the Mini....it’s adorable LOL

I actually really like the pacific blue, so that doesn’t hurt. I also use data a lot, and Verizon 5G is really intriguing for me, plus MagSafe. Camera bump is nice too (even from 11 Pro to 12 Pro). I’m hoping the 12 Pro will last me 2 years!

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Good. If everybody orders a blue, my gold will be delivered on launch day. Awesome. Keep ordering the blue y’all.

But if the pro max doesn't go on pre-order till nov 6 then people pre-ordering the regular pro now won't really effect the max color back order

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I had to watch the keynote again since I was busy earlier this afternoon. I’m still preordering the 12 Pro Max 256GB but either Pacific Blue or Silver.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually really like the pacific blue, so that doesn’t hurt. I also use data a lot, and Verizon 5G is really intriguing for me, plus MagSafe. Camera bump is nice too (even from 11 Pro to 12 Pro). I’m hoping the 12 Pro will last me 2 years!

MagSafe is definitely intriguing!!! Just to put this into context..I felt the same way with the 11 Pro & ended up with one LOL. My logical mind is winning right now but we’ll see how long that lasts

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I’m on the fence about a 12 mini. I gave my 11 to my hubby because the 6.1 size was starting to become too cumbersome to hold for me. My X is a nice size so I know the 12 mini being just an inkling smaller will be easier for me to handle. I’m not preordering anything because I want to be able to actually see the phones in store and hold it.

So as of now, I’m just idling in neutral lol