Applying a new screen protector

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Silly question......when you get a new phone fresh out the box do you alcohol wipe it down or use tape before applying or is it clean enough to apply after taking factory film off?

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I recently applied screen protectors on some new phones and immediately after taking off the protective factory film I used the provided alcohol wipe first and then the tape just to be sure everything was super clean. All the screen protector installations were flawless with no bubbles.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Definitely use the wipe and tape included with the screen protector. Just because a device is "new in box" doesn't mean it's dust free.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Yep, wipe and tape. But, my question is, “Why is anyone in this day and age still wasting money on screen protectors ?” I didn’t put one one my 6+ or even the M7 I had before that. They are up to to what, Gorilla glass 80 ?

dollface

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Yep, wipe and tape. But, my question is, “Why is anyone in this day and age still wasting money on screen protectors ?” I didn’t put one one my 6+ or even the M7 I had before that. They are up to to what, Gorilla glass 80 ?

I always buy the matte fingerprint proof ones. For that reason, to reduce glare and prevent fingerprints. I was wiping my screen off every 4 minutes without one on

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Because the oleophobic coating can still get scratched easily which looks horrible, and also it eventually wears off which means your phone eventually looks like a fingerprint smudgefest. At least with a screen protector when that stuff happens, rip it off and put a new one on. I've been using the ESR ones that are like 10-12 for a pack of 2 including an installation ring which makes install extremely easy. I can install in just a few minutes with zero dust or alignment issues. It used to take me 30 minutes sometimes to get one on a Plus/Max sized phone due to misalignment then getting dust under it try to fix it etc. I find they last about 3-5 months before the coating shows wear in the heavy swiping areas (mostly cause I swipe type with GBoard).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73