The iPhone 11 is a pretty darn good phone

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I didn’t expect to like it as much as the Pro Max but the lower resolution screen did not bother me . The camera is so good as well and the phone is Super snappy. Love it .

dollface

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I love my 11 as well. Which color did you get? I got the Purple, but it is really more of a light lavender. Enjoy your new phone

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I didn’t expect to like it as much as the Pro Max but the lower resolution screen did not bother me . The camera is so good as well and the phone is Super snappy. Love it .

It does seem to be an awesome phone! A couple family members both have the iPhone 11, and are very happy. I have played with them both and am very impressed.

frankf10

May 21, 2020
Visit site
tmobile is going to run a trade an old iphone and get up to $350 credit on a iphone 11/11pro/xr/xs

Don't need latest and greatest, but does choosing an older XS over the 11 because of the OLED make any sense? How noticeable is 6.1 vs 5.8?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
For the price and performance you can’t beat the 11. I have both the 11 and the 11 pro max and can’t really see much difference for the price. I will pick up the least expensive 12 that has 5 g this year.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
tmobile is going to run a trade an old iphone and get up to $350 credit on a iphone 11/11pro/xr/xs

Don't need latest and greatest, but does choosing an older XS over the 11 because of the OLED make any sense? How noticeable is 6.1 vs 5.8?

Speaking of size only. If you are a long term iPhone user the size is noticeable. 5.8” from overall size is the same as the 6, 7, and 8. Just instead of 4.7” screen and bezels it is 5.8” screen with no bezel. To me at least the jump to 6.1” was too much and I went back to 5.8” which seems to be the sweet spot for me. But again that’s size only. The 11 has some pro’s like battery size, etc.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For the price and performance you can’t beat the 11. I have both the 11 and the 11 pro max and can’t really see much difference for the price. I will pick up the least expensive 12 that has 5 g this year.

And I feel like this year's phone's screen is better than the XR's for some reason, and they are the absolute same panel.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Call me fickle Freddy! I was originally going to get the SE. Went to the Apple store yesterday, and ended up getting the iPhone 11 in Product Red.
The swipe and Face ID takes a little getting used to, but it’s a great phone!
My only gripe, Apple doesn’t do anything but sell the phone, for obvious reasons, with the exception of the screen protector, and setting up through your carrier.
When I got home, I did what they said and put my 8 plus and the 11 side by side, and everything loaded.
The one problem I had, I lost all my passwords in keychain. Somehow iCloud back up didn’t save my passwords.
So setting this up was a PITA, I ended using 1Password. It’s much easier than keychain. To me the $4 monthly subscription is well worth it, I can keep everything important to me in one safe place.
I still have to get new passwords for everything else.
Good thing though I keep my Apple ID password written down in a safe place, or else I would still be setting this up.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Call me fickle Freddy! I was originally going to get the SE. Went to the Apple store yesterday, and ended up getting the iPhone 11 in Product Red.
My only gripe, Apple doesn’t do anything but sell the phone, for obvious reasons, with the exception of the screen protector, and setting up through your carrier.
When I got home, I did what they said and put my 8 plus and the 11 side by side, and everything loaded.
The one problem I had, I lost all my passwords in keychain. So setting this up was a PITA, I ended using 1Password. It’s much easier than keychain. To me the $4 monthly subscription is well worth it, I can keep everything important to me in one safe place.

Are you still missing your keychain information or did it eventually sync over from iCloud?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Are you still missing your keychain information or did it eventually sync over from iCloud?

Everything is GONE my friend. I lost everything. That was a lesson learned. I may also write my passwords down as I create them, despite how long they are, and tuck them away in a safe place.
I Googled the issue, I think unread somewhere, where keychain doesn’t always back up to iCloud. I sync my 1 Password to iCloud, hopefully I don’t have an issue.
It’s also not so much having to create new passwords. But financial institutions make it a little tough to creat new passwords if you don’t remember it, which I understand.
My Netgear Nighthawk router was a bigger PITA. IT would not accept the security question answers that I knew was right. Good thing I had the password written down.

That’s why it’s wise to keep things written down in a safe place, password managers cannot do
a thing for you if you’re locked out of your phone.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Everything is GONE my friend. I lost everything. That was a lesson learned. I may also write my passwords down as I create them, despite how long they are, and tuck them away in a safe place.

Oh dang! I’m sorry that happened to you. The good thing about 1Password is that you can create a local backup, backup to iCloud and use it for 2FA.

Anyway, take care and have a great weekend, sir.

267005ab25d15bf29f067b48818b1dc3.jpg

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I don’t use 2FA even though I probably should. I am glad though I went back fo 1Password. The subscription is worth it for the peace of mind.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The one problem I had, I lost all my passwords in keychain. Somehow iCloud back up didn’t save my passwords.
So setting this up was a PITA, I ended using 1Password. It’s much easier than keychain. To me the $4 monthly subscription is well worth it, I can keep everything important to me in one safe place.
I still have to get new passwords for everything else.
Good thing though I keep my Apple ID password written down in a safe place, or else I would still be setting this up.

Congrats on your iPhone 11

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2