iPhone 12 rumors

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-12/

The next iPhone is one I’ll be getting: I love my X but by next fall it will be time to upgrade.
I’ve read several articles about rumor this and rumor that, and i guess I must live under a rock because I never realized how many people are so upset by “the notch”.

So let’s have it: do you care about the notch, do you hate it, or does it make no difference to you?
Personally I had never given the notch any thought until now. My initial reaction was “meh. Don’t care”. Then I saw pics of a notchless screen and ooooh, purrrdy.

I do hope the iPhone 12 will be 5G. And I’d love a megaton of storage. And hopefully IOS14 will be more user friendly than IOS13, man, this one is really the Nurse Radchet of IOS 🥴

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My first smartphone was the 8 gb iPhone 4. It left me with 6.4 gb to work with. I recall being envious of those who had a 16 gb iPhone. But I managed. I like the designs of the 4, 4s, 5, 5s, and SE better than the 6 and up. Those rounded edges makes it harder to grip. But while I always use an OtterBox case, I'd still like to see a return to the earlier designs with squared edges. I think they look better. Many like the rounded edges better though. They see it as more modern and stylish. My eyes tell me differently.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
My first smartphone was the 8 gb iPhone 4. It left me with 6.4 gb to work with. I recall being envious of those who had a 16 gb iPhone. But I managed. I like the designs of the 4, 4s, 5, 5s, and SE better than the 6 and up. Those rounded edges makes it harder to grip. But while I always use an OtterBox case, I'd still like to see a return to the earlier designs with squared edges. I think they look better. Many like the rounded edges better though. They see it as more modern and stylish. My eyes tell me differently.

I agree wholeheartedly

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-12/

The next iPhone is one I’ll be getting: I love my X but by next fall it will be time to upgrade.
I’ve read several articles about rumor this and rumor that, and i guess I must live under a rock because I never realized how many people are so upset by “the notch”.

So let’s have it: do you care about the notch, do you hate it, or does it make no difference to you?
Personally I had never given the notch any thought until now. My initial reaction was “meh. Don’t care”. Then I saw pics of a notchless screen and ooooh, purrrdy.

I do hope the iPhone 12 will be 5G. And I’d love a megaton of storage. And hopefully IOS14 will be more user friendly than IOS13, man, this one is really the Nurse Radchet of IOS

Interesting article. Of course, price will mean a lot. All these gadgets cost an arm and a leg and I’m tired of handing out my money freely. My Xr is still going strong so that leaves me hesitant to buy another device. As far as the notch it doesn’t bother me at all.
I would like a smaller device so the rumored SE2 has my attention. We’ll see what happens.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I agree that I like the older form factor. It sets them apart, is easier to grip and seems more solid.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I love everything mentioned except the squared edges. I hated the look of the 4 and 5 series and only used them because they were the newest iPhones. I love my XS Max and with the reception improving on my XS Max I’m more likely to not upgrade to the 11 Pro Max.

I had the X on launch day and the notch has never bothered me. I got used to it the minute I started using it. If the 2020 iPhone have no notch and isn’t squared then I can see myself waiting to upgrade next year.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It’s always a big IF until the keynotes ????????????*♀️

That's for sure! Early on in the "cycle", I find rumors to be intriguing and exciting.. but by the time the Keynote in June, and the big announcement in September rolls around, I'm usually beyond weary!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Everything was good until they said the smallest Pro would be 6.1”. I know it’s just a rumor but I’d hate for that to be the case.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It’s always a big IF until the keynotes *

I get these almost same 2 Emoji sometimes when I use the *. Must be a bug. I thought it was only me. It appears to only happen in the iMore forums app, but not in TapaTalk. For me anyway.
0cc30e59dc9282abfaa2ac79a1796c37.jpg

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have come to the conclusion that most of what I see out on the forums on future Apple products is all speculation.

Apple is one of the most secretive company’s in the world and guard any future projects or leaks of future products with a ferocious protocol.

I take any new product spec rumor with a grain of salt, but it is fun to speculate and hoping that the speculation comes true when they actually release the product to the public, it’s keeps the forums buzzing.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
The link is very interesting. The mention of 'iPhone 4' styling has my attention.

By iPhone 4 styling, they are essentially taking the newer iPad Pro styling. I for one, truly enjoyed my 4, 5, and SE. I went from XS to a Pro Max this time but am think about going all the way down to the 5.4” if that rumor is true and the battery life enough.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I have come to the conclusion that most of what I see out on the forums on future Apple products is all speculation.

Apple is one of the most secretive company’s in the world and guard any future projects or leaks of future products with a ferocious protocol.

I take any new product spec rumor with a grain of salt, but it is fun to speculate and hoping that the speculation comes true when they actually release the product to the public, it’s keeps the forums buzzing.

Noooo, there you’ve gone and ruined it for me....

I will now chase you down since you’re in Florida now

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
By iPhone 4 styling, they are essentially taking the newer iPad Pro styling. I for one, truly enjoyed my 4, 5, and SE. I went from XS to a Pro Max this time but am think about going all the way down to the 5.4” if that rumor is true and the battery life enough.

I took the same road from the five the S then SE jumped on the X and now I’m finally warmed up to the Pro Max. I miss the pocketbility of the smaller devices but the Max gives me a better experience and I don’t see myself going down in size in the future but the 6.7 will be to big I think

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My XR is an awesome device all the way around. I don’t care about the notch, it’s fine. The price of newer phones will be a big deal. So far, I haven’t seen a reason to upgrade.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
My XR is an awesome device all the way around. I don’t care about the notch, it’s fine. The price of newer phones will be a big deal. So far, I haven’t seen a reason to upgrade.

Upgrade from the Xr and agree its an awesome device, to the 11, and TBO, outside the camera, its the same device. Pretty sure unless something on the 12 is really big. I will be sticking with the 11.