Silly question......when you get a new phone fresh out the box do you alcohol wipe it down or use tape before applying or is it clean enough to apply after taking factory film off?
    06-17-2020 10:28 PM
    I would use the alcohol wipe just to remove any residual dust ,etc.
    Will Brady likes this.
    06-18-2020 06:02 AM
    I recently applied screen protectors on some new phones and immediately after taking off the protective factory film I used the provided alcohol wipe first and then the tape just to be sure everything was super clean. All the screen protector installations were flawless with no bubbles.
    Annie_M and Will Brady like this.
    06-18-2020 06:11 AM
    Definitely use the wipe and tape included with the screen protector. Just because a device is "new in box" doesn't mean it's dust free.
    Annie_M, dollface and Will Brady like this.
    06-18-2020 06:57 AM
    Yep, wipe and tape. But, my question is, “Why is anyone in this day and age still wasting money on screen protectors ?” I didn’t put one one my 6+ or even the M7 I had before that. They are up to to what, Gorilla glass 80 ?
    Will Brady likes this.
    06-18-2020 10:33 AM
    Yep, wipe and tape. But, my question is, “Why is anyone in this day and age still wasting money on screen protectors ?” I didn’t put one one my 6+ or even the M7 I had before that. They are up to to what, Gorilla glass 80 ?
    I always buy the matte fingerprint proof ones. For that reason, to reduce glare and prevent fingerprints. I was wiping my screen off every 4 minutes without one on
    Mr.Willie and Will Brady like this.
    06-18-2020 12:00 PM
    Because the oleophobic coating can still get scratched easily which looks horrible, and also it eventually wears off which means your phone eventually looks like a fingerprint smudgefest. At least with a screen protector when that stuff happens, rip it off and put a new one on. I've been using the ESR ones that are like 10-12 for a pack of 2 including an installation ring which makes install extremely easy. I can install in just a few minutes with zero dust or alignment issues. It used to take me 30 minutes sometimes to get one on a Plus/Max sized phone due to misalignment then getting dust under it try to fix it etc. I find they last about 3-5 months before the coating shows wear in the heavy swiping areas (mostly cause I swipe type with GBoard).
    06-18-2020 01:51 PM
    A screen protector is a must imo just because if you drop it can still withstand the impact.
    07-16-2020 12:33 AM