iPhone 12 5G

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You’re not supposed to tell the difference by comparing them in a short instance.
It’s like the refresh rates of a TV, the more you look at one with a higher refresh rate, the better it is for your eyes.
They won’t get tired as much as with TVs with a lower refresh rate.
This translates itself to the smartphones too.

Refresh rates are more prevalent in high action sequences, sporting events and gaming. That’s where the differences are really noticeable. Sure, you’ll see smoother animations and scrolling on mobile devices, but in general most folks won’t notice much difference unless they do a lot of video watching, high motion recording or action heavy gaming on their devices.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
5G wont work if using 2 sims. On either.

The Reddit thread is interesting (the original source of the information), and apparently Apple is claiming there will be an iOS update to allow Dual SIM 5G later this year.

The other interesting tidbit on that thread is that iOS updates will be allowed over 5G, it won't require you to download over WiFi if you have a 5G connection.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I also feel the need to say that whether 5G is worth it to you likely depends on your carrier. I was out this morning and did a speed test on a Galaxy S20 5G on T-mobile and got 211 Mbps down. A lot will depend on your local area but, for T-Mobile users 5G will give you faster speeds.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I also feel the need to say that whether 5G is worth it to you likely depends on your carrier. I was out this morning and did a speed test on a Galaxy S20 5G on T-mobile and got 211 Mbps down. A lot will depend on your local area but, for T-Mobile users 5G will give you faster speeds.

It’s not only speeds on T-Mobile but signal strength. Since T-Mobile uses 600mhz for 5G the signal travels farther and penetrates buildings better than the 1200mhz LTE.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Even with 5G only turned on and living in an area blanketed by T-Mobile’s low band 5G my iPhone 12 Pro still shows only connecting to LTE band 2.
1519764ffbe7870c3173c7b02e309588.png
a75d40e6102ae84c3c6caddae3c12403.png

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Even with 5G only turned on and living in an area blanketed by T-Mobile’s low band 5G my iPhone 12 Pro still shows only connecting to LTE band 2.
1519764ffbe7870c3173c7b02e309588.png
a75d40e6102ae84c3c6caddae3c12403.png

One question I have, what app are you using to see the connection and is it able to "see" and report 5G? It appears many apps do not yet report 5G connections. Also, it could be reporting Band 2 is the uplink (you aren't on standalone 5G), particularly since I see a "UL_DCCH" entry but no "DL_DCCH".

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
One question I have, what app are you using to see the connection and is it able to "see" and report 5G? It appears many apps do not yet report 5G connections. Also, it could be reporting Band 2 is the uplink (you aren't on standalone 5G), particularly since I see a "UL_DCCH" entry but no "DL_DCCH".

My speed is also just as slow as when I tested LTE with XS. I spent 4 hours chatting with a T-Mobile rep that said the “rumors” of needing a new R15 SIM card were not true and I should have ordered my phone through T-Mobile instead of Apple.

That’s no app. It’s Apple’s field test mode.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site

You were right, field test mode doesn’t reflect 5G yet. I did go get the new R15 SIM card from a T-Mobile store and my speeds tripled on OpenSignal tests though.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
May I ask why you guys haven’t activated eSIM through your carrier? That takes the matter with SIM cards out of the equation entirely.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
You were right, field test mode doesn’t reflect 5G yet. I did go get the new R15 SIM card from a T-Mobile store and my speeds tripled on OpenSignal tests though.

I bought my iPhone through Apple and it came with the T-Mobile R15 SIM card, so not sure if you bought it elsewhere or an unlocked version? I'm glad to hear that you seem to have it fixed.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I bought my iPhone through Apple and it came with the T-Mobile R15 SIM card, so not sure if you bought it elsewhere or an unlocked version? I'm glad to hear that you seem to have it fixed.

Unlocked. Should have just bought the T-Mobile version. Not like I’m going to change carriers.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Unlocked. Should have just bought the T-Mobile version. Not like I’m going to change carriers.

I can understand buying the unlocked, given the years that Apple had a GSM-only version of the phone for T-Mobile and AT&T, whereas the unlocked was a phone that would work on both GSM and CDMA. Fortunately, those days seem to be gone (particularly since the T-Mobile and Sprint version has to be the same now). So this year, it seems there is an advantage for T-Mobile users to get the T-Mobile version, so they get the R15 SIM card.

roelhegmann

Dec 31, 2020
Visit site
does anyone have the real picture of iphone 12 mini? Compare with iphone 11, which one is larger? I have searching for those pictures on Google but I cannot see any clear picture. Also, the price is not too high to afford ( I mean the average compare with version 11)
[SUB][SUP]geometry dash[/SUP][/SUB]​

Last edited:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
does anyone have the real picture of iphone 12 mini? Compare with iphone 11, which one is larger? I have searching for those pictures on Google but I cannot see any clear picture. Also, the price is not too high to afford ( I mean the average compare with version 11)

Apple's comparison page might be useful for you.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

The iPhone Mini is a bit smaller than the iPhone SE (iPhone SE 5.45x2.65x0.29 inches, iPhone 12 Mini 5.18x2.53x0.29 inches). It is quite a bit smaller than the iPhone 11 (5.94x2.98x.33 inches).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2