Hello. I just switched from an Android to an iPhone 11. Loving everything so far. I had been using android for the past 10 years, with a brief 2 week stay with an iPhone 4.

I had been reading a lot about switching and everything I have read about the switch has been spot on. Smoother interface, incredible battery, everything just works, apps perform better.

One thing that put me over the top to switch was notifications. On Android I would constantly get delayed notifications. When my phone was inactive for a short while no notifications would come through unless I picked it up again. Then they would all come through. Happened on multiple devices over the last 2 years.

Thanks for reading and now my question.

One thing I did a lot on Android was interact with a notification right from the lock screen. For example, if an email came though I would be able to delete or mark read right from the lock screen or notification shade.

Is this possible on iOS?

Thanks.
    Lee_Bo and Speedygi like this.
    04-25-2020 11:07 PM
    On the lock screen, hard press the email and you can read, delete, Mark as read
    04-26-2020 01:54 AM
    You can also swipe right on the notification.
    04-26-2020 05:21 AM
    Thank you very much. Something so simple. Much appreciated.
    04-26-2020 08:11 AM
    You can also swipe right on the notification.
    Thanks. Yes I saw those actions.
    04-26-2020 08:12 AM
    Congratulations on your new iPhone and welcome back to iMore!
    04-26-2020 10:27 AM
    Congratulations on your new iPhone and welcome back to iMore!
    Thank you very much.
    04-26-2020 12:28 PM
    Welcome to iMore

Enjoy and Post Often
    diego.roscetti likes this.
    04-26-2020 05:38 PM
    Welcome to iMore. Enjoy your new iPhone 11!
    04-26-2020 10:48 PM
    Welcome to iMore.
    04-26-2020 11:17 PM
    Welcome to iMore!
    04-27-2020 01:57 PM
    Hello. I just switched from an Android to an iPhone 11. Loving everything so far. I had been using android for the past 10 years, with a brief 2 week stay with an iPhone 4.

I had been reading a lot about switching and everything I have read about the switch has been spot on. Smoother interface, incredible battery, everything just works, apps perform better.

One thing that put me over the top to switch was notifications. On Android I would constantly get delayed notifications. When my phone was inactive for a short while no notifications would come through unless I picked it up again. Then they would all come through. Happened on multiple devices over the last 2 years.

Thanks for reading and now my question.

One thing I did a lot on Android was interact with a notification right from the lock screen. For example, if an email came though I would be able to delete or mark read right from the lock screen or notification shade.

Is this possible on iOS?

Thanks.
    Welcome to iMore. We’re glad you’re here.
    04-27-2020 04:13 PM
    Welcome to iMore

Enjoy and Post Often
    Thanks. Loving it so far. I got tired of the customizations and just needed a phone that “works”. Little bugs on Android were driving me crazy.
    iwoodland likes this.
    04-27-2020 04:18 PM
    Welcome to iMore. Enjoy your new iPhone 11!
    Thank you.
    Welcome to iMore.
    Thanks.
    Welcome to iMore. We’re glad you’re here.
    Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.
    04-27-2020 04:19 PM
    Thanks. Loving it so far. I got tired of the customizations and just needed a phone that “works”. Little bugs on Android were driving me crazy.
    I was a major Android nut from 2010-2012 and in Sept 2012 came back to iOS with the iPhone 5 and I haven’t looked back since.

I’ve tried numerous times with the Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P (bought that 4 times), Galaxy S8, Galaxy S10 and the S20+ just a few weeks ago to see if I could switch back to Android full time and every time I can only last about 48 hours before factory resetting the phone and returning it. Android just annoys me on so many levels now LOL after using iOS again for so long.  just knows how to nail the little things in iOS that just add up to a more polished experience.

Also welcome!
    diego.roscetti and dollface like this.
    05-05-2020 03:46 AM
    I was a major Android nut from 2010-2012 and in Sept 2012 came back to iOS with the iPhone 5 and I haven’t looked back since.

I’ve tried numerous times with the Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P (bought that 4 times), Galaxy S8, Galaxy S10 and the S20+ just a few weeks ago to see if I could switch back to Android full time and every time I can only last about 48 hours before factory resetting the phone and returning it. Android just annoys me on so many levels now LOL after using iOS again for so long.  just knows how to nail the little things in iOS that just add up to a more polished experience.

Also welcome!
    Thanks. Yea the little things we’re getting on my nerves as well. I posted in other forums but the delayed notifications over the last 2 years were driving me nuts.

Loving it so far. Like I have read so many times before switching. iOS just works!
    swarlos and dollface like this.
    05-05-2020 09:50 PM