Battery at 83% capacity.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I would start thinking about replacing the battery if I intend keeping the phone a couple more years. It will just help the device to get through a day’s use.

P.S.: My 2.5 year old (day one) iPhone 11 Pro is at 77%.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
One of mine is the base 11 purchased within a month or so of release (was excruciatingly close to getting a 13 pro max but that’s a different discussion :)). My battery health is mid 80s but the charge almost always lasts until the evening sleep charging (using Qi charger for much of its life). But if it’s under heavy use (connected to the AirPods playing music for hours, extra long conference calls etc), it can get too low by mid evening. If this is your use case and daily battery experience, I’d say you’re getting what you’ll get from the device.
Did you just apply an OS update? For me I noticed it drained quicker until an added reboot a day or two later.
Do you have optimized charging disabled? (this won’t help the battery now but will moving forward)
Do you have the screen brightness on manual and turned up high?
Are you on carrier internet a lot especially where the signal gets off and on poor coverage?
It may be worth checking that your phone’s settings aren’t draining the charge quicker than need be.

If all that is good but it still regularly isn’t giving you enough daily battery juice, as ED7789 said, it may be time to think battery replacement. Even better, imho, trade in your 11 for the better battery of the 13. Apple before Christmas was offering 350 for trade. Add in the cost of battery replacement and your within a couple hundred of a new 13 (it’s charge likely exceeds a new 11 significantly). BOL…

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't be worth it if you're buying a new phone within the year. You could put the money towards the new phone. Unless you plan on keeping the 11 for 2+ more years.

Angelica Joy

Mar 21, 2022
Visit site
Did you just apply an OS update? For me I noticed it drained quicker until an added reboot a day or two later.
Do you have optimized charging disabled? (this won’t help the battery now but will moving forward)
Do you have the screen brightness on manual and turned up high?
Are you on carrier internet a lot especially where the signal gets off and on poor coverage?
It may be worth checking that your phone’s settings aren’t draining the charge quicker than need be.

I’m in the same position, exactly 83% and because I use my phone a lot I sometimes half way down at lunch.

Should I have optimized charging enabled or not?

Do I reboot after I do an update?

Which settings do I need to check or what can I do to make sure I get most out of my battery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711