The iPhone 11 is a pretty darn good phone

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Congratulations on your new iPhone 11... Product Red would be my color choice as well! I’m so excited for you, despite the frustration of losing all your saved passwords.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I picked up an 18W fast charger on Amazon. I am wondering if it’s a bad idea, I don’t want to fry the phone. I may use it for my iPad, thoughts?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the IOS software is smart enough now to prevent charging that hurts the battery so no, you shouldn't be worried.
I picked up an 18W fast charger on Amazon. I am wondering if it’s a bad idea, I don’t want to fry the phone. I may use it for my iPad, thoughts?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
One thing I noticed about the 11. When a text or email comes through. It shows as notification. On my 8 Plus, you would see the email message knowing who the email is from, same with the texts that come through, is that normal?

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed about the 11. When a text or email comes through. It shows as notification. On my 8 Plus, you would see the email message knowing who the email is from, same with the texts that come through, is that normal?

You should be able to go into settings > notifications > mail, click on the email account & choose show preview. You can do the same with texts.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
So my mom did something over the weekend I thought would never happen...she got a brand new iPhone 11! She swore she needed nothing else beyond her dearly beloved iPhone 7 and would probably upgrade to the iPhone SE 2020 but that all changed once she held her grandkid's iPhone 11. Omg she was instantly sold and told me to order her a new phone right away. I ordered it from Best Buy on Friday and it was delivered on Sunday morning. I got her all up and running yesterday and she's in love with Face ID but still trying to get the hang of the swipe gestures which I'm sure will come quickly after she spends a little more time on it. I tell you the iPhone 11 really is a good bang for the buck for anyone who wants a little bit of this and a little bit of that without every bell and whistle of the pro models. My retired mom is so happy to have a matching phone like both of her grandkids!!

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
So my mom did something over the weekend I thought would never happen...she got a brand new iPhone 11! She swore she needed nothing else beyond her dearly beloved iPhone 7 and would probably upgrade to the iPhone SE 2020 but that all changed once she held her grandkid's iPhone 11. Omg she was instantly sold and told me to order her a new phone right away. I ordered it from Best Buy on Friday and it was delivered on Sunday morning. I got her all up and running yesterday and she's in love with Face ID but still trying to get the hang of the swipe gestures which I'm sure will come quickly after she spends a little more time on it. I tell you the iPhone 11 really is a good bang for the buck for anyone who wants a little bit of this and a little bit of that without every bell and whistle of the pro models. My retired mom is so happy to have a matching phone like both of her grandkids!!

Very nice, the iPhone 11 is a great phone! I am also new to the swipe to close, and Face ID. It won’t take Mom long to get used to it.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am very disgusted with myself, for being careless. I haven’t had this phone a month, and already I cracked the screen. A stone hit it while I was working on my sidewalk, and it wasn’t a hard hit either. I thought it was just a mark on the screen, that is until I looked closer.
Luckily it has a screensaver on it, or I assume it could have been worse. It reminded me of the pebble on the windshield. It’s such a light hit,yet at the right spot to cause it to shatter.
And unfortunately, earliest appointment is Friday afternoon. My OCD will be in the red zone, every time I look at my phone.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I am very disgusted with myself, for being careless. I haven’t had this phone a month, and already I cracked the screen. A stone hit it while I was working on my sidewalk, and it wasn’t a hard hit either. I thought it was just a mark on the screen, that is until I looked closer.
Luckily it has a screensaver on it, or I assume it could have been worse. It reminded me of the pebble on the windshield. It’s such a light hit,yet at the right spot to cause it to shatter.
And unfortunately, earliest appointment is Friday afternoon. My OCD will be in the red zone, every time I look at my phone.

Ahhh bummer! Sorry to hear that about your phone

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your bad experience as I can relate , about 2 years ago I was using my 8 Plus on a cement patio and the strong wind took it out of my hand and it dropped and shattered the screen and I took it to the Apple store and they fiddled with it a while and ended up giving me a brand new device , Good luck with yours .

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh bummer! Sorry to hear that about your phone

Sorry to hear about your bad experience as I can relate , about 2 years ago I was using my 8 Plus on a cement patio and the strong wind took it out of my hand and it dropped and shattered the screen and I took it to the Apple store and they fiddled with it a while and ended up giving me a brand new device , Good luck with yours .

Thanks for the well wishes. I am more mad at myself, since I am so careful with my phones. But you all know, all it takes is that right drop or hit, and the screen is now toast. I know this is reaching, but you would think with all this technology. They would come up with a more durable screen.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Today was my lucky day. Turns out, it was only the screen protector that was cracked. So it did it’s job.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods