Does your phone dim for a bit before shutting down?

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I noticed that when I shut down the phone screen is like 15-20 sec still on but dimmed. And then it turns off completely.

Does that happen with yours also?

dollface

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Shutting down

Hi,

I noticed that when I shut down the phone screen is like 15-20 sec still on but dimmed. And then it turns off completely.

Does that happen with yours also?

Not when I press the power button to turn off but if I just lay my phone down and the auto off period ends, I can see that it is only dimmed for a few seconds then it shuts off

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Shutting down

That's normal. It's like the yellow traffic light. Warns you it's about to go off. But shouldn't do it if you turn it off with the power button.

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Re: Shutting down

I just measured the time. After I slide shut down button, it takes about 45 sec before phone is completely off.
Try it in a little bit darker area. In the light it can be unnoticeable.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It works as designed and I see it as an early warning system as l use the Max Auto-Lock and “Never” on the occasions like when I’m playing cards and want my screen on all the time

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Most of the time, your iPhone keeps dimming because Auto-Brightness is turned on. Auto-Brightness is a feature that automatically adjusts the brightness of your iPhone screen depending on the lighting conditions around you. Then, turn off the switch next to Auto-Brightness.

The OP was referring to when the phone shuts down.