iPhone 12 5G

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I will NOT be upgrading my 11 pro. I see zero point when where I live only has 4G coverage. That was the most bored I’ve ever been during a keynote speech. Apple talking like everyone has access to 5G

nocaldawg

Oct 13, 2020
Visit site
I will NOT be upgrading my 11 pro. I see zero point when where I live only has 4G coverage. That was the most bored I’ve ever been during a keynote speech. Apple talking like everyone has access to 5G

So I am planning to move from Samsung. Better to grab an 11 Pro Max now or wait a Month for the 12 Pro Max? Thanks for the input

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
So I am planning to move from Samsung. Better to grab an 11 Pro Max now or wait a Month for the 12 Pro Max? Thanks for the input

If you have watched the keynote maybe that can give your decision. I will say that the carriers will discount the 11 series more and Apple won’t sell the 11 Pro series on their website anymore.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know if other wireless chargers will work with the new iPhone 12 Pro? I have a Qi certified wireless charger.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the iPhone 11. I live in Oklahoma City where I don’t know if 5G is available yet (AT&T). What is the main difference other than 5G and the XDR display

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the iPhone 11. I live in Oklahoma City where I don’t know if 5G is available yet (AT&T). What is the main difference other than 5G and the XDR display

The iPhone 12 is slightly smaller, despite having roughly the same size screen (6.1"), it is higher resolution OLED panel (2532-by-1170 pixels on the 12, 1792-by-828-pixel on the 11). The 12's screen is also High Dynamic Range (HDR) and also can get much brighter (easier to see outdoors in bright sunlight). In short, the screen on the 12 is much better than the one on the 11.

With the 12, you can take night shots from any of the cameras, on the 11 you could only take night shots on the main camera. Additionally, the camera is improved so it lets in more light.

The new A14 processor -- though my guess is, the A13 is fast enough you won't notice the A14 is supposed to be faster. Also, improved water resistance (to 6m, it was 2m on the 11). I'm likely forgetting a couple of other minor changes, but I believe that is the main differences.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Y’all best look closer! Apple kinda made it look like an improvement over the 11 line. Sorry I got an 11 pro max and all I see this year from Apple is a real sad case for an S line. 5G ain’t no where near available in even the largest metro areas. Not to mention I got plates on my phone and magnetic chargers already. Battery is smaller on the new 12. The camera on the 11 pro is awesome so I can’t see the improvements being anything more than a joke this year. Get the 11 pro for less and wait out til next year to see if they offer something a bit more worthwhile. Now that that is said if they had a red 12 pro max...... I would have jumped on it to match my series 6 red watch!!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Now that that is said if they had a red 12 pro max...... I would have jumped on it to match my series 6 red watch!!

Sorry, got to disagree... I think the Camera is a great upgrade from the 11Pro Max. Apple Camera Raw alone makes it worthwhile for me. The Lidar for the Night Mode Portraits (not on 11) will make a huge difference. The Sensor Shift for Image Stabilization is a great improvement. There is more, but that's enough for me... (actually I am upgrading from XS Max, so even more so...) but for many the upgrade you're turning down = enough for others. I am however disappointed they don't have a Product Red.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, got to disagree... I think the Camera is a great upgrade from the 11Pro Max. Apple Camera Raw alone makes it worthwhile for me. The Lidar for the Night Mode Portraits (not on 11) will make a huge difference. The Sensor Shift for Image Stabilization is a great improvement. There is more, but that's enough for me... (actually I am upgrading from XS Max, so even more so...) but for many the upgrade you're turning down = enough for others. I am however disappointed they don't have a Product Red.

I agree with you completely!

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Upgrading here. I have the 11 Pro Max and I’m tired of the size. Last year the 11 Pro was smaller than I like, but this year the 6.1 is the sweet spot for me. Just trying to decide if I’m going to save some money and go with the 12 or go ahead with the 12 Pro. The only differences being minor this year has me in a quandary.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I hadn’t planned on upgrading this year. But, a few things have me intrigued. First, they look slick as all get out. Second, the MagSafe charging and accessories could be a game changer in the future. Third, the connectivity. Not so much for the 5G, but the 4G. Apparently, and I could be misinformed, the Gigabit LTE is supposed to be faster than on the 11.

I may look more into it when preorder starts, and see what it’s going to cost. I have been working to get things paid off, and have knocked out my credit card debt. I also have some money saved up, so I am going to see.

rustymini

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have an 11pro,but upgrade every year(upgrade program)............I got the iPhone 12 256g blue on the 16th it was pretty easy.......I'm always excited. Apple says I'll receive it by the 23rd.