So I made the jump, am leaving Android . Expecting my Red 128GB version in the next few days. Any recommended settings tips / tricks I should know about?
    azgoth444 and Annie_M like this.
    02-21-2020 12:59 PM
    Hi Steelsteve! Welcome to the Forum. You will find that there is an inbuilt Tips App on your new phone - well worth delving into, with periodic updates. One thing not to forget though - that is your Apple ID password!
    02-21-2020 01:14 PM
    Welcome to iMore! It's great to have you here. @Mars20 is right... don't forget your AppleID and password. I recommend setting up security questions and keeping the answers in a safe place. Two-factor authentication is also a great idea. As for tips and tricks, recommended apps, etc, there are tons of posts here that you will definitely find helpful. And, when in doubt, please post a question. We're always happy to help.

Another thing that would be great for you is the "Today at Apple" program. If you have an Apple Store nearby, check out the "Today At Apple" program. They are a series of workshops and training sessions about a myriad of topics, which include an introduction to the iPhone. They are free to anyone with an Apple ID, and you can find a schedule of classes at your store on Apple's website.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-21-2020 01:31 PM
    Suh-weeetness!!!!!! Welcome to the dark side.

As someone who did that same thing a few years back, one thing to keep in mind. Use the Gmail app of you want push notifications from Gmail. All the iOS mail app can do is a 15 minute fetch. Or create an iCloud address and forward your Gmail to iCloud.

If you haven't already, create your Apple ID here:
    https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin
    and click on "Create Your Apple ID" at the top.

You can also create your Apple ID when you are setting up your new device, but this way you can get head of that.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-21-2020 01:35 PM
    Welcome to iMore! For setup, I don't really have anything to add, apps are meant to run all the time on iOS so you only need to close them if they are misbehaving.
    02-21-2020 06:29 PM
    So I made the jump, am leaving Android . Expecting my Red 128GB version in the next few days. Any recommended settings tips / tricks I should know about?
    Hooray and welcome. The folks here are great. I switched as well recently too and its been a great experience so far. Enjoy your new iPhone
    02-22-2020 03:26 AM
    Welcome to iMore! you will find your new iPhone very easy to set up , if you have any questions after you get it up and running there is a lot of knowledge on the forums here just ask .
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-22-2020 04:51 AM
    Welcome to iMore.
    02-22-2020 07:38 AM
    Welcome to iMore. There's a user guide for iOS 13.3 you can add to your Books app.

https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/...mUvbUpU3194150

You can find many articles online about tips and tricks on the iPhone. And feel free to ask here about any issues or tips/tricks you may seek.
    02-22-2020 07:45 AM
    I made the switch over in 2018 after being an exclusive Android fanboy and love it. There is definitely some complaints like not being able to set default apps but you get use to it.
    I have an extremely hard time transferring my info from my Android to my iPhone. The transfer app would not work.
    As someone above said create your Apple ID then I would download my contacts from your google account into a vCard and transfer them to your Apple ID.
    02-22-2020 08:02 AM
    Welcome to iMore
    02-22-2020 09:42 PM
    Thanks all for the replies. How do you find the display on the 11? Coming from an Android phone with a higher Rez display I'm a little worried the lower Rez screen on the iPhone may be noticable, but I'm not paying Max prices.
    02-23-2020 11:50 AM
    The iPhone 11 screen is fine. I personally think it’s been overblown. If you’re standing there comparing it to a Pro or Pro Max you might be able to see a difference. But in normal day to day stuff the LCD is very good.
    02-25-2020 12:40 PM
    I’m probably the minority that would love for Apple to release a Pro phone with a UHD LCD screen. They seem to be easier on my eyes and dark mode/theme really bothers my eyes so that’s wasted on me.
    02-25-2020 12:45 PM
    Welcome to iMore

Enjoy and Post Often
    02-25-2020 12:45 PM
    Well, phone arrived yesterday and I’m still configuring to my liking. Right now my biggest adjustment is no finger print sensor or back button. Didn’t realize I’d missed those 2 things as much as I seem to be at the moment. Still trying to figure out how to use songs as ringtones. I tried to follow instructions on this site but my iTunes doesn’t give me the options it says to look for so more research is needed there
    02-26-2020 06:34 AM
    02-26-2020 01:58 PM
    iMore just posted this in their blog this morning and it may help: https://www.imore.com/how-create-cus...991.1578579893

Garage Band is an Apple App that should come on your phone. If not, you can download it free from the App Store.
    02-27-2020 09:21 AM
    Thanks I found a similar step by step last night and was able to use Garage Band to create one.
    02-27-2020 09:29 AM
    So things I've learned so far in my journey.
    1.) Delete the maps application that comes with the phone and install Google Maps - This allows me to configure turn by turn directions to play from the phones speakers since my car stereo does not support Apple Play or Apple Car or what ever its called.

Things I'm still researching.
    1.) Screen seems to adjust brightness even though I have automatic turned off in Display settings. I'm guessing there has to be another setting I haven't found yet
    2.) How to make my texts play over blue tooth when connected to my Uconnect system in the car. Originally I came from a Microsoft phone which would read and allow me to respond to all texts, then moved to Android again and was able to use the Uconnect internal commands to at least read new texts and respond with canned answers. Now with the iPhone it tells me this isn't supported. Is there an app or setting which enables this?
    02-27-2020 09:35 AM
    2. In Settings \ Bluetooth \ Select your car, and choose show notifications.

So things I've learned so far in my journey.
    1.) Delete the maps application that comes with the phone and install Google Maps - This allows me to configure turn by turn directions to play from the phones speakers since my car stereo does not support Apple Play or Apple Car or what ever its called.

Things I'm still researching.
    1.) Screen seems to adjust brightness even though I have automatic turned off in Display settings. I'm guessing there has to be another setting I haven't found yet
    2.) How to make my texts play over blue tooth when connected to my Uconnect system in the car. Originally I came from a Microsoft phone which would read and allow me to respond to all texts, then moved to Android again and was able to use the Uconnect internal commands to at least read new texts and respond with canned answers. Now with the iPhone it tells me this isn't supported. Is there an app or setting which enables this?
    02-28-2020 01:25 PM
    Thanks I’ll try it
    02-28-2020 02:05 PM